Chiropractic  |
Male
Dr. Brian Short, DC
Dr. Short has been in private practice for the past 30 years and has helped hundreds of patients achieve their healthcare goals through Chiropractic. After completing two years of pre-med undergraduate studies, he earned his Doctorate of Chiropractic at Sherman College in Spartanburg, South Carolina, then started his practice in Seattle. While practicing in Seattle, he worked with the head trainer of the Seattle Supersonics and provided Chiropractic care for the team's athletes. He's been voted one of "America's Top Chiropractors" by the Consumer Research Council of America. Dr. Short treats a wide range of patients from pediatrics to geriatrics. Throughout his 30 years of clinical experience he has a long track record of successfully treating herniated discs (helping people avoid surgery) low back and neck pain, sciatica (leg pain), headaches, TMD (jaw pain), and carpal tunnel syndrome (wrist pain). Dr. Short believes that optimal health can be achieved through a combination of a properly aligned spine which results in a well-functioning nervous system, appropriate diet and exercise, a positive mental attitude, a willingness to help others, and a healthy balance of work and play.

Back in Action Chiropractic

1444 S Saint Francis Dr Ste C

Santa Fe, NM 87505

(505) 660-2080

• New Mexico Health Connections
  • Presbyterian Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Short

Our mission is to treat your immediate needs while providing you with recommendations that will speed up your recovery and lead to long term health. Whether it's an acute phase of a chronic problem or a more complex trauma like a motor vehicle accident or sports injury, Dr. Short uses a very precise and scientifically based method of neuromuscular analysis to properly diagnose the problem and to determine if Chiropractic care is indicated as the best course of treatment for you.

• Chiropractic

Dr. Short does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
  • Tension Headache
  • Wear and Tear Arthritis
  • Whiplash
  • Wrist Pain

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Mexico.

