Bedford Combs, LMFT

Marriage & Family TherapyMaleAge 68

Bedford Combs
1004 Cumberland Park Dr Franklin, TN 37069

Bedford Combs, LMFT is a Marriage & Family Therapist in Franklin, TN. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Bedford Combs to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Marriage & Family Therapists in your area

"Psychotherapy, counselling, spiritual direction, mentoring and consulting are all opportunities to access the Heartstream and seek true and ultimate wisdom and Truth.

When we utilize what have co..."

- Bedford Combs, LMFT

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Connect live with a provider virtually who can address a variety of symptoms, conditions, and care needs.

Find a Provider

No malpractice claims found for Tennessee

Check if Bedford Combs treats your condition or procedure

Bedford Combs accepts

Bedford Combs' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Bedford Combs

Bedford Combs

Great, healing experience E.V.E.R.Y. T.I.M.E. Bedford is one of the most gifted therapists I've ever had the blessing of seeing. His experience and ability to help me, my wife and our family exactly where we are at has been life saving and life altering. I'm closing in on my 35th year of recovery from alcoholism, sex addiction, childhood trauma and rage and consider him to be one of the primary reasons I am flourishing today.
Martin James – Dec 18, 2020
grief, marriage and depression
Dec 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Bedford Combs, LMFT?
I have been a client since 1986, when Bedford was the “star” who had trained with Sharon Wegscheider-Cruse and started his own practice. I have attended Journey Weeks ever since, as well as private therapy and couples therapy. After the death of our middle son, Bedford helped our entire family weather the various issues and degrees of grief through which we traveled together. I have worked with a number of therapists over my lifetime and was privileged to work in the Family Program at Cumberland Heights. In my opinion, Bedford has proven to be one of the most gifted and truest healers in the United States and has an international reputation as well. He has helped me move into a solid, 32-year codependent recovery, survive the death of a child, and come through a marital maelstrom, ending in a relationship that my husband and I can hardly believe is true (we are both children of alcoholics and broken marriages)-51 years together this past June. Thank you, Bedford, for your part.
Leigh Pettus – Dec 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Bedford Combs, LMFT?
I would recommend, and I have recommended, Bedford and Melissa to my family and friends. Their style is direct, even challenging, but loving. They will require both parties in a couples situation to dig deeper and reconnect with their love for each other. It’s not easy, but it’s worth the work. Hearts are better guides than egos !
Dec 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Bedford Combs, LMFT?
Bedford is "The Go-To" therapist. He is deeply spiritual, down to earth and very easy to talk to. If not for Bedford, my husband and I would not be together today. I have to give Bedford full credit for helping me and my husband learn how to better understand and communicate with each other. I strongly recommend Bedford Combs!
Debra Reed – Dec 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Bedford Combs, LMFT?
I have been seeing Bedford since 2015 and my life has changed immensely for the better. I've learned so much about growth and love, and continue to do so. He is caring, compassionate and truly listens with his whole heart. You will only benefit from having Bedford guide you on your life journey.
Lynette – Dec 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Bedford Combs, LMFT?
I have been seeing Bedford for over 20 years and would strongly recommend him to anyone seeking spiritual growth and recovery from past trauma.
Dec 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Bedford Combs, LMFT?
Bedford Combs has helped me so much over the years! He continues to be amazing assisting me with my divorce that I did not want...I was able to see with his assistance to allow myself to get on with my life and that I AM good enough to be married to!!!
Ann Johnson – Dec 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Bedford Combs, LMFT?
I have known Bedford since the early 90's and he is one of the most gentle and innovative psychotherapists I know. He understands how abuse and addictions affects ones life and is compassionate and understanding in his treatment approach. He totally gets how one's body is integral to their abuse and encourages his clients to bodywork therapists he knows and trusts to integrate their bodies into their therapy program. His HeartStream Journeys program is one of the best therapy programs in the nation...He and Melissa lead and facilitate a program that helps to heal relational/emotional issues and to encourage ones spiritual potential to the fullest.
Gail Felts, LMT – Sep 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Bedford Combs, LMFT?
