Contact provider for availability

Dr. Barry Ekdom, PHD

Neuropsychology ·  Male

Dr. Ekdom

Dr. Barry Ekdom, PHD is a neuropsychologist in Fairfax, VA. He specializes in neuropsychology and clinical neuropsychology.

Contact provider for availability

Make an appointment

Dr. Ekdom accepts

Dr. Ekdom accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
KeyCare PPO
Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Ekdom treats your condition or procedure

3.0

Dr. Ekdom?
Dr. Ekdom's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Barry Ekdom, PHD
Excellent treatment from office staff and Dr. Ekdom. He works really well with his students as well. It was nice to overhear their interaction. Sounds like he really cares about his patients and staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Ekdom, PHD?
My daughter was having trouble in school. I took her to Dr. Ekdom's office. He spoke with both of us and took down background information. He asked questions and we fill out a questionnaire. He did extensive testing. Afterwards he went over everything with us. He discovered that she had several medical issues effecting her learning. He explained things in a way that my daughter could understand. Gave us the info we needed to address the problems, Best doctor's visit ever, finally some answers.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Ekdom, PHD?
My sister and brother-in- law took their young daughter to Dr. Ekdom for an evaluation. He told them "not to expect too much from her" and to get her ballet lessons and enjoy her while she is young. She is in her late 20s now and won a silver medal at the Special Olympics in Athens for long distance running, is a TV spokesperson for the Special Olympics, represented the disabled at the White House with President Obama, has a job in quality control and is attending community college in the fall.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Ekdom, PHD?
When going over the written report, Dr. Ekdom, rather than explaining the report in the order it was written, was all over the place which confused me. When I asked him to explain which diagnosis correlated with which impression/finding, he was got upset and said he did not know how else to explain it to me. Then in a raised voice, he stated, Why are you looking at me like I have a third eye?!? He was extremely condescending. He also does not communicate in layman's terms.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Barry Ekdom, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ekdom?