Dr. Brian Carr, PHD

Dr. Brian Carr, PHD

Individual Counseling  ·
Dr. Brian Carr, PHD is an individual counselor in Lubbock, TX. He specializes in individual counseling and adult psychology.Read his story

3709 22nd Pl Unit C

Lubbock, TX 79410

• Medicare
  • United Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Carr

Dr. Carr's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Carr "Raised in Lubbock I come from a family of dedicated health care providers. My father was a pediatrician for over 60 years while my brother is an orthopedic surgeon and our sister a critical care nurse. I knew that I wanted to go into the healing arts and found my path in helping others with emotional issues and life struggles. I have a specialized interest in psychological aspects of physical disease but also work with traditional mental health issues. I am strongly committed to my community and was awarded a lifetime community volunteer recognition in 2013. I have served as the chair for the Board of Health for the city of Lubbock as well as having participated on numerous boards and charities. My therapeutic style is quick paced and directive within a partnership with my client. I provide both assessment as well as counseling services."

This content was provided by Dr. Carr "I believe in the importance of each individual with a respect for their right to self-determination and authority over their lives. My role is to serve as a consultant to my clients and offer suggestions rather than mandates over what course of action to take. Rapport between the therapist and client is essential for success, particularly as they are faced with the difficulties of choice in what to do. "

• Individual Counseling
  • Adult Psychology

Dr. Carr does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling

• Texas Tech University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1980
  • Olin E. Teague Va Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Carr has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Carr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Carr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Carr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Carr's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Carr

3.0

Dr. Carr?
Dr. Carr's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Brian Carr, PHD
I have been working with Dr. Carr off and on for more than seven years. As I person who works with psychologists and has also been seen by more than my share over my entire adult life, I can say with confidence that he is the best there is. He has helped me through two bouts of cancer and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Carr, PHD?
Dr. Carr is a trusted professional ,but he is also a friend. We share many things in common like a love of Texas and politics. He represents that heritage that we Texans value-tenacity, energy, and a value of education. But beyond that he is honest with me and challenges me to go beyond my fears...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Carr, PHD?
After getting report back, it felt like he didn't listen at all during session.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Brian Carr, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Carr?