Brian Garner, LPC

CounselingMale

Brian Garner

Kansas City Psychiatric & Psychological Services

4731 S Cochise Dr Ste 206 Independence, MO 64055

Brian Garner, LPC is a Counselor in Independence, MO. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Brian Garner to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Connect live with a provider virtually who can address a variety of symptoms, conditions, and care needs.

Find a Provider

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Check if Brian Garner treats your condition or procedure

Brian Garner accepts

Brian Garner accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Blue Preferred Plus POS
Preferred PPO

Brian Garner's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Brian Garner

4.2

Brian Garner

I started feeling bad in 2007. For the next seven years, I spent three weeks in psychiatric hospitals and visited several (can't even remember how many) different counselors. Then in 2014 I met Brian and started feeling better right away. He calls me out when I try to avoid my self-responsibility in working to get well. There's been a few gaps in my visits where I'll feel better, so I go back to Brian to get back on track. He turned me on to the right books and philosophies that I needed at the right time. Right now, today, I'm feeling better than ever. Only bad thing is that the group doesn't have enough administrative help, so it can be hard to make contact with the office, but once I found how to contact Brian directly, that problem went away.
Aug 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Brian Garner, LPC?
Very disappointed with the communications in this office. Was better 15yrs ago. Now I can't even get a return call after many calls and several messages Yes I must say I do not reccommend this office at all... My 2nd experience and not worth it!!
Feb 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Brian Garner, LPC?
I saw Brian off and on for about three years. I found him to be very easy to talk to and helpful with the issues I had going on. He helped me find the inner strength to make necessary changes in my life. One thing I like most about Brian, specifically regarding counseling for marital issues, Brian’s approach is very pro-marriage. A few providers I saw previously seemed to say from the beginning that they didn’t see a way to repair the relationship and the focus should probably be on separation counseling. Brian never voiced that opinion and he worked very hard to try to help us find common ground to save the marriage. Although ultimately divorce was my outcome, the therapy Brian provided really help me “get there” mentally, and his continued support during and after was much appreciated. The only problem I noticed seemed to be reaching the office to schedule. The phones seemed to roll to the answering service at any and all hour during the day. Hopefully that is resolved now
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
JH – Jun 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Brian Garner, LPC?

How was your experience with Brian Garner?
Provider explaining information to patient

• Counseling

Is Brian Garner, LPC accepting new patients?

Brian Garner, LPC generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Brian Garner's profile to make an appointment.

Does Brian Garner, LPC accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Brian Garner accepts your insurance.

Where is Brian Garner, LPC's office located?

Brian Garner's office is located at 4731 S Cochise Dr Ste 206, Independence, MO 64055. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Brian Garner, LPC offer telehealth services?

Brian Garner has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Brian Garner, LPC?

Kansas City Psychiatric & Psychological Services

Kansas City Psychiatric and Psychological Services LLC4731 S Cochise Dr Ste 206 Independence, MO 64055