• Sherman College Of Chiropractic
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • Sherman College Of Chiropractic
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Short has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Short has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Short does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Short and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Short's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Short to family and friends
Dr. Short's Performance
in Los Alamos, NM |
Dr. Short is an excellent Chiropractor. When I first went in I was in terrible pain. Within two weeks, my pain was non-existent and I could move my arm again. He's definitely my go-to doctor when my tendonitus kicks in again. And I know it will!
in Santa Fe, NM |
I've been seeing Dr. Short for a year now. All the kinks and pains in my spine and neck are gone. My posture is correct now because my spine and muscles are no longer frozen up. Pain free!!!! Dr. Short's therapy is non invasive and precise because of his use of an activator. Highly recommended.
in Albuquerque, NM |
Dr Short is an excellent chiropractor who treats the whole body and not just the spine. I had been seeing a chiropractor in MD who does a similar technique and was worried when I moved to Santa Fe that I could not find a similar level of care. Thankfully I did. After my first adjustment all my pain was gone and I even moved a room full of chairs and tables after a dinner event and the adjustment held. I was amazed. Dr Short is great!
in Espanola, NM |
Dr. Short is an expert in chiropractic care. He helped fix my chronic sciatica issues, which have plagued me for years. I am happy to have found him and appreciate his gentle Activator based chiropractic approach and recommend his treatment.
My internist referred me to Dr. Short to address upper-body chronic pain from injuries in a 1980 car accident. I've been seeing him for several months and am delighted with my increased flexibility and range of motion. My posture has also improved as a result of his treatment. In addition, he has also fitted me for orthotics to correct cuboid syndrome, which had bothered me for years following a severe ankle sprain. As a result, I've been able to expand my activity and once again enjoy hiking.
Santa Fe, NM |
My primary care physician recommended Dr. Short for a persistent hip issue. I found Dr. Short to be responsive and knowledgeable, and I experienced immediate results which only improved through subsequent visits. His office is conveniently located and he maintains a soothing environment. I can't recommend him highly enough.
in Santa Fe, NM |
I've known Dr. Short for 10-15 years. He stopped by my office to ask me to consider sending patients to him for Activator based chiropractic. He demo'ed his technique on me and I was impressed with his ability to identify the source of pain and address it with the activator. I've had occasion to personally use his services over the years with good results and have referred patients who I thought would benefit from his approach. He has the ability to get people out of pain and keep them that way.
in Santa Fe, NM |
I began seeing Dr. Short a few months ago after hurting my back . I have many long term body issues so I did not expect an instant fix. But I have seen definite improvement through my work with Dr. Short. On occasion, he has also noticed some other issues (jaw for example) that I didn't mention to him....but through his amazing analytic techniques he pinpointed and corrected. Dr. Short does not use aggressive manual manipulations but rather uses the activator method which is much more gentle
in Santa Fe, NM |
I have suffered with chronic pain due to whiplash, for most of my adult life. I saw various chiropractors in two different states over the years, but I never received the positive results that I have received with Dr. Short. I have been a faithful customer for 5 years. His gentle method, using the activator, is painless and effective. Dr. Short is a true professional and I highly recommend him!
in Santa Fe, NM |
I had been reluctant to see a chiropractor because I was afraid of someone manipulating my spine and cracking bones! I was recommended to Dr. Short by my primary. I was assured that there will be no manipulation of my spine. Dr. Short's methods are painless and harmless. He uses a device that getly nudges the affected areas. Within a week of his treatments I have had relief from regular headaches that I have had, on and off, for over 6 years.
in Santa Fe, NM |
Dr. Short helped me relieve excruciating pain from a rib that kept popping out of place. He's attentive, calm and uses an activator, which I prefer over traditional chiropractic techniques. I go to him once a month to keep me adjusted and I leave super relaxed and pain-free ever time.
in Santa Fe, NM |
For years I have tried to deal with chronic lower-back pain. I have seen innumerable back doctors and tried many exercise regimes. Nothing seemed to help. Since starting work with DrBrian Short, I have great relief in my lower back and with my shoulder and neck pains. He uses his excellent therapeutic skills with great competence. I cannot recommend him more highly.
in Santa Fe, NM |
Dr. Short listens carefully, asks targeted questions, and has provided pain relief to me. His treatments are effective and restorative.
Santa Fe, Nm |
I called Dr. Short after unexpectedly throwing my neck out and he responded almost immediately early in the morning to schedule an appointment. Moreover, within only two days of his treatment I could move my neck and my pain dropped to a dull ache - barely anything compared to what it had been before his treatment. Highly recommend.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Couldn't live without him!
in NM |
Dr Short has a lot of technique qualities using the Activator. Although he said he never uses Manuel manipulation, he surprised me twice by using it, each time made my issues worse. I have a lot of trouble with my neck, three times he has set that worse for me. So I decided to stop going to him. A lot of people are long time clients of his, and like him, but it didn't work out for me
Hi Kathy, I see your 4 star review in 2016 has become a 2 star review. I don't use manual manipulation and am not quite sure why you felt the need to revise your review but hopefully you can find what/who you are looking for elsewhere. The person you referred to me has given me a 5 star review and I appreciate it. Sorry I was unable to help you.
in Nambe, NM |
