Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R

Clinical Social Work •  Female

Barbara Zukowski

Barbara Zukowski, L.C.S.W.-R, Holistic Psychotherapist

6119 56th St Maspeth, NY 11378

Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R is a Clinical Social Worker in Maspeth, NY. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Barbara Zukowski to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Social Workers in your area

See similar Social Workers in Maspeth

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Barbara Zukowski accepts

Barbara Zukowski accepts the following insurance:

Open Access The Greater New York City Area and Upstate New York HMO-Basic
Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Beacon Health Strategies
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO
MagnaCare
MagnaCare HMO
MagnaCare PPO
MetroPlus Health Plan
Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP)
Oxford Health Plans

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adult Panic Anxiety Syndrome
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Grief
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Panic Disorder With Agorapobia
  • Panic Disorder Without Agorapobia
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Social Phobia
  • Stress

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R...

Offer evening visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Barbara Zukowski's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Barbara Zukowski

Barbara Zukowski?
What People Say About Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R
Barbara was extremely helpful, understanding, caring, and compassionate towards me. She listened to my problems and never made me feel bad. She taught me solutions to tackle my problems, and I am much healthier now. She doesn't rely on medicine, as she chooses to focus on natural techniques to better a person. I owe her a lot, and without her, I would not have as easy a life as I do now.
May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
I have been seeing,Barbara Zukowski,for 6 months.I had put off therapy for way too many years.It has been a positive experience.I feel like a new person.She has helped me with a different way of thinking and dealing with my anxieties.She makes me feel comfortable and relaxed.She is a very caring, professional and trustworthy therapist.She is always on time for a scheduled appointment.She is available for any questions or concerns.Within 6 months my emotional health has improved greatly.I highly recommend Barbara Zukowski.
Carol--Ridgewood,N.Y. – Dec 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
I went to see Barbara about 2-3 years ago after many years of experiencing frequent anxiety attacks, sleeplessness and other related symptoms. I was at my wits end, and she saw this the moment we started talking. Barbara made me feel comfortable that we could work together on my issues. Sure enough, as time went on I began to experience less frequent anxiety attacks, and was more at ease with myself. Before going to Barbara, I had the typical impression that people have of therapists, but soon found out that by working with her, I had the tools to help myself get better, and she worked with me on how to develop and use them. It has now been a year and a half since we finished our sessions, and I have to say that I haven't been this happy and anxiety free in a very, very long time; life is good again. I will always be grateful for her caring manner and demonstrated professionalism, and am happy to show my gratitude here to the person who helped me get my life back. Thank you Barbara.
Joe K – Sep 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
When I first met Barbara My daughter was dealing with a lot emotionally. Our appointment was punctual and she gave us her fullest attention. Right away I saw a change in my daughter since Barbara made her feel comfortable and individualized who she is. After several sessions I noticed a change in my daughter and she was the happy outspoken girl that I knew. I come to find out she was dealing with a bully in her class and that really brought down her self esteem. I want to thank Barbara truly for giving us her expertise and several at home recommendations and her care towards my daughter. I never met such a kind and caring professional!
NIna Diaz in NY – Sep 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
Barbara Zukowski is a therapist I highly recommend if you want someone who is going to be direct with you. She will not gloss things over. When I walked into her office I was not sure what to expect. It was the very first time I had gone into therapy because of my unstable emotions & an eating disorder I had for about 2 years. She made me more aware of myself, my actions and what they were a pattern of. She gave me more clarity on things that didn't make sense to me before. Barbara is someone who is very trustworthy to talk to about issues and to help regulate them (also if you like animals, she has cats! Wheaty being one of them is very sweet). She has given me so much clarity on many things as well as even opening up a gate for me to discovering my spirituality. She is someone who loves to help people and will naturally do what she can in her power to see her patients grow and improve in rough areas. I love you, thank you for your help. I wish you light, love and positivity! Ase.
Katya Graham – Aug 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
When I walked into Barbara’s office for the first time I was depressed, anxious about so many things my life, and enslaved by an addiction that I had denied for 6 years. Today I don’t feel like the same person that stumbled in. I find joy in life, I have a healthier relationship with my career, my marriage is flourishing, I am free from addiction, AND am expecting a child any week with a beautiful acceptance of fatherhood. First, we did a full personality assessment and I learned about my personality’s strengths and weaknesses. Through that lens, we worked through my depression, anxiety, self-esteem, ADHD, and addiction. Each of these issues required reworking long standing thought patterns, a huge undertaking. But through love and diligence we did it. Barbara does this, and gives it so much of her time, because she genuinely cares for the little, the wounded, the less fortunate more than anyone I’ve ever met - and she was a catalyst for a remarkable transformation in my life.
Josh – Jun 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
As a mother of one I was struggling with anxiety and agoraphobia. When I tell you it was a blessing to find Dr. Zukowski I really mean it she helped me understand and over come my fears and made me feel so comfortable and know that I'm not alone in my journey. She's very professional and has a great heart.
Apr 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
For the short amount of time I have been seeing Barbara I can honestly say she is a great asset in the psychotherapy field. I would recommend her services to anybody looking for help in their every day lifestyle struggles.
