Counseling  |
Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD
Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD is a counseling provider who practices in Plano, TX. She is 66 years old.

5068 W Plano Pkwy Ste 300

Plano, TX 75093

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Schanz

Everyone is doing the best they can with what they know NOW. Self acceptance is the first step to healing and growth. Whether you are depressed, anxious, angry or suffering from addictions or bad relationships, the first step is YOUR Self Acceptance. I have developed tools to facilitate this healing and growth rapidly and effectively. The Clarity Key is my model of the dynamics of the mind which shows you what hidden beliefs are blocking your success and leading to your self sabotage.

• Counseling
  • Individual Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Relationship Counseling

Dr. Schanz does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Depressive Episode
  • Grief
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues

• University Of Kansas
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1972
  • University Of North Texas
    Other Education | Completed 1992

Dr. Schanz has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Schanz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schanz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schanz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schanz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schanz to family and friends
Dr. Schanz's Performance
Frisco, TX |
My family has been seeing Anne for about 15 years and I've recommended her to many of my friends. She's an incredible person who's been hugely impactful in my personal growth. Highly recommended!
in Plano, TX |
Absolutely Awesome!!! Dr. Schanz truly reached as no other psychologist as ever been able to achieve with me. I have anxiety, PTSD and bi-polar. She introduced me to "tapping " which has been a life saver. Her genuine caring is felt the moment you meet her. I thank God everyday for sending such a healer and Angel in my life!
Dallas, TX |
She is wonderful and really cares about her patients. I definetively recommend her!
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Schanz has been an incredible help in my journey to recovering from depression. She is intuitive, thoughtful, and genuinely cares about her patients. I can't believe how much it has helped me just to visit and talk through things with her. She is unbelievably talented in her work and teaches techniques that have helped me through anxiety and depression. She is an amazing therapist and I can always count on her to be there.
in Plano, TX |
I've been seeing Dr. Schanz for almost 2 years and I consider her a vital part of my self care! She's helped me learn to cope with health issues, get to the root of some subconscious beliefs that were holding me back, and try new techniques to cope with my anxiety - TFT (thought field therapy). My life has changed dramatically for the better.
in Allen, TX |
Dr. Schanz has been an integral part of my healing process over the last 6 years. She has many methods to help. I've utilized most of them. She is very thought provoking and incredibly intuitive. I know for a fact I would not be where I am today with out her. She has truly changed my life for the better. I'm forever grateful to her. I've recommended her many of my close friends and family. They have all benefited from talking with her. If you are struggling at all, I know she can help. :)
in Mesquite, TX |
I have known Dr. Schanz for about 15 years. I've been a client/patient of hers all of that time. The benefits that I've received from her professional help and treatments and insight have been priceless. Tapping is "a" tool, "one tool" in the tool box. It's not the only tool and it's not the perfect tool for everyone at every point in their lives. But it does work!
in Dallas, TX |
I have been a client of Dr. Schanz for roughly 7 years. She is an excellent listener and gives honest sound advice and feedback. She will ask tough and thought provoking questions leaving a lasting impression long after your session ends. She is more than a therapist she's more like a coach. I have referred her to many people. I feel that everyone needs Dr. Schanz in their life!
in Dallas, TX |
The anxiety relief class is a good balance of common sense, Holistic information, and education. I say common sense because even just remembering to breathe can be challenging when anxiety is high (for me anyway). I was a little anxious about just going to the class but Dr. Schanz has an easy way of making the environment warm and classmates open. There are more techniques than I thought.
in Lewisville, TX |
As a professional opera singer and teacher, I found Dr Schanz's anxiety relief seminar to be valuable and practical. In addition, It was a pleasure to meet such a superb. teacher. She is kind, focused, supportive and clear in teaching these techniques. My students are benefiting greatly as well. I highly recommend this seminar. it is time and energy well spent!
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Anne is my safe place. She is extremely patient with me and is willing to connect with me in a moment's notice The gift she is to anyone searching for answers, help with depression/anxiety or anything else, is she is always available to connect with you too. She has helped me heal when no other has been able to reach that place needing healing. I have referred her to friends and family and they have become her clients. I will continue to see her as my confidant and always as my safe place
in Waxahachie, TX |
Dr. Schanz is really great and offers understanding and knowledge from perspectives that I was unable to see until she pointed out a different way of looking at situations. Also, attended two of her group classes and they are excellent classes with far reaching benefits! I highly recommend these classes for anyone and everyone!
Addison |
I have seen her as a patient and attended the clarity class. One word! Life Saver! Very Empathetic, very encouraging and will challenge misguided behaviors in a very productive manner. I highly recommend the clarity class. She came in my life at a critical time and cannot thank her enough for what she has done for me.
in Dallas, TX |
