Anne Buettner, MA

Anne Buettner, MA

Marriage & Family Therapy  ·
Female  ·
Anne Buettner, MA is a marriage & family therapist in Grand Island, NE. She specializes in marriage & family therapy and clinical psychology.Read her story

3008 W Stolley Park Rd Ste 4

Grand Island, NE 68801

• Coventry Health Care of Nebraska
  • Principal Life

Learn about Anne Buettner

Anne Buettner's bio

This content was provided by Anne Buettner "In addition to my write up about my clinical practice, the following are my contributions to my profession as well as to my communities. This represents my world view, that of giving back. I am an approved supervisor of American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. I served on the credentialing board of Nebraska Mental Health Practice Board from 1993 to 2003. I am a trained mediator of Central Mediation Center, Nebraska. I conduct small claims court mediation every Wednesday morning at the Hall County Courts in Grand Island, Nebraska, where I reside with my family. I also practice there. I am the legislative chair of Nebraska Association for Marriage and Family Therapy for many, many years. It is important to empower the providers, thereby empowering the consumers. I have served as president of Nebraska Association for Marriage and Family Therapy three times in three separate decades, 1985-1986; 1998-1999; 2008-2009. I had served on the national Board of American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, 2002-2004. Currently I am the chair of the Board of Directors of Central Mediation Center which serves 35 counties in central Nebraska. I had also been appointed by the Nebraska Supreme Court to be on the Office of Dispute Resolution Advisory Council, 1997-2005. The above is some of my salient nonprofit leadership experience. It is an honor to serve. It is also gratifying to be able to make an impact, regardless of being small or substantial, on the profession of marriage and family therapy, mediation, mental health, and... humanity. Needless to say, despite the above, my priority is my family. I have been married for over 23 years and we have a son who just started university education. From mother to son, I quoted Mary Anne Radmacher: "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" "

This content was provided by Anne Buettner ""All thing are possible until they are proved impossible--and even the impossible may only be so, as of now."  Pearl Buck, 1892-1973

When clients come to me I must first and foremost instill hope of possibilities.

And I must remind myself that no matter how much  expertise I know, or how many techniques I attempt, it does not matter to the clients  unless he or she know that I care.

Without the therapeutic relationship, I cannot even succeed in pure behavioral therapy."

• Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Clinical Psychology

Anne Buettner does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD Testing
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Nebraska.

• Ohio University / Main Campus
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1971
  • Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
    Other Education | Completed 1975

Anne Buettner has no awards or honors listed.

Anne Buettner has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese, Cantonese

Anne Buettner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Anne Buettner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Anne Buettner's Reviews

POOR

GOOD

Anne Buettner Says:
"

As I am signing up for the Healthgrades site, I am excited about the feature of patient survey.  I will actively  participate.   I hope  as you rate my work with you, you will actively critique too.  Let me learn from you so that I can better serve others.  Thank you.

"
Are you Anne Buettner?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Marriage & Family Therapy