Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D

Marriage & Family Therapy ·  Male · Age 67

Dr. Rosenblum

Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D is a marriage & family therapist in Lakewood, CO. He graduated from Univeristy Of Northern Colorado Graduate Degree Community Mental Health and specializes in marriage & family therapy, psychology, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Rosenblum accepts

Dr. Rosenblum accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Cofinity
Cofinity PPO
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Health Net
Tricare
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Rocky Mountain Health Plans
Rocky Mountain Health Plans HMO
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check if Dr. Rosenblum treats your condition or procedure

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavior Modification
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Neuropsychological Testing
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Pain Management
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Pediatric Counseling
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Disorders
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

I take great pride in customizing your treatment in a way that is both research informed, potent, and customized to the techniques that you most like.

• Marriage & Family Therapy

14.035087719298245%

Dr. Rosenblum?
Dr. Rosenblum's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D
I saw Dr. Rosenblum over twenty years ago after my divorce. He first established a set of therapy goals, and an approximate time-table as to when I might expect to attain them. During therapy, he listened openly to me, and offered suggestions to help me make certain decisions. He also provided me a lot of tools to help me recover from my divorce and get on with my life. He also gave me homework, which helped me to recognize and overcome some of my ineffective behaviors. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D?
Dr. R. helped me by talking through my deepest pains that i thought had went away years ago. My current struggles stemmed back from my past and i had to deal with them in order to let them go. My life is better and I appreciate his candidness and support!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D?
I'll start with the good. He has a little protocol that is helpful for promoting communication and that helped us connect. That was beneficial for our relationship. The bad: he came off as passive aggressive and immature in session sometimes. He often times seemed to be more concerned with money than how we were doing. And he really missed some of the biggest issues in our marriage that our next therapist caught right away. Wouldn't recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D?
We have seen Dr Rosenblum at several points (for several months at a time) in our marriage and he has been so helpful. He is up on all of the psychology related research, so you know his recommendations are based in a wide body of expertise. My husband and I have very different personalities and we both liked him a lot. We have recommended him to other couples and family members.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D?
He has greatly improved our marriage by teaching us some tools for useful communication and items to be mindful of. He also gave great therapy and advice for improving how I perform at work and approach the many pitfalls that go along with it. I highly recommend his knowledge, expertise and therapeutic skills.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D?
Dr. "Burt" has done a wonderful job for my wife and me. He's helped uncover the honest issues that have caused strife and we now have the honesty, courage and tools to civilly address and resolve these issues as they pop up. Furthermore, he consistently followed the science-based methodology of his profession to lead us to a predicted outcome which he described in our first meeting. I highly recommend Dr. Burt.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D?
I agree with the person who said - "While he presents himself in a docile, even keeled manner, I find that how he spoke during sessions be condescending, curt, with irritation, and passive-aggression. Like a parent to a child when reprimanding them." This was exactly my experience. I specifically asked if we could to Neuro Linguistic Programming Therapy before I booked since that had helped in the past but when we weren't doing it as in the past, he told me I didn't know what I was talking about
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D?
My wife and I seen Burton for two situations. We have enjoyed an excellent 30 yr. marriage but with a ten year age difference but as we aged that gap manifested itself in several areas and with doctor's help our marriage is stronger than ever and we know each other in a deeper and better way. We recently lost our 20 year old son. My wife and I process this in very different ways. The grief counseling allowed us to be ourselves but stay on the same page. Very thankful for his help!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D?
Dr. Burt is wonderful. He properly assisted me in creating goals for myself and understanding how they assist me in life. I feel like he understood me and listened. He always explained his strategies and always tried to understand my feelings about the strategies. He made significant effort to customize my treatment, as I am stubborn and impatient and hesitant to change at times. He was always professional and his office is close to my work and home.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D?
Dr. Burt provides a comfortable setting in which one can openly talk about anything that needs attention in life. The group setting is a positive experience that promotes feedback and healthy changes in one's own life and relationships all while connecting with others who are doing the same. I had Dr. B's number for 2 years before I made the call....wish I had done so earlier!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D?
I've gone to a few therapists over the years. Never really stick with it as I feel like I'm just listening to myself talk. However, I've had a different experience with Dr. Rosenblum. Initially, he is very methodical in getting to know you and your unique situation and goals. Then he purposefully goes about helping you reach those goals. I really enjoy our interactions and his practical approach to improving strategies and skills. This has been a very rewarding experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D?
Dr. Rosenblum is patient, responsive, and insightful. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D?
I am currently seeing Dr. Rosenblum again and have previously sent both of my sons and a past boyfriend to see him. He has helped me through several troubled times in the past two decades. Each time, Dr. Rosenblum helped direct me to work on my most critical issues and provided me with the tools to work through them. Each time I came back to him, my issues were somewhat different but he has always helped me work through my issues to reach a more comfortable spot in my life..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D?
While he presents himself in a docile, even keeled manner, I find that how he spoke during sessions be condescending, curt, with irritation, and passive-aggression. Like a parent to a child when reprimanding them. I never felt I could relax in his presence.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D?
My son began visits with Dr Burt late last year. He created an environment that was open and comfortable. I had been told that you don't typically get it "right" with a mental health professional the first try so I feel blessed that we made a connection right away. My son "graduated" from weekly therapy and he actually told me he would miss his time with Dr Burt. I have recommended Dr Burt to friends and I stand by that on this site. We have been very pleased with our experience and results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D?
Dr. Burt has significant changed my life in positive, meaningful and permanent ways. His approach to building understanding and navigating personal and couple challenges is consistent and calculated. He provides his patients ownership and direction over their process and supports designing strategies for long term sustainability for life's most difficult and persistent obstacles. I would highly recommend Dr. Burt to my family and friends!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D?
I found Dr. Burton to be a consummate professional. He listened to my concerns and developed a specialized treatment plan to deal with the issues involved. He is a caring and concerned therapist. I will see him again if the need arises and would highly recommend his services to anyone in need.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D?
I found Dr. Rosenblum to be very clear and helpful. Together we set achievable goals and made real tangible progress. He is intuitive, insightful and definitely worthwhile to work with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D?
He laid out everything he had mind for our sessions in the beginning and gave an estimate of how long and what we will work on. I personally thought that really helped to create tangible goals and a plan to address them. I felt appropriately challenged in our sessions, but he never made anything overly difficult or frustrating. For me it was a very good balance. He was very perceptive to issues and I always thought his observations were very astute. I feel he aided in achieving my goals.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D?
Dr. Rosenblum was recommended to us by a friend for marriage counseling. He always only gave us 30 minutes (it was supposed to be 45 min) and would abruptly end the session asking how we were going to pay him. He also mumbled and we couldn't understand half the time what he was saying. The straw that broke the camel's back was when my husband had been assigned jury duty and he let him know as soon as he got it, but Dr. Rosenblum said we took advantage of him by canceling our next appt.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Burton Rosenblum, ED.D?

How was your experience with Dr. Rosenblum?