I cannot say enough about Dr. Anne Schanz: Her Clarity Key program literally changed my life. It helped me to understand why I kept choosing men that are not good for me! It’s literally as if I’m seeing something for the first time (and I guess I am, since this belief was unconscious!) and for the first time in my life, I feel confident going back out on the dating scene… I can now see the ‘red flags' that I used to ignore and weed people out more easily – before I get too involved with them.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr Schanz helped me through a difficult time in my life. I cannot thank her enough as to how she has helped me change my perspective in life. She's very easy to talk to and goes out of her way for the benefit of her patient. I've also benefitted from taking the courses she offers. I will always keep her in mind for future reference and I do recommend her.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Schanz is very intuitive, and she has had a very positive impact on my life. She made me feel very comfortable as someone that is new to therapy. Her classes (The Clarity Key and Trustful Surrender) are amazing and enhance therapy. Dr.Schanz is very caring and makes sure that every patient is taken care of. Truly the best doctor you'll find.
in Richardson, TX |
Dr. Schanz cuts right to the chase and displays a real interest in the betterment of her patients; she has really met me where I am. I've seen marked improvement in both my personal and professional relationships but most importantly, my relationship with myself has drastically improved. Dr. Schanz's gentle yet direct approach has most assuredly been an integral part in my baby steps from self-hatred to self-awareness and I look forward to following it through to true self-acceptance.
in Richardson, TX |
I cannot recommend Dr. Schanz highly enough. Over the last 20 years she has successfully seen me & my family (who I recommended her to) through some major issues. I have also attended some of the life changing self-help classes she has created. Her demeanor and professionalism are outstanding. What sets her apart from other excellent doctors is her intuitive ability to key in on deeply rooted issues that become triggers of emotional distress & gently guiding one through to a place of healing.
in Seattle, WA |
I have worked with Anne for almost 13 years and she has been personally responsible for rebuilding my mental health and helping me work through very difficult issues. She is compassionate and knowledgeable with strong ethical boundaries that I appreciated. I recommend her to anyone who is looking to find peace and practical steps to feeling whole.
Carrollton, TX |
I have been seeing Anne for almost a year now. She has helped me find peace in my life even during some very stressful events. I feel very grateful for her counsel. The tools she provides her patients are simple and profound. I would recommend her to my family and friends. SH
in Frisco, TX |
I started with Dr. Anne ~ October 2015 & my life has changed dramatically (for the better!!) since =) I started with individual therapy & then took the 1st Clarity Key class. I then joined a group & also completed the 2nd Clarity Key course. Dr. Anne is the first therapist with whom I actually feel connected. She is an incredible listener & is genuine in her desire to help each & every one of her patients. I have already recommended her to several of my friends & will continue to do so! Thanks!!
in Carrollton, TX |
Dr. Schanz has changed my life! Through her clarity key class and individual sessions she has helped more then I can say. She's professional, honest, punctual, and great at helping you see things from different perspectives. I have recommended her to many of my friends and everyone who has gone to see her still sees her today.
in Plano tx |
Dr Schanz helped me find my way through a break up. She was kind and a great listener. She taught me tools to help with my anxiety. I still see her even though im out of state. I highly recommender
in Dallas, TX |
My time with Dr. Schanz has been a wonderful experience. I'd never seen a therapist before and needed help moving on after a broken relationship as well as managing work stress. I'm happy to say today I'm more emotionally centered and the happiest I've been in a long time and it's because of my therapy sessions with Dr. Schanz. I initially saw her on a private basis, but now attend her group sessions because of my rapid progress. I'm very grateful for her and highly receommend her services.
Viry, V |
Dr Schanz is a very competent therapist and I trust her. Therapy is a very personnal and difficult journee and with the right doctor it is no longer a lonely one.
in Dallas, TX |
Anne is hands down the best therapist. Ever. She has helped me and my husband through some very difficult times over the last 7 years. She is extremely professional but makes you feel so comfortable and knows what she's doing. I also love that she doesn't do the I need to see you twice a week thing so many do. She wants to help you through your stuff and see you again when you need her later. I also highly recommend her classes- totally life changing. She sure has helped us change ours!
in Plano, TX |
I highly recommend Anne to anyone looking for a therapist. She has always been kind and knowledgeable, and there is a lot of flexibility and availability for appointments. I feel very comfortable with her, and she always treats me like a person...not a nameless patient or a number.
in Flower Mound, TX |
Starting therapy was one of the best decisions I've ever made, specifically with Dr. Schanz. She helped me recognize where in my life I needed to focus on making changes and then gave me the tools to get there. She has a calming way about her while still pushing me to understand what got me there in the first place. There is never any feeling of judgement or shame. Not only has she helped me personally, but my daughter and I are in therapy with Dr. Schanz as well. My experiance has been amazing
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Schanz is very helpful and listens well. She has shown me how to view life differently. I am not as hard on myself as I used to be. I am very pleased with how far I have come in only a couple of months of seeing her.
in Plano, TX |
it took a lot for me to get the guts to call someone for help. I was really scared and nervous. Some one i know gave me her name. I answered all her questions but still at the end felt judged and stupid. I was really disappointed. I saw her a few times after and really hoped I misjudged her. I tried to talk with her and get some perspective but felt dismissed and condescended. I am now working with someone who has thankfully made me feel like i am not crazy...I don't recommend Dr. Schanz
Have you seen Dr. Anne Schanz, PHD?
Are you Dr. Schanz?