Dr. Bernard Sullivan, PHD

Clinical PsychologyMaleAge 74

Clinical Psychology

Dr. Bernard Sullivan, PHD is a Clinical Psychologist in Overland Park, KS. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Bernard Sullivan, PHD

Bernard J Sullivan Phd LLC

10540 Marty St Ste 155 Overland Park, KS 66212
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

• Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth

Traditional Therapy – done online

Traditional Therapy – done online

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Kansas

Check if Dr. Sullivan treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Sullivan's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavior Modification
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Dr. Sullivan accepts

Dr. Sullivan accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
Medicare

Dr. Sullivan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sullivan

I have often consulted with Bernie Sullivan about our difficult cases because he has excellent clinical skills and an unusually deep understanding of people (human nature). He is so warm, friendly, and unpretentious that I suspect therapy with him is usually fun. He is wise, insightful, and empathetic, and he enjoys helping people discover their strengths and resilience. He has always been honest, helpful, trustworthy, and professional. I am happy to give him my highest recommendation.
Jan 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bernard Sullivan, PHD?
I highly recommend Bernard. I’m a therapist myself, and I’m so glad I found him. His humor, calming presence, and confidence in his clients makes him almost impossible to feel embarrassed around. His advice is based on biological psychology; he’s written an engaging book on the topic. I especially like the visualization meditations, which helped me tackle some things I was avoiding out of fear.
Tanner Edwards – Mar 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bernard Sullivan, PHD?
I've had four or five therapists over the years, and Dr. Sullivan's methodology was the only one that ever worked consistently for me. I've been a bundle of joy with anxiety disorder and former eating disorders, as well as postpartum anxiety and depression. The combination of antidepressants and Dr. Sullivan's visualizations have gotten me through the pandemic without having a very tempting breakdown, even though I only saw him once for a brush-up. And he's funny. Highly recommend.
Mar 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bernard Sullivan, PHD?
If you are searching for someone to help you through a crisis, I would highly recommend Dr. Sullivan. His therapy techniques focus on how to move you forward through your pain and loss in a logical and sensible manner. He is easy to talk to and has a great sense of humor which is always welcome Dr. Sullivan is also a great life coach. After the healing comes the re-builiding of your life. He is there for that purpose also. To make sure that you are moving forward in a positive and constructive way that will benefit you in the long run. His strategies are always straight forward and simple. Sometimes they are not easy to implement but when you do the work they are very effective. I would give him 10 stars if I could.
Jan 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bernard Sullivan, PHD?
I have worked with Dr. Sullivan for over ten years and his thorough understanding of evolutionary psychology gave me the tools I needed to get through some of the toughest times of my life. I have highly recommended his approach to therapy to friends and colleagues for several years. I would also recommend his book, "Confidence Beyond Measure," to anyone looking to improve their professional and interpersonal skills.
KC Music Professional – Jan 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bernard Sullivan, PHD?
I have worked with Dr. Sullivan on and off for about ten years, both for counseling and for executive coaching, and I have found his techniques and insights to be extremely helpful. In part because of my work with Dr. Sullivan, I am living my dream professionally, and I enjoy strong and healthy relationships with my husband and our children. Working with Dr. Sullivan is not what I think of as typical “talk therapy” with the work being confined to a therapist’s couch - instead, he has given me practical tools for use out in the real world. I recommend him frequently, and everyone I’ve sent his way has been very happy with his services.
SueZanne Bishop – Jan 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bernard Sullivan, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sullivan?