Brian Garner, LPC

CounselingMale

Counseling

Brian Garner, LPC is a Counselor in Independence, MO. His office accepts new patients.

Brian Garner, LPC

Kansas City Psychiatric & Psychological Services

4731 S Cochise Dr Ste 206 Independence, MO 64055

Compare Brian Garner, LPC with other Counselors near you

Brian Garner's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Brian Garner

4.2

Mr. Garner has been an absolute savior to my quality of life. We have been visiting weekly for about 3 months now, and I truly look forward to his direction and advice. He speaks normally, and relatable, and truly cares about your input and you has the person. I can honestly say that he doesn't speak to me as a client, but rather as a father figure. Week by week I truly feel the efforts of his direction and my own work come to fruition. If you put in the work, keep an open mind, and speak with him open and honestly, you'll also experience the amazing results i'm experiencing. I would recommend him without hesitation to anyone in distress.
Clinton B. – Oct 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Brian Garner, LPC?
I started feeling bad in 2007. For the next seven years, I spent three weeks in psychiatric hospitals and visited several (can't even remember how many) different counselors. Then in 2014 I met Brian and started feeling better right away. He calls me out when I try to avoid my self-responsibility in working to get well. There's been a few gaps in my visits where I'll feel better, so I go back to Brian to get back on track. He turned me on to the right books and philosophies that I needed at the right time. Right now, today, I'm feeling better than ever. Only bad thing is that the group doesn't have enough administrative help, so it can be hard to make contact with the office, but once I found how to contact Brian directly, that problem went away.
Aug 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Brian Garner, LPC?
Very disappointed with the communications in this office. Was better 15yrs ago. Now I can't even get a return call after many calls and several messages Yes I must say I do not reccommend this office at all... My 2nd experience and not worth it!!
Feb 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Brian Garner, LPC?
I saw Brian off and on for about three years. I found him to be very easy to talk to and helpful with the issues I had going on. He helped me find the inner strength to make necessary changes in my life. One thing I like most about Brian, specifically regarding counseling for marital issues, Brian’s approach is very pro-marriage. A few providers I saw previously seemed to say from the beginning that they didn’t see a way to repair the relationship and the focus should probably be on separation counseling. Brian never voiced that opinion and he worked very hard to try to help us find common ground to save the marriage. Although ultimately divorce was my outcome, the therapy Brian provided really help me “get there” mentally, and his continued support during and after was much appreciated. The only problem I noticed seemed to be reaching the office to schedule. The phones seemed to roll to the answering service at any and all hour during the day. Hopefully that is resolved now
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
JH – Jun 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Brian Garner, LPC?

How was your experience with Brian Garner?