Dr. Ayo Gooden, PHD

Dr. Ayo Gooden, PHD

Clinical Psychology  |
Dr. Ayo Gooden, PHD is a clinical psychology provider who practices in West Chester, PA. She is 65 years old.

1210 Cheyney Rd

• Independence Blue Cross

Learn about Dr. Gooden

• Clinical Psychology
  • Psychology

Dr. Gooden does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Grief
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Lincoln University, Pennsylvania
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1974
  • University Of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
    Other Education | Completed 1995

Dr. Gooden has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Gooden has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gooden does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gooden and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gooden's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gooden to family and friends
Dr. Gooden's Performance
West Chester, PA |
Dr. Gooden is a wonderful therapist. I felt comfortable sharing my thoughts and concerns with her, and she always listened. Her advice always encouraged and guided me to build stronger relationships. As a white man, I found her Afro-Centric philosophy refreshing in the way she challenged many of my presuppositions. There were a few times that I felt Dr. Gooden spoke to my situation without first gathering all the facts. This is what keeps me from giving her 5 stars.
in Glenn Mills |
Dr. Gooden is an exceptional therapist. She is one of the most genuine people I've met. Her strategies and insight have changed my life. Highly recommend.
Upper Darby, Pa |
I have referred Dr. Gooden to others and will continue to do so. I have known her for about 4 years now. I started seeing her and couples therapy and have continued to see her individually because I appreciate having her to check in with. My relationship with my husband has grown so much and I attribute a lot of that to the tools she has taught me. Her African-centered prospective has helped me learn so much about myself that another therapist my not have considered addressing.
in West Chester, PA |
Dr. Gooden's kindness and compassion come thru the first time you talk with her (even if it is on the phone). She is easy to talk to and makes you feel comfortable right away. She really works with you but in a way that isn't pushy. I couldn't be more pleased!
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Gooden's kindness coupled with her insight is unparalleled. She quickly helps determine issues, prioritized them and offers meaningful coping strategies.
in West Chester, PA |
Dr. Gooden is a wonderful therapist and seeing her has made a significant improvement in my life so far in a just a short period of time. She has an ease about her, compassion and knowledge that makes me feel comfortable and trusting of her advice. I never feel rushed or as if I am on a timer with her. I am so grateful for the healing I feel already from having her in my life and think she is an amazing doctor.
in West Chester, PA |
Dr. Ayo Gooden is a fabulous therapist. Under her care, in only a few visits, Dr. Ayo gets me and has helped me discover things about myself, my experiences and environment that I never realized. She has taught me coping, decision and de-stressing strategies that will last a life-time. If you are looking for a therapist, don't hesitate to set up an appointment w Dr. Ayo asap! You'll be glad you did! I certainly am!
Have you seen Dr. Ayo Gooden, PHD?
Are you Dr. Gooden?