Betsy Hallerman, LCSW

Betsy Hallerman, LCSW

Psychotherapy  ·
Female
Betsy Hallerman, LCSW is a psychotherapist in New York, NY. She specializes in psychotherapy, social work, and more.Read her story

411 Lafayette St Ste 603

New York, NY 10003

• Medicare

Learn about Betsy Hallerman

Betsy Hallerman's bio

This content was provided by Betsy Hallerman "I became a therapist after a successful 12-year career in international publishing, where I was responsible for marketing English language books to foreign countries. My work took me to Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America, and exposed me to many different cultures and personalities. Over the course of my travels I came to realize that I got much greater fulfillment from getting to know my clients as people than from working with them as customers. At the same time, I became fascinated by the process of psychotherapy and psychoanalysis, and as a patient, I began not only to understand myself better, but, more important, to see myself change and grow. When the opportunity to leave publishing presented itself, it didn't take long for me to enter a graduate program at NYU School of Social Work, after which I received post-graduate certificates in both Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis at the American Institute of Psychoanalysis of the Karen Horney Clinic. Somewhere along the way, I also discovered modern dance. Not having had any serious training as a child, I initially approached dance as a form of exercise, but was almost immediately captivated by the experience of expressing myself in a nonverbal form. My education as a dancer and my deepening involvement in the arts opened up new ways of thinking about communication and process. What a wonderful complement to my role as a "talk therapist"! I cannot imagine being the therapist I am without having had these influences – publishing took me out into (and around) the world; psychoanalysis opened me to my inner world; and dance forever changed my relationship to the world!"

This content was provided by Betsy Hallerman "Good therapy focuses on helping people overcome obstacles to living a productive and fulfilling life -- whether in relationships, work, or creative self-expression. As a psychotherapist in practice for over 25 years, my aim is to create a safe and welcoming environment where patients can learn about themselves, grow, and, most important, change.

I work primarily with adults in individual therapy. I work with people of all backgrounds who struggle with anxiety, depression, creative blocks, personality problems, life-threatening illnesses, and family/relationship issues.

Depending on the treatment needs of the client/patient,  the therapy may be long term or short term. Sessions are 45 minutes long, and patients may come to sessions from one to three times a week."

• Psychotherapy
  • Clinical Social Work
  • Social Work

Betsy Hallerman does not have any board certifications listed.

• Grief Therapy
  • Individual Adult Psychotherapy
  • Psychoanalysis
  • Psychodynamic Therapy
  • Psychoeducation
  • Supportive Counseling

No malpractice history found for New York.

• University At Albany
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1971
  • American Institute For Psychoanalysis
    Other Education | Completed 1994
  • Nyu School Of Social Work
    Other Education | Completed 1985

Betsy Hallerman has no awards or honors listed.

Betsy Hallerman has no media or publications listed.

Betsy Hallerman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Betsy Hallerman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Betsy Hallerman's Reviews