Dr. Barbara LoFrisco, PHD

Dr. Barbara LoFrisco, PHD

Counseling  ·
Female
Dr. Barbara LoFrisco, PHD is a counselor in Tampa, FL. She specializes in counseling, marriage & family therapy, and more.Read her story

14499 N Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 164

Tampa, FL 33618

Learn about Dr. LoFrisco

Dr. LoFrisco's bio

This content was provided by Dr. LoFrisco "After twenty years as a software engineer in Corporate America, I decided to change careers and become a mental health counselor. As I type this sentence it seems like it was such a natural, obvious, and easy decision. It wasn't. I spent my twenties ignorantly happy making bank but doing marginally challenging work. I had dreams that never quite materialized of being this high-powered corporate executive with the designer briefcase running to catch the next custom jet to a crucial meeting. I began to suspect something was amiss in my thirties, when I began to question my career choice as well as the meaning of my life. Did I really want to spend the rest of my productive years earning more money for the phone company writing annoying software that people hated but the company insisted was "bettering customer service?" Should I have chosen this career in the first place? At this point, my ultra-supportive lovely husband asked me what I would like to do if I could do whatever I wanted. I surprised both myself and him when I rattled off a detailed career path. CounselorBarb was born."

This content was provided by Dr. LoFrisco "Individuals often possess the tools necessary to address their own problems; they are just unaware of their own abilities."

• Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Sex Therapy

Dr. LoFrisco does not have any board certifications listed.

• Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy

• American Academy Of Clinical Sexologists
    Other Education | Completed 2009
  • University Of South Florida
    Other Education | Completed 2007

Dr. LoFrisco has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. LoFrisco has no media or publications listed.

Dr. LoFrisco does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. LoFrisco and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. LoFrisco's Reviews