Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R

Clinical Social Work ·  Female

Barbara Zukowski

Barbara Zukowski, L.C.S.W.-R, Holistic Psychotherapist

6119 56th St Maspeth, NY 11378

Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R is a clinical social worker in Maspeth, NY. She specializes in clinical social work and social work.

Barbara Zukowski accepts

Barbara Zukowski accepts the following insurance:

Open Access The Greater New York City Area and Upstate New York HMO-Basic
MagnaCare
MagnaCare HMO
MagnaCare PPO
MetroPlus Health Plan
Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP)
Oxford Health Plans

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Adult Panic Anxiety Syndrome
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Child Abuse Assessment
  • Childhood Depression
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Individual Adult Psychotherapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Panic Disorder With Agorapobia
  • Panic Disorder Without Agorapobia
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Pediatric Counseling
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues

1986
Nyu Graduate School Of Social Work
Bs In Psychology Brooklyn College
1984
41 Credit Minor In Vocal Performance From Brooklyn College Conservatory Of Music
1986

Barbara Zukowski's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Barbara Zukowski

Barbara Zukowski?
Barbara Zukowski's Performance
What People Say About Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R
When I walked into Barbara’s office for the first time I was depressed, anxious about so many things my life, and enslaved by an addiction that I had denied for 6 years. Today I don’t feel like the same person that stumbled in. I find joy in life, I have a healthier relationship with my career, my marriage is flourishing, I am free from addiction, AND am expecting a child any week with a beautiful acceptance of fatherhood. First, we did a full personality assessment and I learned about my personality’s strengths and weaknesses. Through that lens, we worked through my depression, anxiety, self-esteem, ADHD, and addiction. Each of these issues required reworking long standing thought patterns, a huge undertaking. But through love and diligence we did it. Barbara does this, and gives it so much of her time, because she genuinely cares for the little, the wounded, the less fortunate more than anyone I’ve ever met - and she was a catalyst for a remarkable transformation in my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
As a mother of one I was struggling with anxiety and agoraphobia. When I tell you it was a blessing to find Dr. Zukowski I really mean it she helped me understand and over come my fears and made me feel so comfortable and know that I'm not alone in my journey. She's very professional and has a great heart.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
For the short amount of time I have been seeing Barbara I can honestly say she is a great asset in the psychotherapy field. I would recommend her services to anybody looking for help in their every day lifestyle struggles.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
As a highly sensitive person who suffered with mild GAD while living in an abusive household, it was an incredibly difficult 5 month journey to finally regain full control over my life, but Barbra helped me through it. Barbra has set me free from my anxiety by teaching me how to emotionally regulate myself and stop my vicious cycles of negative thinking. I recommend Barbra's practice to everyone! She’s a genuine and loving soul, that leads her practice with great intelligence and skill.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
Barbara is not only an incredibly skilled and intelligent professional, she is also a wonderfully kind person. She's taught me how to regain control of my emotions while going through an incredibly painful and confusing time (personally as well as professionally). She truly listens to her patients and it's very clear that her approach is specifically geared towards each individual. I'm so happy that I came across her practice and would recommend her to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
I was going through some tough personal issues in my life and was diagnosed with a couple of medical conditions. So when I decided to look for counseling, I decided to choose Dr. Zukowski. She is an excellent listener, and listens to every word you have to say, and puts thoughts into her feedback. She sometimes shared her own experiences if they related my issues. She gave practical advice and presented scenarios in which the advice can be applied. She also recommended resources to assist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
I brought both of my daughters to Barbara for therapy about a year ago. Barbra is an excellent therapist for children on the spectrum of autism. She knew how to work with my daughter and my daughter loves her. My daughter has Aspergers and has many inhibitions and Barbra helped her become more open to new experiences. The therapy cats she has in her office also helped my daughter feel more comfortable and relaxed. Barbra helped my daughters and I recommended her to everyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
I was suffering from anxiety and trying to cope with living situations that were negatively impacting my life. Barbara was able to help me define why I was being so affected. She had the patience to help me build an understanding that keeps me feeling/thinking concretely. Barbara gave me generous amounts of information and went to a greater distance to help me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
