Marriage & Family TherapyFemaleAge 33

Marriage & Family Therapy

Athena Tritaris, LMFT is a Marriage & Family Therapist in Forest Hills, NY. Her office accepts new patients.

11616 Queens Blvd Forest Hills, NY 11375

"Research has shown that one of the most important aspects of successful therapy, is the relationship between the client and the therapist. Whether you are looking for a therapist for yourself, or someone you care ab..."

- Athena Tritaris, LMFT

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Traditional Therapy – done online

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Behavior Modification
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital and Family Psychotherapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Social Anxiety Disorder
  • Social Phobia
  • Stress Management

Athena Tritaris accepts

Athena Tritaris accepts the following insurance:

Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
Oscar Insurance Corporation
Oxford Health Plans

Athena Tritaris' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Athena Tritaris

I can’t say enough about working with Athena . She is one of the first therapists I actually enjoyed working with ! I have experienced so many changes in the little time working with her compared to YEARS of working with other therapists in the past. She is an amazing listener, offers great feedback & tools to keep you going in between sessions. I consistently recommend her to others & they all say similar things about the work they have been doing with her .I don’t know how she does it , but she makes talking about really difficult topics really easy. You won’t regret it !
Valerie M. – Feb 05, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Athena Tritaris, LMFT?
Athena has been so helpful in helping me work through anything I throw at her. She is so patient and tells me how it is even if it’s not what I want to hear. My life has truly changed since working with Athena.
Jun 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Athena Tritaris, LMFT?
Athena is extremely personable and really helps you cultivate the tools you need to create and maintain your own peace and stability. She rides with you during your most tumultuous times. I am extremely fortunate and favored to have found my way to her office and space.
Venus V. – Apr 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Athena Tritaris, LMFT?
I have seen Athena through my divorce and afterwards. She is gentle but direct and she reflects your thought patterns that are holding you back and explains how and why it is hindering you. She only says what you are able to hear and always with compassion. And she makes me laugh! I even brought my family members to her. I recommend her to anyone!
Mar 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Athena Tritaris, LMFT?
I have been seeing Athena for over 4 years now, and from the moment I met her I knew she would change my life. She’s kind, warm, sharp, and funny, all qualities that make her incredibly easy to talk to and trust. She’s helped me through some really tough times and big life changes, and I truly look forward to our sessions.
Mar 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Athena Tritaris, LMFT?
Athena is awesome. She is down to Earth, real and knows what she’s talking about. Always leave her sessions with a smile and something to noodle over until our next session. She’s helped me a lot with working through grief and loss.
MJBK – Mar 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Athena Tritaris, LMFT?
I absolutely love my sessions with Athena. I’ve been seeing her for a few months now - she’s so easy to talk to and really helps me with getting clarity on a lot of personal topics. I would highly suggest Athena to anyone looking for someone down to earth and easy to talk to but also extremely knowledgeable.
Mar 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Athena Tritaris, LMFT?
Athena is the best. I always thought therapy wouldn’t help and that it would be awkward but I was wrong, she’s helped me through the hardest lows in my life and she has such an amazing personality and vibe that it was easy for me to feel comfortable and communicate.
Mar 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Athena Tritaris, LMFT?
Athena was my therapist for about 2 years and when I tell you she is amazing, I really MEAN it. She made me feel comfortable right away and always made changes to our sessions to make sure I was feeling comfortable. She would check in on me throughout the week and ask me how I was doing before and after our sessions. She has taught me so many things about myself and ways to improve my mental health. she is incredible 10/10 would recommend
Giuliana Videla – Mar 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Athena Tritaris, LMFT?
I'm not the type to ever rate an experience or a person with excellent but with Athena it was hard not to. She makes each therapy like visiting a friend. In those crucial times in your life, the key to a successful therapy session is not to feel like you were in one.
Anonymous in Whitestone – Feb 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Athena Tritaris, LMFT?
I feel safe and supported with her. I thought therapy was going to be awkward and uncomfortable but it wasn't.
Jan 27, 2018
She’s amazing!!!
Anna in New York – Jan 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Athena Tritaris, LMFT?
Athena's sensitivity, deep understanding of mental health and family dynamics, and caring nature were a true benefit to me and my family in a time of need. She was a lighthouse in the hurricane, guiding my way.
Dayvin in Queens, NY – Jan 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Athena Tritaris, LMFT?
After going through 3 other therapist i felt Athena was the right one. A perfect blend of a down to earth personality along with an optimistic/enthusiastic one. Athena is willing to guide you through what troubles you in your life by giving you comfort and words of wisdom in ways that make you gain confidence in your self and feel like a brighter future is ahead. Highly recommend seeing her.
Dec 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Athena Tritaris, LMFT?
She’s great at acknowledging her clients strengths, weaknesses, and validating their point of view. Her unbiased approach really gets you thinking and she’s great at counseling through intense anxiety and creating a safe space for you and your partner. She’s personable and relatable and connects easily with her patients. Highly recommended.
Venus in NYC – Dec 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Athena Tritaris, LMFT?
Athena is an amazing therapist. I have been with her for the past 2 years and she has helped me through serious anxieties and depression period. I have changed so much for the better and continue to do so. I am so grateful I got to meet her. I am constantly learning and growing. This is what I am looking for in a therapist. The work I am doing is challenging but it is so incredibly rewarding. She has introduced to new healthy practices such as meditation. Meeting her has been life changing.
Ingrid in Astoria, NY – Dec 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Athena Tritaris, LMFT?
Athena is the best therapist I’ve ever been to. When I first went to her, I was in a dark place. She stayed with me for hours while we worked out several issues. I have been diagnosed with Pure OCD. I’ve always had problems sticking with therapy and Athena is the first therapist that I’ve stuck with. Not only does she help navigate my OCD, but helps me grow and become the best version of myself. I consistently recommend her to my friends and they all feel the same way.
Craig in Brooklyn, NY – Dec 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Athena Tritaris, LMFT?

How was your experience with Athena Tritaris?