Brigitte Rhody, CNM

Midwifery •  Female

Brigitte Rhody
1501 East Ave Ste 211 Rochester, NY 14610

Brigitte Rhody, CNM is a midwife in Rochester, NY. She specializes in midwifery.

• Low wait times Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Friendly staff Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

3.9

Brigitte Rhody?
Brigitte Rhody's Performance
What People Say About Brigitte Rhody, CNM
We were blessed to work with Brigitte and her wonderful team after an awful experience with a practice closer to us in Buffalo, N.Y. Brigitte was willing to take on our birth even though we were coming to her late term, and with insurance not on board to boot. She agreed even though that meant her possibly having to drive an hour and a half in the middle of the night to deliver our son. She completed my prenatal care professionally, offering relevant and competent medical advice and procedure. During the birth, Brigitte and her team arrived timely and set up quickly. This being my 3rd homebirth, my husband and I knew what to expect, and they allowed us to labor together as alone and uninterrupted as possible, until it was time to push. Her and her nurse partner worked together seamlessly during any necessary medical intervention, and a doula assisting offered aromatherapy and took the most incredible pictures. Throughout our care we felt like family with respect to our decisions10/10
×Post a ResponseAre you Brigitte Rhody, CNM?
My daughters birth couldn't have gone better if I scripted it and Brigitte made this incredible experience possible. I knew from our first phone call that she and I clicked, but I had no idea how much I could love and trust a midwife. Her wealth of wisdom seems effortless and approachable. We navigated a breech baby at 39 weeks, an ECV, and my million-and-one questions together and she never for a second lacked confidence or empathy. Especially in the hospital setting, I would not have navigated the procedure as calmly if it weren't for her sticking by and advocating for me. The homebirth was magical. We know labor pain is magnified by fear and discomfort, and I had the ultimate dream team around me and felt fearless, calm, and comfortable. If I had not chosen Brigitte as my midwife, there is a high likelihood my first child would have been a surgical birth, at 39 weeks - but instead, she was able to grow to 41.5 and arrive in perfect time and health. Thanks beyond words B!
×Post a ResponseAre you Brigitte Rhody, CNM?
Brigitte Rhody Garrison, CNM is an excellent practitioner. I use her for my well woman care, and she has come to my aid at odd hours, when my only other option would have been the emergency room. Her care is sensitive, practical, and up to date. I have recommended her to friends, & clients, for well--woman OB/GYN care, fertility issues, and home-births.
×Post a ResponseAre you Brigitte Rhody, CNM?
I found Brigitte to be compassionate and extremely thorough when helping a teenaged patient who was experiencing menstrual pains. Instead of writing it off as "normal" to be in that much and prescribing a one-size-fits-all approach as another provider had done, she ordered some blood testing that revealed a possible treatable cause, and gave recommendations for next steps.
×Post a ResponseAre you Brigitte Rhody, CNM?
I wanted to have my baby on my terms without any unnecessary and risky medical interventions. My husband was terrified that having a home birth might be risky. Brigitte provided the perfect combination of obstetric expertise to reassure him and hands off approach that I needed to relax and have an incredible peaceful but safe birth experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Brigitte Rhody, CNM?
B encouraged her patient to take something to progress her labor, just to suggest something later, to slow it down & sedate her. B continually complained about how slowly her patient was progressing. Throughout the entire labor B made several suggestions of transitioning to the hospital based solely on how long my daughter had been in labour. Neither mother nor baby were ever in any danger. Overall, I felt that B's attitude was that she had already been paid & now was annoyed to be there.
×Post a ResponseAre you Brigitte Rhody, CNM?

How was your experience with Brigitte Rhody?

• Midwifery