Dr. Betsy Chung, PSY.D

Clinical Psychology ·  Female

Dr. Chung

Dr. Betsy Chung, PSY.D is a clinical psychologist in Newport Beach, CA. She specializes in clinical psychology, psychology, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Chung accepts

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Chung treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Chung's conditions and procedures:

• Adolescent Depression
  • Agitated Depression
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Behavioral Symptoms of Social Anxiety Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Independent Forensic Evaluation
  • Oppositional Defiant Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychodynamic Therapy
  • Psychoeducation
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Severe Anxiety
  • Social Phobia

I help clients develop lifelong skills to manage struggles that were previously thought to be helpless.
Psychotherapy is a collaborative effort between client and myself. Education is a large part of treatment with me, because I believe t...

• Clinical Psychology

Dr. Chung?
Dr. Chung's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Betsy Chung, PSY.D
RecentMost Helpful
Over the course of 4 months, I have been seeing Dr. Chung and it has been life changing. I felt that Dr. Chung is very empathetic and sympathetic. With her guidance, I was able to help myself and I can see the differences from before seeing her to now. Originally I went to her for one reason, but over time she helped me discover new things about myself that I would have not been aware of if not for her. I actually surprised myself because I thought that I would not enjoy going to therapy, but it was something that I looked forward to every week, and Dr. Chung was a big reason for that. I came into therapy hoping to get help for one thing but came out of therapy with much more which I believe will be life-changing for me. I would definitely recommend Dr. Chung to anyone seeking therapy, or even just to talk to. Thank you Dr. Chung!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Betsy Chung, PSY.D?
Betsy is extremely professional, kind and shows genuine care for her patients. She listens to everything you have to say in order to help you, she’s insightful and most importantly patient, and makes you feel like you can trust her and you’re in a safe place. I am very grateful for how much she helped me in the short three months I was her patient. I wouldn’t doubt in recommending her to any of my friends or family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Betsy Chung, PSY.D?
A little bit over a year I was hit with an emotional blow that really knocked me off my feet. I was looking to approach the issue in a neutral manner, I felt in order to deal with the issue at hand I needed to find myself first. I needed someone to reinforce the good things and check the bad things. Dr Betsy exceeded my expectations, she walked me through, supported the good things and corrected me on the bad things, helped with the issue and helped helped me find myself. Sincerely grateful
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Betsy Chung, PSY.D?
After spending years procrastinating on my desire to try psychotherapy, and then evaluating three different local psychologists, going with Dr. Chung was a "no-brainer" / "slam-dunk" decision. She is warm, compassionate, and insightful. I also felt very comfortable meeting in her private office space, which is cozy, inviting, and relaxation-inducing. In a word, she is awesome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Betsy Chung, PSY.D?
I saw Dr. Chung for about two years. It was one of the best experiences and things that I could have done for myself. She listened to me and really gave excellent advice to help me feel better and live a life fulfilled. She never judged me or made me feel weird for feeling the way I did. The problems or feelings that came up during the week didn't seem hopeless because I had the guidance and help of Dr. Chung. I would recommend her expertise to anyone. She is professional and above all, kind.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Betsy Chung, PSY.D?
I was afraid to embark on this journey to recovery after failed attemps with previous therapist. Over the course of 2 years of working with her I realized how much I had overcome. I learned coping skills & overcame the obsticles I faced by doing it in a healthy way. I have her to thank for that, no other therapist was able to work with me the way she did. I highly recommend her, it is so easy to open up to her and feel her devotion to your recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Betsy Chung, PSY.D?
Dr. Chung has a gentle manner and quickly made me feel at ease. She knew when to challenge me and when to support and give me the time I needed. I was able to work through many issues during my visits and know it was greatly due to her skill as a therapist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Betsy Chung, PSY.D?
Dr. Chung is the best therapist ever! I tried a few, but decided to stick with her. She has helped me become a stronger, more assertive person. I have learned how to set boundaries and stick to them and how to make better decisions in general. She is a very good listener who offers a lot of great advice, and is never judgmental. She is young and hip too, and I feel like she just "gets it." I would highly recommend her to anyone who needs some therapy (don't we all?)!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Betsy Chung, PSY.D?

How was your experience with Dr. Chung?