Dr. Arthur Smith III, MD

Dr. Arthur Smith III, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Dr. Arthur Smith III, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Alpharetta, GA and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from Univ Of South Fl Coll Of Med in 1989 and specializes in psychiatry.

3400 Old Milton Pkwy Ste C565

Alpharetta, GA 30005

• POMCO Group

Learn about Dr. Smith III

See how frequently Dr. Smith III performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Major Depressive Disorder
Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Smith III's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Smith III "I am one of the few remaining psychiatrists who still does the listening, figure-it-out-kind of psychiatry. I don't rely solely on medications, and believe that people are more complex than just neurotransmitters. To that end, I only see 1-2 patients an hour and give them my full attention to understand what they're going through, and if medications can be helpful, we discuss that, too."

• Psychiatry

• Addiction Psychiatry
  • Geriatric Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Family Counseling
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief Therapy
  • Medication Management
  • Outpatient Psychiatry
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• University Of Florida
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1985
  • Univ Of South Fl Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • St Louis University Health Sciences
  • St John's Mercy Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Smith III has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Smith III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Smith III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Smith III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Smith III to family and friends

Dr. Smith III's Performance

Dr. Smith has been seeing my daughter for almost a year now. We have attempted helping her through many angles and help but Dr. Smith has always s had my daughters best interest in front. . He also has been very respectful to in his communication with me as a father.. very grateful we found Dr....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I took our 19 year old son to see Dr. Smith. He was fine the first 2 times. At next appt. my son got sick and I called (24 hrs in advance) and canceled the appointment. When we rescheduled and came in next was charged $180 for the missed appt. because Dr. Smith didn't believe my son was truly...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

This is tricky because the reviewer here was not the patient. The patient was an adult who suffice it to say gave me a very different story from the mother's report. I inform non-patient callers that I cannot guarantee confidentiality to them and that it's best to be upfront with the patient, to avoid the appearance of secrets. The man likely guessed what his mother called about. Also, if an adult does not want me talking to his mother it would be unethical and inappropriate for me to do so.