Dr. Bonnie Lucks, PHD

Clinical Psychology ·  Female

Dr. Lucks

Applied DBT Clinicians

2878 Camino Del Rio S Ste 315 San Diego, CA 92108

Dr. Bonnie Lucks, PHD is a clinical psychologist in San Diego, CA. She specializes in clinical psychology, psychology, and more.

Dr. Lucks accepts

Dr. Lucks accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Prime Extra
Prime Select
Prime Standard
Standard
Standard Supplement Insurance (FlightCare)
TriCare for Life

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Lucks treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Lucks' conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Behavior Modification
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Eating Disorders
  • Grief
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • SIR-Spheres®
  • Stress

Dr. Lucks is one of the few Adherent DBT Therapists in the greater San Diego Area, and a Founding Member of the Applied DBT Clinicians team. She holds herself to strict ethical standards and adherence to the treatment model developed by Dr. Marsha Linehan over decades of research and practice.

• Clinical Psychology

2.8

Dr. Lucks?
Dr. Lucks' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Bonnie Lucks, PHD
I would have liked to have seen Dr. Lucks. Unfortunately, her assistant, named Justin, was so aggressive and rude on the telephone when I tried into book an appointment that he made it completely impossible for me to book a session. He asked extremely personal questions in a nastily aggressive way. And he was totally obstructive about verifying my insurance which is perfectly good and which I have used before. The whole experience left me feeling very upset and angry. What a horrible person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bonnie Lucks, PHD?
These people are terrible. Just plain awful. Unprofessional, money hungry, and absolutely terrible at what they do. While the one on one therapy has some value, the providers I dealt with spent more time talking about their stuff than listening. Group is a mess and just poorly run all together. Not to mention they have a policy against service dogs in group therapy. Not only is that messed up, it's illegal.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bonnie Lucks, PHD?
Lucks Psychology is poorly run as to it's billing practices. I have asked the former billing manager who I understood was her husband numerous times to send me a bill. Never happened Then I get a bill in March saying I owe 4133.82 now the bill they sent in July is over 300.00 more without explanation. So now I'm going through all the dates of service. All I can say is wow. There are so many errors it's not funny.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bonnie Lucks, PHD?
Yes, I got a bill months after I stopped going to her. It was for about 2k. Some of the bills are from 2014 I do not get it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bonnie Lucks, PHD?
Dr. Lucks is very condescending and very rude to anyone who questions her tactics! She is a danger to any patient who is unstable in any crisis. No nice words to discribe. Then there is the issue with billing! Someone needs to report this woman!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bonnie Lucks, PHD?
Bonnie Lucks is about the rudest and most unprofessional provider that I've ever encountered. Additionally, her billing office is completely incompetent. They fail to provide routine information to third party payers, and claim they never received checks that were clearly cashed, leaving the client to spend time researching their billing problems. Bonnie is rude and terse in her approach to resolving issues. Don't waste your time with this uncaring and unprofessional woman.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bonnie Lucks, PHD?
During my time in the DBT program at Lucks psychology, I made no progress and even declined. My therapist disn't coordinate at all with my psychiatrist. I would have quit earlier but felt bound to the DBT commitment. I had multiple billing issues, always being reassured that it would be taken care of. Six months after I leave, I get a collections notice of almost $2,000. No communications before this. No itemized list. It feels cold and uncompassionate. I would not recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bonnie Lucks, PHD?
Does not practice what they preach, inclined to promote bad science and heresay, very shady billing practices.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bonnie Lucks, PHD?
She has made such a wonderful impact on my life and I can't imagine how horrible my life would have continued to be without her help. Listen to what she says because she knows what she's talking about.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bonnie Lucks, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lucks?