Bernard Ivin, LCSW

Cognitive & Behavioral PsychologyMaleAge 56

Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology

Bernard Ivin, LCSW is a Cognitive & Behavioral Psychologist in Mount Arlington, NJ. His office accepts new patients.

Bernard Ivin, LCSW

22 Howard Blvd Ste 101 Mount Arlington, NJ 07856

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Cognitive & Behavioral Psychologists in your area

"CBT has been researched perhaps more than any other psychological therapy.  It is an evidence-based therapy proven highly effective in the treatment of depression, anxiety, substance abuse, and many other me..."

- Bernard Ivin, LCSW

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Traditional Therapy – done online

Traditional Therapy – done online

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Check if Bernard Ivin treats your condition or procedure

Bernard Ivin's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD Comorbidity
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Therapy
  • Substance Abuse

Bernard Ivin accepts

Bernard Ivin accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth
Delta Dental
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
QualCare

Bernard Ivin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Bernard Ivin

Bernie has helped us adjust/cope/communicate and grow in our relationships with our adult children. All I needed was a desire to be open, listen and communicate with Bernie and my perspective on life and my life itself, has transformed. I am happy, confident and at peace and so are my wife and my adult children. I am so grateful for the gift of his kind presence and gentle wisdom.
Francis Farrell – Sep 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
Time and time again, Bernie is always there for me. Never - not once - has he let me down. Shows me compassion and understanding when I am down. Gives me great feedback and insight when I feel lost. Helps me solve problems and find solutions with I feel stuck. Encourages and inspires me when I want to give up or chicken out of doing something that I am afraid but that is good for me. I am so grateful that Bernie is my therapist!
NK – Dec 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
I went to see Bernie after years of struggling with depression. I saw a couple of different therapists before working with him. All I can say is that he is a master at what he does. He made me feel understood and accepted, and he pushed and motivated me to work on improving my life. I use what he taught me nearly every day of my life.
Tom L – Aug 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
When I think of Bernie I smile! He helped me overcome my anxiety and to live my best life. I learned probably around 15 coping strategies from him. I use many of them almost every day. More importantly, he always made me feel understood and cared about. There is nothing that I couldn't talk to him about. He is the best!
KP – Oct 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
Bernie hepled my young adult son through some very dark times. In fact I believe he saved my son's life. Bernie proved himself to be a kind, thoughtful and highly skilled therapist. Most importantly he never seemed frustated or discouraged by my son's slow progress and at times bad attitude. As far as I am concerned Bernie is the best of the best.
SA in Sparta – Mar 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
Bernie is s great therapist. I can always count on him to be there for me when I need him. He has taught me many coping strategies and always gives me great advice.
Tom in Mountian Lakes, NJ – May 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
I saw Bernie for my depression and anxiety. I struggled for years before I saw he. I think he can best be described as a gentle giant. He is tall and very athletic looking, but he is a great listener and always made me feel understood and cared about. Our sessions were always productive. Half the time he let me vent about my week, the other half he taught me (and helped me practice) coping strategies. I highly recommend Bernie. I think it would be tough to find a better therapist!
RR in Mountain Lakes – Mar 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
I am writing this review with mixed emotions.To be honest I did not like Bernie when I took my son to see him several years ago.He told me things I did not want to hear.He said that my son's treatment would be difficult and that it would take time and patience.My son really liked Bernie, but I took him to another therapist.Unfortunately, my son’s problems got much worse.At 30 my son went back to Bernie on his own.In the 2 years they have been working together my son has turned his life around.
Mary in Denville – Mar 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
3 years ago I was looking for a new therapist. I found Bernie online. I liked his website because he gave a lot of information about his treatment. What I experienced with Bernie was very much what he described on his website. He took the time to get to know me, explained what he thought was causing my problems and taught me how to cope. During the time I worked with Bernie I stopped partying, met my girlfriend and found a great job. I don’t think any of that would have happened without him.
Steven in Randolph – Feb 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
I have worked with two other therapists before Bernie. He is by far the best therapist I have ever had. He took the time to get to know me. He always made me feel cared about and understood. He taught me so many great strategies for coping with my depression and anxiety. For the first time in my life I feel in control of my feelings. I really don't know where I would be without him.
Bob in Mountain Lakes – Jan 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
I've worked with Bernie for many years and can confidently say that therapy with Bernie has had an immeasurably positive impact on my life. Bernie has helped me work through anxiety, depression, relationship issues, organizational/motivational issues related to ADHD, and general life/change adjustments, and with his guidance I've learned to apply the techniques of cognitive behavioral therapy and intervention to everyday challenges. I highly recommend working with Bernie and Strength for Change.
Jordan in New York, NY – Aug 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
Bernie has guided me through a time where I didn't think I would be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. His mindful approach has helped me deal with fear of anxiety, panic attacks and depression. His sincere and attentive approach has helped not only myself, but my son and my husband. He continues to help me when the inevitable grip of anxiety shows up. I am truly grateful he is my therapist!
Daria in New Jersey – Jun 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
Bernie is thoughtful and attentive. He has an amazing way of guiding one through challlneging thought processes and self reflection.
Maureen in New Jersey – Feb 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
I can't thank Bernie enough for what he has helped me through. I have tried other Psychologist before but was unable to see improvements in myself. Bernie has a way to see the best in people and gives them the vision to work towards an optimistic future. He has changed my life and I would recommend him to any of my closest friends or relatives in a instant.
Mendham, NJ – Feb 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
Bernie is unarguably a master of his craft. I have been suffering from anxiety for a good portion of my life, and have been to several different therapists over the years. I clicked instantly with him and came to realize that he had the skills to guide me down a path to manage my anxiety more effectively. His caring demeanor combined with his extensive knowledge and passion gave me the strength I needed to confront my anxiety and learn how to cope better. I highly recommend working with him!
L.D. in Parsippany, NJ – Jan 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
Bernard Ivan has been a life saver for the entire family. I have been going to Bernie since sophomore year in High School and he has helped me manage my anxiety, depression and moods. I still go to him now and I am now 24 years old. I used to be shy but people now look at me as extroverted because of the confidence I have gained. Bernie has become a part of our family in a way and without him we would not be as functional. He has been so helpful toward me and my family. Highly recommend.
Ken F in Los Angeles, CA – Sep 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
I have been seen Bernie on and off for a number of years and he has helped me tremendously. He has taught me so much about myself and how to deal with stress, anxiety and depression. He has helped me to change my negative mindset and how to recognize the credible truth in situations that are upsetting to me. In addition to being a great teacher and coach, he has always shown me compassion and understanding. I highly recommend Bernie to anyone who wants to feel better & improve their lives!
Bob G. in Denville, NJ – Jun 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
He is very attentive and listens to me. I see him twice a week. One day he listens to me vent and the second day he offers solutions and helps me build a plan.
Dover, NJ – Jun 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
Bernie really does care about his clients. He demonstrates this by remembering specific details and applying them to sessions. He listens carefully and validates feelings and provides insight to help in the future.
Kevin B in Keasbey, NJ – May 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
When I first starting counseling, I was unknowingly falling into some of the same habits that had hurt so many of my family members. Bernie helped me see the truth clearly and is one of the single greatest influences in me getting my life on the right track. Bernie has been incredibly flexible with my busy schedule and immediately available in times of crisis. I openly suggest going to see him to all of my friends and family because there is simply no one better then Bernie.
Dominic L in Sparta, NJ – May 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?

How was your experience with Bernard Ivin?