Anna Deeds, LPC

Anna Deeds, LPC

Counseling  ·
Female
Anna Deeds, LPC is a counselor in Uniontown, PA. She specializes in counseling, adult psychology, and more.Read her story

140 N Beeson Ave Ste 401

Uniontown, PA 15401

• Beacon Health Strategies
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Anna Deeds

Anna Deeds' bio

This content was provided by Anna Deeds "I am a Licensed Professional Counselor and the owner of Deeds Counseling, LLC. I have more than 10 years experience counseling teens and adults. I chose to be a counselor because I went to counseling before and it helped me tremendously. I mostly counsel individuals but I also have experience with groups, couples and families. I would love to have a group but I haven't found enough people who are interested in group. I specialize in helping people with anxiety and stress. One reason that I chose them is they are more easily treated than most people realize. And I believe they can be treated without medication. Another reason is my personal experience with them. I think it is easier to help someone when you really understand what a person is going through. I had social anxiety for most of my childhood, teens and early adulthood. And I think most people feel stress at different times in their life. The one thing that sets my business apart from other counseling offices is privacy. My office is small and private. You'll never have to sit in a waiting room with 20 other people. If you come to your appointment on time, you won't have to wait at all. And sometimes even if you come early, you won't have to wait. I'm happy to see someone when they come in as long as I'm not with another client. You won't be bounced around from counselor to counselor. And you don't have to worry about me sharing your personal life with other people. I don't have a receptionist and I'm the only counselor in the office. Anxiety Panic Attacks Social Anxiety OCD Self-Esteem Coping Skills Treatments Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) - This therapy will help you identify and change negative thought and behavior patterns. Research shows that changing thoughts and behavior in positive and healthy ways can reduce anxiety and depression symptoms. Hypnotherapy - This therapy will help you reach a relaxed and focused state where your counselor can access your subconscious thoughts and beliefs which affect your behavior. Hypnotherapy is helpful for identifying subconscious motives and planting suggestions for behavior changes. It is often used for breaking habits, weight loss, quitting smoking and addictions. Education/Training Master's degree in Education (Counselor's Education) from Duquesne University Bachelor's degree in Psychology from Marymount University CBT for Depression and Suicide at The Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavior Therapy in Philadelphia, PA Heart-Centered Hypnotherapy at The Wellness Institute in The Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, OH My Master's degree is in Education from Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, PA. Counseling is a part of the Education department at Duquesne. My Bachelor's degree is in Psychology from Marymount University in Arlington, VA. Marymount is a small, Catholic university. I was licensed as a Professional Counselor in 2011. I have been in private practice since 2013. I learned CBT by attending a training at The Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavior Therapy called CBT for Depression and Suicide. I also have a mentor who taught me a lot about CBT. I attended a weeklong intensive training for Heart-Centered Hypnotherapy at The Wellness Institute, which is at The Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, OH. I am working on a certification in hypnotherapy. Location My office is at 140 N Beeson Blvd in Uniontown, PA. It's on the 4th floor of Fayette County Community Action Building C. It's the building with the parking garage underneath. There's also a parking lot just after the building. It's the same building with WIC and Westmoreland Community College. The building and restrooms are handicapped accessible and there is an elevator in the building. When you get off the elevator (or to the top of the steps), there's a door to go through and then my office is the first one on the left. "

This content was provided by Anna Deeds "I believe developing a trusting relationship between client and counselor is essential to the counseling process. Most of my experience is with counseling individuals and groups with addiction, anxiety and depression issues but I also have experience with family, relationship and couples issues. I believe in using a humanistic approach and cognitive behavioral therapy techniques in my pract"

• Counseling
  • Relationship Counseling
  • Substance Abuse Counseling
  • Women's Counseling
  • Women's Health Psychology

Anna Deeds does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Marymount University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1995

Anna Deeds has no awards or honors listed.

Anna Deeds has no media or publications listed.

Anna Deeds does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Anna Deeds and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Anna Deeds' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Anna Deeds

3.0

Anna Deeds?
Anna Deeds' Performance

How was your experience with Anna Deeds?