Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R

Clinical Social WorkFemale

Barbara Zukowski

Barbara Zukowski, L.C.S.W.-R, Holistic Psychotherapist

6119 56th St Maspeth, NY 11378

Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R is a Clinical Social Worker in Maspeth, NY. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Barbara Zukowski to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Clinical Social Workers in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Connect live with a provider virtually who can address a variety of symptoms, conditions, and care needs.

Find a Provider

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Barbara Zukowski treats your condition or procedure

Barbara Zukowski's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adult Panic Anxiety Syndrome
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Grief
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Panic Disorder With Agorapobia
  • Panic Disorder Without Agorapobia
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Social Phobia
  • Stress

Barbara Zukowski accepts

Barbara Zukowski accepts the following insurance:

Open Access The Greater New York City Area and Upstate New York HMO-Basic
MagnaCare
MagnaCare HMO
MagnaCare PPO
MetroPlus Health Plan
Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP)
Oxford Health Plans

Barbara Zukowski's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Barbara Zukowski

3.508771929824561%

Barbara Zukowski
Barbara has changed my life. I started seeing her in September 2020 after a life-changing event triggered my anxiety and depression. Barbara works very hard for her patients and tailors a treatment plan specific for their needs. Her dedication to her craft is evident and she ascribes to the notion that healing comes within - "know thyself". She is extremely intelligent, compassionate, thought-provoking, dedicated and effective. My treatment plan also includes the use of nutraceuticals, natural supplements that help with sleep, anxiety and depression. Barbara is knowledgeable and thoughtful in recommending these nutraceuticals, and at no point have I felt like she was trying to sell me anything that wasn't in my best interest. She genuinely wants to help and heal. Barbara is the consummate professional, and I would give her the highest recommendation to anyone who is seeking help or considering speaking to a therapist. It was one of the best decisions I've made. Thanks Barbara!
May 21, 2021
I started visiting Ms.Barbara in July 2020, after developing depression and anxiety from switching to a new school and not being able to make friends, and also having an alcoholic parent. After many sessions, I became a lot more open to new friendships and my anxiety and depression was not an issue anymore. Ms.Barbara helped me get through this difficult time and made me have a more positive outlook on life. She is very professional, always prepared for the session and takes her job very seriously. She is a good listener, and I highly recommend her to other people that are going through any problems.
May 19, 2021
Barbara is unique and effective, in that she does what is best for the patient. She puts in a lot of effort in diagnosing her patients properly to assess what needs to be done for each individual. She sees her patients as real human beings and helps each individual based on their needs.
Apr 13, 2021
I started seeing Barbara in November of 2020 after an incident triggered my severe anxiety. Barbara allowed me and helped me to be more open after years of keeping things to myself and coping on my own. She’s amazing, patient, and knew how to make light of a serious situation which would make me laugh
AV – Mar 05, 2021
Barbara is so kind and takes the time to truly get to know her patients. She always ensures that her patients are satisfied. She has helped me get through a very difficult time in my life and provided me with insight that I will utilize even after my treatment with Barbara has ended.
Jan 10, 2021
Went to here for anxiety and depression after sessions and her recommended natural treatments i am anxiety free and no longer depressed she made me understand my self better and helped me how to deal with issues. I highly recommend her very understanding and very intuitive to your needs.
Ep – Dec 19, 2020
Barbara's commitment to her profession and her patients are exemplary. She provided me with individualized therapy based on my specific needs and has helped me make significant improvements in my life. Barbara provides a safe and confidential space to speak and is a very good listener. She is truthful, honest and each week provides me with an action plan. Barbara is truly a life-saver!
jenni – Nov 25, 2020
Barbara is a true healer. She is an avid listener, and takes the time to acurately diagnose and treat her patients. I initially came to Barbara with severe generalized anxiety disorder, and with her help these past 8 months we have successfully decreased my anxiety.. which is no easy task considering we are still in the middle of a pandemic! With Barbara’s help, I learned that I am not only an INFJ, but an HSP (highly sensitive person). Uncovering these personality traits has helped me understand myself more and help me see these traits as gifts, rather than a burden. My outlook on life has grately improved since under her care. Barbarara does NOT sugar coat anything- she tells it like it is and is very direct which I appreciate. She will help develop a plan that will best facilitate your healing. I would absolutely recommend Barbara to anyone who struggles with anxiety. Thank you Barbara!
Nov 05, 2020
I really enjoyed seeing Dr. Barbara for my overwhelm, arousal, general anxiety, communication skills, fear of conflict. I found it difficult to be able to relate to others as an INFJ, and she helped me see my own potential. She is a true empath, very compassionate, kind, trustworthy, attentive, punctual and professional. I feel empowered with tools to help myself manage my emotional control helping me feel more confident in many areas of my life. I have learned to lean into my emotions and not fear them, especially as a man. I learned conflict resolution skills, the art to speak my truth and for it to land in a way others will understand. I became more aware of my stubborn trait and how to manage it for a clearer understanding of others. After a lot of reflection, I realized that the fears and anxiety I had were due to a lack of faith so she encouraged me to develop a regular spiritual practice like meditation and journaling. I am very grateful for and highly recommend Dr. Barbara!
Lucas – Aug 07, 2020
