Barbara Charles, CNM

Midwifery •  Female

Barbara Charles
2 Skyline Dr Huntington, NY 11743

Barbara Charles, CNM is a midwife in Huntington, NY. She specializes in midwifery.

• Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Easy scheduling Patients said scheduling was easy. See reviews

Barbara Charles accepts

Barbara Charles accepts the following insurance:

Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

3.6

Barbara Charles?
Barbara Charles' Performance
What People Say About Barbara Charles, CNM
Barbara is extremely knowledgeable and experienced. She has a sixth sense for how things are developing and what will happen and she is prepared for everything. I truly believe that if I’d had anyone other than Barbara delivering my baby, my childbirth experience would have culminated in a C-section. The first obstacle I encountered to delivering naturally was my baby’s position, as he was breeched and remained that way for most of the third trimester, until Barbara encouraged us to have him manually turned. Barbara also knew exactly what to do during my long and complicated labor. She was focused, calm, and she believed in me and my baby, which helped me believe in my self when I needed it most. Importantly, the staff at the hospital (who were also amazing) respect her very much. They followed her lead through the difficult delivery to a successful and healthy birth. Barbara has a plan and a set of beliefs on how to maximize the chances of a successful vaginal birth and she deliv
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Charles, CNM?
Barbara is one of the most caring people I've met. She is all about her patients and babies. She has delivered both my children vaginally, in 2016 and 2017. She is honest and straight forward with you. She will work with your insurance to get your covered. I'm so thankful for having her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Charles, CNM?
Barbara is the best midwife! She has helped me achieve not only one VBAC but two VBAC's! In 2013 and 2016. I love her she is very straight forward and keeps you healthy! Im over weight to begin with and I appreciate that! She is very caring and is with you all throughout labor once you get to the hospital! I trust her 100%. I am now pregnant with my fourth and wouldn't go any where else but her! There is no one else like her! So grateful she hasnt retired.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Charles, CNM?
Would not recommend. She was lovely at first but that was just to reel me in. She has serious issues when it comes to weight gain, punctuality and honesty (for example she lied about accepting my insurance and wouldn’t tell me how much using her would cost.) She can also be quite nasty.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Charles, CNM?
WORST BIRTHING EXPERIENCE EVER! RUN THE OTHER WAY! 1. BULLY 2. INCOMPETENT & INACCURATE 3. DISORGANIZED AND DISORIENTED 4. NEGLIGENT AND NEGLECTFUL! 5. CONDESCENDING AND RUDE 6. UNSYMPATHETIC AND STAUNCH Do NOT BIRTH WITH HER! I cried my eyes out. We videotaped the entire experience in the event we needed to sue her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Charles, CNM?
Coming from OB care, I had no idea about many things with birth. Luckily with Barbara, she is very great at providing us with the right information! She taught us so much and I am so happy I found her! She was the first midwife I interviewed and I knew I had to look no further. Very holistic! She does a lot of research, providing you with information and letting you decide what fits best with your needs. She is patient and takes her time and gives you the attention you need. She’s the best!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Charles, CNM?
I delivered with Barbara Charles back in late July, 2017. This was my third baby, second midwife, and fist hospital birth. Barbara Charles is among the most compassionate medical professionals I know. I feel she is highly skilled in what she does and has tremendous experience. She made me feel like family. She is the kind woman who will get things done and does not play games. She fought to protect my wishes within reason. She is also well known and respected among the hospital staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Charles, CNM?
After you wait hours to see her, she spends most of the appt talking at you about something completely unrelated. I would've looked past this once or twice, but all the time?! She also needs office help as she is mainly a one woman show and doesn't mind attending to other business during your appointment, oftentimes misplaces your files and would bad-mouth other people to you. If you do research on your birth and question why she wants to do something, she gets flustered and doesn't like? that.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Charles, CNM?
Delivered with Barbara in 2015, she gets it done! She is all PRO, no second guessing herself. If you want a midwife, she is the ONE!
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Charles, CNM?
She has her own food issues which she takes out on patients. I am not overweight and only gained 15 lbs but that didn't stop her weekly lectures about how fat I was getting. Glucose blood was taken 45 min late making the test useless. She blamed me for not barging in even though she was with a patient and I knocked several times on the door. I was always there for at least 3 hours between waiting and her talking about nuclear power plants.RUN AWAY! I switched @ 30 weeks bc I didn't trust her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Barbara Charles, CNM?

How was your experience with Barbara Charles?

• Midwifery