Bedford is amazing. He is truly gifted as a therapist and has the unique ability to identify the core of issues that need immediate action. He uses various teaching methods to assist the client to examine their life, create a plan for change and encouragement as they move toward health and wholeness. My husband and I attended individual week long events and then later a marriage retreat. We had issues that I saw no way of reconciliation. That was over 16 years ago and we will celebrate 48 years of marriage this year. More importantly, I feel I learned life lessons that brought me to a place of being a better me.
Aug 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Bedford Combs, LMFT?
First of all, if I could submit a greater amount of stars than five, I would. I have personally attended about every group and individual program Bedford and/or Melissa has offered. I have referred strangers and family members, as well. I would never refer to anyone that I didn’t believe was exceptional, transparent and committed to excellence. I initially started in their marriage therapy group and couples program when I moved to Nashville in 2010. They more than saved our mixed marriage-they helped us help ourselves and each other in a way very, very few know how and/or willing to share. It’s simple, they both walk their talk, at all times. I have personally been in their journey program which elevated my emotional awareness even more. I can’t imagine we’re I/we would have been without their friendship and their in-depth therapeutic care. I also can’t imagine ever being without an emotional coach. Thank you, Bedford! Thank you, Melissa for your relentless pursuit for excellence! KW
Kent W – Jul 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Bedford Combs, LMFT?
Having personally been on a couples journey week and an individual journey week, I know without a shadow of doubt that my life, my marriage, and my family would not be where we are today without this incredible process. Working with Bedford is the most meaningful, SAFE, and important decision I could have ever made and continue to make for my life. My clarity of heart, mind, and body connection has allowed me to break free from the bondage of family trauma and imprints and has set a course and direction for my life I could never have done for myself. This is truly life changing therapy!
Gretchen S. – Jul 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Bedford Combs, LMFT?
Truly, working with Bedford is one of the most important gifts i have ever given myself. Within the context of great care and expertise I felt safely guided to do the work I needed to do. I learned new life skills; effective ways to process grief and newfound ways of working with and seeing issues and life experiences as they are compassionately held within a spiritual framework. Today, as a result, I am beyond grateful to experience more of life's moments within a space of realizing and becoming a more fully integrated and compassionate human being. Pam Abernathy VanDyke MA
Pam Abernathy VanDyke MA – Jun 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Bedford Combs, LMFT?
March 11, 1990, Heartstream Journeys saved my life, my marriage, and brought me to a stage of a lifetime of awakening. The program helped me identify a drinking problem (one I was certain I did not have but did!) and as well as helping me identify what I had been running from most of my life. I have gone back to do more work and each time, it helped me put a finger on what was not visible to me. 30 years later I am still a work in progress. I maintain presence with one of their alumni groups on a quarterly basis because life happens to me... so with the older issues out of the way (more or less) I am able to trust the process that leads me to new levels of understanding what lies beneath the surface. The container they create to do very delicate experiential work is just what I needed because I was very wary of this kind of stuff. Melodie Beatie, in her landmark book "Codependent No More" footnotes Bedford in a quote. For me, this is the real deal.
Bude VanDyke, D. Min – Jun 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Bedford Combs, LMFT?
Bedford is kind, gentle and has clinical techniques to lead you to your truth. A very sound clinician.
Duke Ridolphi – Jun 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Bedford Combs, LMFT?
Bedford is a truly grate therapist. The Heart Stream Journey week saved my life !! Heart Stream Journey week is one of the most beneficial, safe, loving week long personal growth retreats going in the US. Their attention to safety and detail is amazing. Bedford is integral, honest, and one of the most respectful and ethical therapist I have ever met. The accommodations were clan and tailored to the individual, there was a clean sober policy, and an emphasis on no one paring off romantically to provide a clear since of boundaries and safety which I truly appropriated. The work in the week was transforming each time I have gone, and I have gone to many HSJ weeks over the years.
Matt Misuraca – Jun 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Bedford Combs, LMFT?
their retreats seem to be a good excuse for them to get others to pay for their vacation. They do not discourage romances during these retreats and/or don’t pay much attention to whether romance is going on. I would not recommend them.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Feb 06, 2020
Clearly written by someone who has not attended a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Bedford Combs, LMFT?

How was your experience with Bedford Combs?
Provider explaining information to patient