Dr. CSteven Shaffer, PHD

Dr. CSteven Shaffer, PHD

Relationship Counseling  ·
Dr. CSteven Shaffer, PHD is a relationship counselor in Newnan, GA. He specializes in relationship counseling, counseling, and more.Read his story

2594 Highway 34 E Ste B

Newnan, GA 30265

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • CareSource
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Shaffer

Dr. Shaffer's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Shaffer "Dr. C. Steven Shaffer B.A, M.A., M.S, D.Min., Ph.D., National Certified Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor & Executive Life Coach Dr. Shaffer was born in 1955, came to faith at age 6 and was raised in a pastor's home. He has completed a Bachelor degree in Bible, a Masters in Christian Education at Trinity Divinity School, a Doctorate in Biblical Literature, a Master of Science degree in Professional Counseling at Georgia State University and a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Breyer State University. Additionally, he has taken several graduate level classes in Leadership.Currently, he provides care and concern for hundreds of people as a Professional Counselor and Executive Life Coach. He specializes in relationship building, is an experienced marriage counselor, enjoys counseling troubled youth, aids those with anxiety, depression, personality disorders and a host of other maladaptive behaviors."Most of my clients are facing relational challenges due to areas that are out of balance in their lives. At the present time I have about 200 clients that are comprised of youth and adults. I spend much time working with people with high levels of stress, anxiety and depression. My greatest strengths are in Marriage & Family Counseling and Youth Counseling due to the fact that I look for root problems in the lives of people and find ways to retrain them so that they can be much more functional.I provide several assessments that provide great insight into root problems. As a result, I can get to the core of the problem very quickly and then begin retraining immediately. I currently have provided over 10,000 Taylor-Johnson Temperament Analysis' and use the results wisely. I have found that most people are "great people" but they are out of balance in key areas of their lives. As a result, I work diligently to resolve key issues as soon as possible. While we are free to make our choices, were not free to choose our consequences."Dr. Shaffer also served as a Police Chaplain in the suburbs of Chicago, worked at Ft. McPherson Army base and has experience in anger management, substance abuse and parenting groups. He serves as the Executive Director of CURE Counseling & Assessment Centre."

This content was provided by Dr. Shaffer "Hello Dr. Shaffer,

It is amazing how quickly time passes. I just wanted to take a moment and sincerely thank you for everything you have done for me – but also my family. You have had a significant, positive, life long impact on me. I will work to maintain and continue to implement all of your insights into my values, goals and daily decisions. You have helped me become a better person, spouse and father.I'm sure that you can probably see with better objectivity than I – the span of where I arrived at your door to where I am now. From darkness and rage to light and laughter. I really appreciate in my darkest days the strength and positive encouragement that you extended to me – even though I was interrupting your life at the time. Thank you again for giving me a more balanced, positive, happy life.  I couldn't be here, in this moment, without you and you will always be with me and not far from my thoughts.   Your friend, Marion"

• Relationship Counseling
  • ADHD Parent Coaching
  • Anxiety Disorders
  • Counseling
  • Couples Counseling
  • Life Coaching
  • Marriage & Family Therapy

Dr. Shaffer does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD Testing
  • Family Counseling
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Counseling

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Education data for Dr. Shaffer is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Shaffer has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Shaffer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shaffer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shaffer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shaffer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shaffer

Dr. Shaffer?
Dr. Shaffer's Performance
What People Say About Dr. CSteven Shaffer, PHD
Dr. Shaffer changed my life!! He gave me tools and not just talk. He taught me how to make more positive improvements in my life than any other counselor. I just met with him last week to see if my teenage daughters could be taught we I have learned. He was excited to teach them and took them...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. CSteven Shaffer, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shaffer?