I have been working off and on with Barbara for about 10 years now, and there is no one that I would trust more with my mental health. Barbara differs in her approach to therapy because of the holistic outlook that she applies to one's care. She is able to see the interconnectedness between all areas of ones life and how they play off of each other. On top of her keen insight, she goes above and beyond to provide candid advice; rooted in time-tested wisdom and scientific knowledge.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
Barbara taught me how to gain control of my emotions. I came to her while going through severe depression, anxiety, and depersonalization. I learned so much about who I am as a person, including my personality type. I learned about why my personality makes me prone to being depressed & what parts of myself/thoughts/behaviors I can work on. She also supported my decision to take nutraceuticals and recommended me a great neuropsychologist. My anxiety is under control and I am so much happier now.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
I was experiencing horrible anxiety and panic attacks that was causing damage to my day to day life. I saw Barbara on a weekly basis for nine months, I made a ton of progress and am able to function once again. Barbara has a great amount of experience and I would recommend her to everyone and anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
I had a very traumatic accident and I was suffering from ptsd and Barbara helped me with all of that. She is smart, caring, listens extremely well, and she has an array of knowledge in dealing with PTSD. After I was better she helped rebuild my confidence and I was able to get out of therapy a better overall person, cured of PTSD and ready to take on any challenges that would come my way.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
Barbara really helped me work through grief, anxiety, being extremely emotionally overwhelmed and some childhood trauma. She is extremely knowledgeable and professional and she was able to help me navigate through a lot of my negative and anxious thoughts and feelings. She is also just one of the most genuine, kind, compassionate and honest humans I have ever met in my life. She is truly committed to her work and clients and I am very thankful to have found her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
I am so thankful to Barbara, she has been helping through my anxiety and therapy experience. I still have more to work on but in just a few months I've felt so much better. Thank you Barbara.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
I started to see Barbara because I was suffering from General Anxiety Disorder, depression, sleeplessness, panic attacks, you name it. I was at my wits end and ready end it anyway I could. She demonstrated genuine compassion and professional knowledge, and helped me rid myself of these demons . I forgot what being happy was, but I remember now, every day. I highly recommend her to anyone seeking help for themselves; I honestly don’t know what I would have done without her help and guidance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
A family member recommended Barbara at a time when I was feeling a lot of anxiety and confusion. Her talk sessions were very helpful and she was able to pinpoint my feelings as mild depression.. Based on her expertise regarding nutraceuticals she was able to advise me on the safe and best nutraceuticals to help me.. The products she suggested made the greatest difference in my life and my response to stressors. She was a god send and I truly appreciate her guidance and knowledge.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
Barbara has helped me tremendously dealing with coping after losing my husband less than three years ago. Ms. Zukowski was extremely professional and compassionate, helping me identify and address my sad feelings and mild depressive mood. She was very knowledgeable in recommending the appropriate nutraceutical, which helped me feel better. I am now more able to focus and am able to participate in family activities. She has helped me with the grieving process, so I am now able to formulate goals.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
I brought my son to Ms. Zukowski for therapy because of his mild depression and some family problems. After just two sessions, he opened up like never before. My previously shy and quiet son starts conversations now, expresses himself well and is more confident since starting the therapy. Ms. Zukowski is a miracle worker. I appreciate how she extends her care to our entire family, offering family sessions and counseling, which has made a real difference for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
I was going through an insanely hard time dealing with panic disorder that led to depersonalization. I was having panic attacks every day. My first therapist diagnosed me with the completely wrong thing. I wasn't getting any better. Then I found Barbara. She knew right away what I was going through and how to fix it. I've been seeing her for six months and I have come such a long way. I am able to enjoy life again. I feel so good after coming out of a session with her. She is amazing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Zukowski, LCSW-R?
Barbara is a great at what she does cause she genuinely cares for her patients. Seeing her has helped me get pass my depression drastically. I highly recommend anyone to see her she's great at what she does and she's a great person to talk to. Every time I leave I learn something new.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Barbara Zukowski?

Barbara Zukowski, L.C.S.W.-R, Holistic Psychotherapist