Bernard Ivin, LCSW

Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology ·  Male

Bernard Ivin
22 Howard Blvd Ste 101 Mount Arlington, NJ 07856

Bernard Ivin, LCSW is a cognitive & behavioral psychologist in Mount Arlington, NJ. He specializes in cognitive & behavioral psychology, addiction psychology, and more.

Bernard Ivin accepts

10.344827586206897%

Bernard Ivin?
Bernard Ivin's Performance
What People Say About Bernard Ivin, LCSW
Bernie hepled my young adult son through some very dark times. In fact I believe he saved my son's life. Bernie proved himself to be a kind, thoughtful and highly skilled therapist. Most importantly he never seemed frustated or discouraged by my son's slow progress and at times bad attitude. As far as I am concerned Bernie is the best of the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
Bernie is s great therapist. I can always count on him to be there for me when I need him. He has taught me many coping strategies and always gives me great advice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
I have been seeing Bernie on and off for the past 15-years. Bernie has been the only therapist who has been truly able to help me overcome some serious problems in my life. He has gone "above and beyond" in helping me. I truly feel blessed to have found such an amazing therapist and I don't think I would be where I am in life if were not for his help. I highly recommend him if you want a high quality therapist who will truly go out of his way to help you in anyway he can.
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
I saw Bernie for my depression and anxiety. I struggled for years before I saw he. I think he can best be described as a gentle giant. He is tall and very athletic looking, but he is a great listener and always made me feel understood and cared about. Our sessions were always productive. Half the time he let me vent about my week, the other half he taught me (and helped me practice) coping strategies. I highly recommend Bernie. I think it would be tough to find a better therapist!
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
I am writing this review with mixed emotions.To be honest I did not like Bernie when I took my son to see him several years ago.He told me things I did not want to hear.He said that my son's treatment would be difficult and that it would take time and patience.My son really liked Bernie, but I took him to another therapist.Unfortunately, my son’s problems got much worse.At 30 my son went back to Bernie on his own.In the 2 years they have been working together my son has turned his life around.
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
3 years ago I was looking for a new therapist. I found Bernie online. I liked his website because he gave a lot of information about his treatment. What I experienced with Bernie was very much what he described on his website. He took the time to get to know me, explained what he thought was causing my problems and taught me how to cope. During the time I worked with Bernie I stopped partying, met my girlfriend and found a great job. I don’t think any of that would have happened without him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
Bernie Ivin saved my marriage!! He is knowledgeable, caring, and patient. A master therapist for sure. It never felt like he was taking sides. He gave us so much great information and strategies. Helped us talk through very difficult and painful issues. I cannot thank him enough. He is a great man!
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
I have worked with two other therapists before Bernie. He is by far the best therapist I have ever had. He took the time to get to know me. He always made me feel cared about and understood. He taught me so many great strategies for coping with my depression and anxiety. For the first time in my life I feel in control of my feelings. I really don't know where I would be without him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
I've worked with Bernie for many years and can confidently say that therapy with Bernie has had an immeasurably positive impact on my life. Bernie has helped me work through anxiety, depression, relationship issues, organizational/motivational issues related to ADHD, and general life/change adjustments, and with his guidance I've learned to apply the techniques of cognitive behavioral therapy and intervention to everyday challenges. I highly recommend working with Bernie and Strength for Change.
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
Bernie has guided me through a time where I didn't think I would be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. His mindful approach has helped me deal with fear of anxiety, panic attacks and depression. His sincere and attentive approach has helped not only myself, but my son and my husband. He continues to help me when the inevitable grip of anxiety shows up. I am truly grateful he is my therapist!
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
I am 24 years old and have been seeing Bernie on and off since I was 18. He believed in me when no one else did. Even though talking to him never felt like being in therapy, I am amazed by how much he has taught me. I use his CBT strategies all the time and my life is no longer controlled by depression, anxiety and bad habits. I can't say enough about Bernie. He is a very special person and I can't imagine there is a better therapist out there.
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
Bernie is thoughtful and attentive. He has an amazing way of guiding one through challlneging thought processes and self reflection.
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
I can't thank Bernie enough for what he has helped me through. I have tried other Psychologist before but was unable to see improvements in myself. Bernie has a way to see the best in people and gives them the vision to work towards an optimistic future. He has changed my life and I would recommend him to any of my closest friends or relatives in a instant.
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
Bernie is unarguably a master of his craft. I have been suffering from anxiety for a good portion of my life, and have been to several different therapists over the years. I clicked instantly with him and came to realize that he had the skills to guide me down a path to manage my anxiety more effectively. His caring demeanor combined with his extensive knowledge and passion gave me the strength I needed to confront my anxiety and learn how to cope better. I highly recommend working with him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
Bernie helped my son immensely. We went to 3 other therapists before Bernie. He was the only one who did a thorough evaluation. He was also the only one able to connect with my son. Thoughtful, caring and extremely knowledgeable is how I would describe him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
Bernard Ivan has been a life saver for the entire family. I have been going to Bernie since sophomore year in High School and he has helped me manage my anxiety, depression and moods. I still go to him now and I am now 24 years old. I used to be shy but people now look at me as extroverted because of the confidence I have gained. Bernie has become a part of our family in a way and without him we would not be as functional. He has been so helpful toward me and my family. Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
I have been seen Bernie on and off for a number of years and he has helped me tremendously. He has taught me so much about myself and how to deal with stress, anxiety and depression. He has helped me to change my negative mindset and how to recognize the credible truth in situations that are upsetting to me. In addition to being a great teacher and coach, he has always shown me compassion and understanding. I highly recommend Bernie to anyone who wants to feel better & improve their lives!
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
He is very attentive and listens to me. I see him twice a week. One day he listens to me vent and the second day he offers solutions and helps me build a plan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
Bernie really does care about his clients. He demonstrates this by remembering specific details and applying them to sessions. He listens carefully and validates feelings and provides insight to help in the future.
×Post a ResponseAre you Bernard Ivin, LCSW?
When I first starting counseling, I was unknowingly falling into some of the same habits that had hurt so many of my family members. Bernie helped me see the truth clearly and is one of the single greatest influences in me getting my life on the right track. Bernie has been incredibly flexible with my busy schedule and immediately available in times of crisis. I openly suggest going to see him to all of my friends and family because there is simply no one better then Bernie.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Bernard Ivin?