Barbara was extremely helpful, understanding, caring, and compassionate towards me. She listened to my problems and never made me feel bad. She taught me solutions to tackle my problems, and I am much healthier now. She doesn't rely on medicine, as she chooses to focus on natural techniques to better a person. I owe her a lot, and without her, I would not have as easy a life as I do now.
May 20, 2020
I have been seeing,Barbara Zukowski,for 6 months.I had put off therapy for way too many years.It has been a positive experience.I feel like a new person.She has helped me with a different way of thinking and dealing with my anxieties.She makes me feel comfortable and relaxed.She is a very caring, professional and trustworthy therapist.She is always on time for a scheduled appointment.She is available for any questions or concerns.Within 6 months my emotional health has improved greatly.I highly recommend Barbara Zukowski.
Carol--Ridgewood,N.Y. – Dec 17, 2019
I went to see Barbara about 2-3 years ago after many years of experiencing frequent anxiety attacks, sleeplessness and other related symptoms. I was at my wits end, and she saw this the moment we started talking. Barbara made me feel comfortable that we could work together on my issues. Sure enough, as time went on I began to experience less frequent anxiety attacks, and was more at ease with myself. Before going to Barbara, I had the typical impression that people have of therapists, but soon found out that by working with her, I had the tools to help myself get better, and she worked with me on how to develop and use them. It has now been a year and a half since we finished our sessions, and I have to say that I haven't been this happy and anxiety free in a very, very long time; life is good again. I will always be grateful for her caring manner and demonstrated professionalism, and am happy to show my gratitude here to the person who helped me get my life back. Thank you Barbara.
Joe K – Sep 29, 2019
When I first met Barbara My daughter was dealing with a lot emotionally. Our appointment was punctual and she gave us her fullest attention. Right away I saw a change in my daughter since Barbara made her feel comfortable and individualized who she is. After several sessions I noticed a change in my daughter and she was the happy outspoken girl that I knew. I come to find out she was dealing with a bully in her class and that really brought down her self esteem. I want to thank Barbara truly for giving us her expertise and several at home recommendations and her care towards my daughter. I never met such a kind and caring professional!
NIna Diaz in NY – Sep 07, 2019
Barbara Zukowski is a therapist I highly recommend if you want someone who is going to be direct with you. She will not gloss things over. When I walked into her office I was not sure what to expect. It was the very first time I had gone into therapy because of my unstable emotions & an eating disorder I had for about 2 years. She made me more aware of myself, my actions and what they were a pattern of. She gave me more clarity on things that didn't make sense to me before. Barbara is someone who is very trustworthy to talk to about issues and to help regulate them (also if you like animals, she has cats! Wheaty being one of them is very sweet). She has given me so much clarity on many things as well as even opening up a gate for me to discovering my spirituality. She is someone who loves to help people and will naturally do what she can in her power to see her patients grow and improve in rough areas. I love you, thank you for your help. I wish you light, love and positivity! Ase.
Katya Graham – Aug 09, 2019
When I walked into Barbara’s office for the first time I was depressed, anxious about so many things my life, and enslaved by an addiction that I had denied for 6 years. Today I don’t feel like the same person that stumbled in. I find joy in life, I have a healthier relationship with my career, my marriage is flourishing, I am free from addiction, AND am expecting a child any week with a beautiful acceptance of fatherhood. First, we did a full personality assessment and I learned about my personality’s strengths and weaknesses. Through that lens, we worked through my depression, anxiety, self-esteem, ADHD, and addiction. Each of these issues required reworking long standing thought patterns, a huge undertaking. But through love and diligence we did it. Barbara does this, and gives it so much of her time, because she genuinely cares for the little, the wounded, the less fortunate more than anyone I’ve ever met - and she was a catalyst for a remarkable transformation in my life.
Josh – Jun 29, 2019
As a mother of one I was struggling with anxiety and agoraphobia. When I tell you it was a blessing to find Dr. Zukowski I really mean it she helped me understand and over come my fears and made me feel so comfortable and know that I'm not alone in my journey. She's very professional and has a great heart.
Apr 03, 2019
For the short amount of time I have been seeing Barbara I can honestly say she is a great asset in the psychotherapy field. I would recommend her services to anybody looking for help in their every day lifestyle struggles.
B.E. in Glendale, NY – Feb 07, 2019
As a highly sensitive person who suffered with mild GAD while living in an abusive household, it was an incredibly difficult 5 month journey to finally regain full control over my life, but Barbra helped me through it. Barbra has set me free from my anxiety by teaching me how to emotionally regulate myself and stop my vicious cycles of negative thinking. I recommend Barbra's practice to everyone! She’s a genuine and loving soul, that leads her practice with great intelligence and skill.
Anna in Queens, NY – Jan 03, 2019
Barbara is not only an incredibly skilled and intelligent professional, she is also a wonderfully kind person. She's taught me how to regain control of my emotions while going through an incredibly painful and confusing time (personally as well as professionally). She truly listens to her patients and it's very clear that her approach is specifically geared towards each individual. I'm so happy that I came across her practice and would recommend her to anyone.
NY – Nov 27, 2018
I was going through some tough personal issues in my life and was diagnosed with a couple of medical conditions. So when I decided to look for counseling, I decided to choose Dr. Zukowski. She is an excellent listener, and listens to every word you have to say, and puts thoughts into her feedback. She sometimes shared her own experiences if they related my issues. She gave practical advice and presented scenarios in which the advice can be applied. She also recommended resources to assist.
Nov 19, 2018

How was your experience with Barbara Zukowski?

• Clinical Social Work
  • Social Work

1986
Nyu Graduate School Of Social Work
1984
Bs In Psychology Brooklyn College
1984
41 Credit Minor In Vocal Performance From Brooklyn College Conservatory Of Music