Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD

Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD

Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD is a counselor in Carrollton, TX. She specializes in counseling, marriage & family therapy, and more.Read her story

2340 E Trinity Mills Rd Ste 300

Carrollton, TX 75006

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Dr. Schanz treats your condition or procedure

• Depressive Disorders
  • Grief
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Self-Injury Behavior
  • Stress
  • Substance Abuse

Everyone is doing the best they can with what they know NOW. Self acceptance is the first step to healing and growth. Whether you are depressed, anxious, angry or suffering from addictions or bad relationships, the first step is YOUR Self Acceptance....

• Counseling

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Schanz

Dr. Schanz?
Dr. Schanz's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD
I only saw Dr. Schanz once. I approached my visit with optimism as her reviews were very impressive. I’m not sure what happened, perhaps I caught her on an off day, perhaps I was having one, but Dr. Schanz did very little to make me feel comfortable and welcomed in her office. I felt judged and belittled to the point where I came home in tears. My experience with Dr. Shanz almost caused me to give up on therapy. Fortunately, the next therapist I saw was a much better fit, and restored my faith.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD?
I've done individual and group therapy with Anne, and found both to be highly effective in unravelling the complicated knots that I've managed to tie in my mind. She is kind, intelligent, and honest even if it hurts sometimes. I would recommend her 10/10.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD?
It's rare that I find a health provider who is focused on a comprehensive approach to medicine and who hears me out on whats going on. I always come out of a session having seen a different and helpful perspective to my issues. Her class on banishing sabatoging beliefs is helpful and has since allowed me to better approach issues that cause me anxiety. It's definitely worth taking the class. I only have the highest of praise.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD?
Anne is wonderful! I've been seeing her for over a year now and am absolutely relieved I found the courage to visit her. She's a lifesaver and has helped me work through depression, anxiety, past trauma, establishing boundaries, mindfulness, and recognizing things about myself. I'd definitely recommend her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD?
The first time I met Dr. Schanz for my first appointment, I immediately felt comfortable with her. Within such a short time of going to her, she helped me realize A LOT about myself. I actually look forward to my appointments with her because I find them to be very helpful. Recently, I joined her Clarity Key class, and it's been a wonderful experience. From day 1, our group got along well, and we've all grown closer since. It's nice knowing that you are not alone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD?
Dr. Schanz is an incredible family counselor. She is attentive, listens, and adjusts her approach on an individual basis. We have used her for family counseling as well as how to cope with grief related to aging parents life stages. It doesn't matter the topic, she has been a true blessing to our family. I highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD?
My family has been seeing Anne for about 15 years and I've recommended her to many of my friends. She's an incredible person who's been hugely impactful in my personal growth. Highly recommended!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD?
Absolutely Awesome!!! Dr. Schanz truly reached as no other psychologist as ever been able to achieve with me. I have anxiety, PTSD and bi-polar. She introduced me to "tapping " which has been a life saver. Her genuine caring is felt the moment you meet her. I thank God everyday for sending such a healer and Angel in my life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD?
She is wonderful and really cares about her patients. I definetively recommend her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD?
Dr. Schanz has been an incredible help in my journey to recovering from depression. She is intuitive, thoughtful, and genuinely cares about her patients. I can't believe how much it has helped me just to visit and talk through things with her. She is unbelievably talented in her work and teaches techniques that have helped me through anxiety and depression. She is an amazing therapist and I can always count on her to be there.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD?
I've been seeing Dr. Schanz for almost 2 years and I consider her a vital part of my self care! She's helped me learn to cope with health issues, get to the root of some subconscious beliefs that were holding me back, and try new techniques to cope with my anxiety - TFT (thought field therapy). My life has changed dramatically for the better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD?
Dr. Schanz has been an integral part of my healing process over the last 6 years. She has many methods to help. I've utilized most of them. She is very thought provoking and incredibly intuitive. I know for a fact I would not be where I am today with out her. She has truly changed my life for the better. I'm forever grateful to her. I've recommended her many of my close friends and family. They have all benefited from talking with her. If you are struggling at all, I know she can help. :)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD?
I have known Dr. Schanz for about 15 years. I've been a client/patient of hers all of that time. The benefits that I've received from her professional help and treatments and insight have been priceless. Tapping is "a" tool, "one tool" in the tool box. It's not the only tool and it's not the perfect tool for everyone at every point in their lives. But it does work!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD?
I have been a client of Dr. Schanz for roughly 7 years. She is an excellent listener and gives honest sound advice and feedback. She will ask tough and thought provoking questions leaving a lasting impression long after your session ends. She is more than a therapist she's more like a coach. I have referred her to many people. I feel that everyone needs Dr. Schanz in their life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD?
The anxiety relief class is a good balance of common sense, Holistic information, and education. I say common sense because even just remembering to breathe can be challenging when anxiety is high (for me anyway). I was a little anxious about just going to the class but Dr. Schanz has an easy way of making the environment warm and classmates open. There are more techniques than I thought.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD?
As a professional opera singer and teacher, I found Dr Schanz's anxiety relief seminar to be valuable and practical. In addition, It was a pleasure to meet such a superb. teacher. She is kind, focused, supportive and clear in teaching these techniques. My students are benefiting greatly as well. I highly recommend this seminar. it is time and energy well spent!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD?
Dr. Anne is my safe place. She is extremely patient with me and is willing to connect with me in a moment's notice The gift she is to anyone searching for answers, help with depression/anxiety or anything else, is she is always available to connect with you too. She has helped me heal when no other has been able to reach that place needing healing. I have referred her to friends and family and they have become her clients. I will continue to see her as my confidant and always as my safe place
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD?
Dr. Schanz is really great and offers understanding and knowledge from perspectives that I was unable to see until she pointed out a different way of looking at situations. Also, attended two of her group classes and they are excellent classes with far reaching benefits! I highly recommend these classes for anyone and everyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD?
I have seen her as a patient and attended the clarity class. One word! Life Saver! Very Empathetic, very encouraging and will challenge misguided behaviors in a very productive manner. I highly recommend the clarity class. She came in my life at a critical time and cannot thank her enough for what she has done for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD?
I cannot say enough about Dr. Anne Schanz: Her Clarity Key program literally changed my life. It helped me to understand why I kept choosing men that are not good for me! It’s literally as if I’m seeing something for the first time (and I guess I am, since this belief was unconscious!) and for the first time in my life, I feel confident going back out on the dating scene… I can now see the ‘red flags' that I used to ignore and weed people out more easily – before I get too involved with them.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Schanz?

Anne Schanz, PhD, LPC