B.E. in Glendale, NY – Feb 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
As a highly sensitive person who suffered with mild GAD while living in an abusive household, it was an incredibly difficult 5 month journey to finally regain full control over my life, but Barbra helped me through it. Barbra has set me free from my anxiety by teaching me how to emotionally regulate myself and stop my vicious cycles of negative thinking. I recommend Barbra's practice to everyone! She’s a genuine and loving soul, that leads her practice with great intelligence and skill.
Anna in Queens, NY – Jan 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
Barbara is not only an incredibly skilled and intelligent professional, she is also a wonderfully kind person. She's taught me how to regain control of my emotions while going through an incredibly painful and confusing time (personally as well as professionally). She truly listens to her patients and it's very clear that her approach is specifically geared towards each individual. I'm so happy that I came across her practice and would recommend her to anyone.
NY – Nov 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
I was going through some tough personal issues in my life and was diagnosed with a couple of medical conditions. So when I decided to look for counseling, I decided to choose Dr. Zukowski. She is an excellent listener, and listens to every word you have to say, and puts thoughts into her feedback. She sometimes shared her own experiences if they related my issues. She gave practical advice and presented scenarios in which the advice can be applied. She also recommended resources to assist.
Nov 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
I brought both of my daughters to Barbara for therapy about a year ago. Barbra is an excellent therapist for children on the spectrum of autism. She knew how to work with my daughter and my daughter loves her. My daughter has Aspergers and has many inhibitions and Barbra helped her become more open to new experiences. The therapy cats she has in her office also helped my daughter feel more comfortable and relaxed. Barbra helped my daughters and I recommended her to everyone.
vnika in MASPETH, NY – Sep 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
I was suffering from anxiety and trying to cope with living situations that were negatively impacting my life. Barbara was able to help me define why I was being so affected. She had the patience to help me build an understanding that keeps me feeling/thinking concretely. Barbara gave me generous amounts of information and went to a greater distance to help me.
E.A. in Queens, NY – Sep 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
I have been working off and on with Barbara for about 10 years now, and there is no one that I would trust more with my mental health. Barbara differs in her approach to therapy because of the holistic outlook that she applies to one's care. She is able to see the interconnectedness between all areas of ones life and how they play off of each other. On top of her keen insight, she goes above and beyond to provide candid advice; rooted in time-tested wisdom and scientific knowledge.
NC, NY – Aug 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
Barbara taught me how to gain control of my emotions. I came to her while going through severe depression, anxiety, and depersonalization. I learned so much about who I am as a person, including my personality type. I learned about why my personality makes me prone to being depressed & what parts of myself/thoughts/behaviors I can work on. She also supported my decision to take nutraceuticals and recommended me a great neuropsychologist. My anxiety is under control and I am so much happier now.
Natalie in Queens – Aug 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
I was experiencing horrible anxiety and panic attacks that was causing damage to my day to day life. I saw Barbara on a weekly basis for nine months, I made a ton of progress and am able to function once again. Barbara has a great amount of experience and I would recommend her to everyone and anyone.
Jeff – Jun 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
I had a very traumatic accident and I was suffering from ptsd and Barbara helped me with all of that. She is smart, caring, listens extremely well, and she has an array of knowledge in dealing with PTSD. After I was better she helped rebuild my confidence and I was able to get out of therapy a better overall person, cured of PTSD and ready to take on any challenges that would come my way.
Peter – Apr 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
Barbara really helped me work through grief, anxiety, being extremely emotionally overwhelmed and some childhood trauma. She is extremely knowledgeable and professional and she was able to help me navigate through a lot of my negative and anxious thoughts and feelings. She is also just one of the most genuine, kind, compassionate and honest humans I have ever met in my life. She is truly committed to her work and clients and I am very thankful to have found her.
Kristin P. in Brooklyn, NY – Feb 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
I am so thankful to Barbara, she has been helping through my anxiety and therapy experience. I still have more to work on but in just a few months I've felt so much better. Thank you Barbara.
Maspeth, New York – Feb 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
A family member recommended Barbara at a time when I was feeling a lot of anxiety and confusion. Her talk sessions were very helpful and she was able to pinpoint my feelings as mild depression.. Based on her expertise regarding nutraceuticals she was able to advise me on the safe and best nutraceuticals to help me.. The products she suggested made the greatest difference in my life and my response to stressors. She was a god send and I truly appreciate her guidance and knowledge.
Victoria in Brooklyn, NY – Dec 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?

How was your experience with Barbara Zukowski?

• Clinical Social Work
  • Social Work

1986
Nyu Graduate School Of Social Work
1984
Bs In Psychology Brooklyn College
1984
41 Credit Minor In Vocal Performance From Brooklyn College Conservatory Of Music

More Information

• Does Barbara Zukowski communicate via email?

Yes, 1 patient said they communicate via email

• Does Barbara Zukowski offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Barbara Zukowski offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Barbara Zukowski offer an online patient portal?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer an online patient portal

• Does Barbara Zukowski have free onsite parking?

No, 1 user indicated that they do not have free onsite parking

• Does Barbara Zukowski offer weekend visits?

No, 1 user indicated that they do not offer weekend visits

• Does Barbara Zukowski offer evening visits?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer evening visits