Dr. Short is great! He is very knowledgeable and is helping me to align my body after years and years of high level sports. He is also helping me to align my feet which I have gone to 2 podiatrists to remedy, one suggesting surgery, and neither suggesting a chiropractic adjustment. I can actually walk without compensating for the pain and misaligned bones now! I had no idea that seeing Dr. Short would help my body as much as it has and continues to!
in Nambe, NM |
Doc Short has helped my body to regain full alignment and he taught it how to maintain the alignment over the long-term. I feel great! He makes my two previous chiropractors look like novices. He accurately diagnosed a difference in the lenght of my legs and gave me heel lifts to compensate the difference free of charge! He has now checked me and found me in perfect alignment five times and because he has not made adjustments he has not charged me for these visits! Thank you Doc Short!
in Nambe, NM |
I couldn't even talk, was completely out of alignment, had the wrong shoes, and was fatigued from not being able to sleep due to pain. My wife called Dr. Short on a Friday afternoon and he saw us on a Saturday and Sunday to begin my treatment. I have followed his suggestions and I'm experiencing relief from long-standing misalignment issues.
in Santa Fe, NM |
Dr. Short took his time to evaluate me in a professional manner. His tests found that I was not "out of align," so therefore there was no continued treatment. He also educated me on the issues of worn out shoes, inadequate pillow support as well as mattress issues that may be contributing to my problem. His honesty was refreshing and he did not charge me for the initial consultation .
in Santa Fe, NM |
Dr. Brian Short is amazing. He was able to help me eliminate long-term head and neck pain that had not responded to any other modality or technique. Highly recommended!
in Santa Fe, NM |
I had never before been to a chiropractor, but Dr. Short was recommended to me by my physician for a back problem about a year ago. His treatment was amazingly successful, relieving most of my pain in a few weeks. I have been going for maintenance visits ever since . Recently I strained my back once again when lifting more than I should have, and he got me walking and feeling good again in a short time. I recommend him highly.
in Santa Fe, NM |
I had shoulder surgery but needed adjustment of some sort. I couldn't even lift my arm. My granddaughter went to see him and I went along. Dr. Short said he could help me and gosh he sure did. He helped me and now I am doing well. I can now make jelly, so I took him a jar of raspberry jelly.
in Santa Fe, NM |
Dr. Short is a provider who reaches you exactly as you need relief from your pain. I have had spine issues and receiving his treatments, I was healed. I had a second injury a year later in which I had compressed a disk and needed relief. I could barely bend and standing up from sitting was almost unbearable. After a few treatments, I could feel tremendous relief. He has helped my wife too. I am sure she will write a review down the road. Thank you for your expertise. Roy H.
in Santa Fe, New Mexico |
A five star rating from me! Doctor Short has helped me, significantly, with relief from a chronic back condition. Not only is my painful spine vastly improved but many other related symptoms are erased or diminished. I'm greatly satisfied by this successful, non-invasive, treatment. AND I don't walk like an old woman anymore!
in Santa Fe, NM |
Excellent, intuitive care...Brian is hands down the best in town, if not in the state.
in Santa Fe, NM |
I have been in chronic back pain for a number of years and after my very first appointment with Dr. Short I was pain free for the first time in a long time the entire next day. Of course to remain pain free it is important to stay consistent with appointments and take advice for home care seriously.
in Santa Fe, NM |
I had suffered for 9 months with the aftermath of a serious car accident. My doctor recommended Dr Short as a gentle man with a wide range of up-to-date knowledge in chiropractic care. Dr. Short is easy-going but very efficient, thorough and competent. My pain and the alignment of my neck, back, hips improved dramatically. I followed his advise to the tee including supplements, pillow, shoes, car seat adjustments. He listened and explained everything in layman's terms to ensure understanding
in Santa Fe, NM |
He is the BEST and his gift to heal has helped me get to living a pain free life! He came highly recommended to me by my doctor at a time when I was having horrible back pain and could hardly stand. He is my go to guy for all body aches and pains!
in Santa Fe, NM |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Short. A chronic condition was remarkably changed in a week and the pain released.
Santa Fe, NM |
Dr. Short has a laid back manner and is efficient and follows through from car seat adjustments, shoe adjustments and body adjustments. I highly recommend him. He can pull you out of a chronic or acute situation.
San Jose |
I went to Dr Short after a car accident. All was well until my auto insurance funds ran out. He refused to bill my health insurance, even though he was contracted with them. He made threatening phone calls, said he was going to send me to collections, & took out a personal lien against me. We went round & round even though my insurance told me repeatedly they were willing to pay it all. My health insurance had to request bills from him, & when he finally sent them in, they paid him.
I do not know of this incident or this patient. As a contracted provider we are obligated to bill patient's insurance otherwise we don't get paid. It would be helpful if this person would identify themselves and contact my office so we can clear this up.
in Santa Fe, NM |
Dr Short has an easy manner to help the client feel relaxed in his care. His technique is different compared with many other chiropractors I have seen in the past. No high velocity movement or cracking bones! His treatment has helped me with neck and low back pain as well as migraine headaches. He has also helped my teenage daughter over the last few years with a variety of musculoskeletal complaints.
in Sante Fe NM |
Excellent- took the time with me to listen to my concerns-
in Phoenix, AZ |
Very thorough and professional. Great in an emergency situation.
in Questa, NM |
Dr. Short is a gentle person with a great sense of hummer. His knowledge in his field of practice is excellent with a great bedside manor. His method of chiropractic healed my neck problem and my mother's spine problem as well. I return for maintaining the body alignment to Dr. Short more often. I have and will recommend him to my friends and family! Thank you Dr. Short for your excellent work!
Santa Fe, NM |
The depth of Dr. Short's knowledge and expertise is unmatched.
Have you seen Dr. Brian Short, DC?

Visit Dr. Short