Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT

Dr. Merget
Telehealth services available

Take Control Physical Therapy Centers

9471 Baymeadows Rd Ste 205 Jacksonville, FL 32256

Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT is a Physical Therapist in Jacksonville, FL and has over 10 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from The University of Scranton- DPT Program medical school in 2011. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Merget to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Physical Therapists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Dr. Merget treats your condition or procedure

• Spinal Instability
  • Therapeutic Massage
  • Trigger Point Therapy

Dr. Merget accepts

Dr. Merget accepts the following insurance:

EmblemHealth
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP) PPO
Oxford Health Plans
Freedom Plan

Dr. Merget's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Merget

Dr. Merget?
  • Explained conditions well (26)
  • Appointment scheduling (25)
  • Listened & answered questions (25)
    I’m 65. I’d hurt my back as a kid. As I've gotten older I began to have problems to the point where I couldn't even walk. Andrew provided (remotely, which I didn't think was possible for a PT session) a thorough assessment of my back problem. He created a structure I was able to follow that completely opened up the problem in a safe way. The movement "prescription" was counter-intuitive, not what I could have figured out on my own. He explained everything so that I would understand and know how to keep moving forward on my own, regaining strength and flexibility and how to maintain the steady improvement. My back not only got better, the emotional climate I was stuck in changed. He was patient and kind, and a generous doctor of PT who provided everything he had to help me regain mobility and strength in my back. Also he helped me regain ‘hope’ I was beginning to lose, addressing an unspoken fear that I was going to become incapacitated. I’m so grateful to Andrew for his work!
    Jan 23, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT?
    Andrew Merget did an excellent job treating my symptoms, I've been pain-free for a month, and have a maintenance plan to address symptoms if they return. Andrew is an attentive communicator, and took my preferred activities into account over the course of treatment. I would happily recommend Andrew Merget to anyone needing treatment from a physical therapist.
    Oct 26, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT?
    Andrew has been my PT for my many injuries; acute and chronic, head to toe (literally). He has also been my mentor as a colleague and Doctor of Physical Therapy. I feel so confident in his ability to assess and diagnose any symptoms that anyone is having. His expertise allows him to be extremely efficient in ruling in / out diagnoses, and being able to triage people that will not respond to Physical Therapy. He won't waste anyone's time. Andrew is truly brilliant at what he does. I am a high level athlete, and he has helped me to heal and understand injuries that I have dealt with for 15 years. I have also been fortunate enough to seek his counsel to co-treat patients that I have not been able to fully understand what is going on. 10/10 would recommend!
    Amy F. – Oct 21, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT?
    This was the best physical therapy experience I have ever had; I have had chronic neck pain after a cervical spine fusion and consequently have seen many physical therapists throughout the years with no real success. I was quite hopeless and thought I was going to have to suffer with that pain lifelong. I am an avid rock climber, mountain biker, etc and it was interfering with my ability to engage in these activities comfortably, not to mention disruption in my ADLS. I heard about Andrew through a friend who spoke very highly of him. I went in with the hopes of act least gaining minimal function without quite as much pain, realistically I wasn't very optimistic with past PT experiences. Not only did I gain significant function but the pain reduced by 75-80%, long-term, in a relatively short period of time, remarkable. The hands-on scientific approach he used was nothing short of miraculous. I recommend him highly to anyone!
    Mandi Christensen – Oct 19, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT?
    Dr. Merget has been a monumental help in improving my low back pain. Before seeing him I had a lot of pain, could not run could not bend, and would be crippled with pain. He has helped improve my condition immensely. He is thorough, knowledgeable and so helpful! He offers Tele-health appointments and can treat you from afar. My husband has never set foot in his office and has had amazing results using tele-health and Dr. Merget's hands off approach. He will teach you how to fix yourself! Do not live in pain! Please do yourself a favor and schedule an appointment with Dr. Merget! He can help you! He can help you from afar if you can't come in to see him! You won't regret it!
    Dr.JRSharber – Oct 14, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT?
    I worked with Dr. Merget for 8 months and only have positive comments. Very accommodating to his patients, flexible. Dr. Merget has excellent communication when it comes to explaining what he is doing and why he is doing. He doesn’t leave the patient confused on why the Dr. is using this method to help the patient. My back problems were worked through and fixed! I strongly recommend Dr. Merget!
    Oct 12, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT?
    Andrew Merget is an excellent Physical Therapist. He is very knowledgeable, enthusiastic, really good at listening, personable, friendly, and excellent at explaining exercises, why we do them and what we are striving to do with the physical therapy. He helped me with several problems that I did not go to him for in the first place, as well as the problem for which I originally consulted him. The method he uses, the McKenzie Method, is top-notch, since you only try one exercise at a time to find the exercises best suited to your particular problem. I was very impressed with the treatment methods Andrew used and the results we achieved using them. I would highly recommend Andrew Merget!
    • Long wait times
    Cheryl Landheim – Oct 02, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT?
    Andrew was fantastic at diagnosing and treating my issue. He had a good "poker face" so he didnt lead me to just give him answers he wanted to hear, which I think is crucial to good diagnosis. The exercises to treat my issue were very succinct and easy to follow through with. He is great at explaining what is wrong and how exercises fix it.
    Jesse – Sep 30, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT?
    Andrew was very receptive to feedback, good at listening to my questions and concerns, and provided useful and informative responses. His treatment suggestions were effective and he was very knowledgeable. Overall, my experience with Andrew was extremely positive.
    Sam Bloom – Aug 24, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT?
    Dr. Merget uses an evidence based approach to treating his patients, and it works! I had back pain for over a decade and had to give up running (one of my major hobbies) and had a lot of trouble bending, tying my shoes, you name it. Andrew helped diagnose the problem and provided evidence based physical therapy to correct the issue and get me moving again. He has helped me get back into running and has made my back pain virtually disappear. I highly recommend him for Physical Therapy!
    Janell Casey – Apr 06, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT?
    I had chronic neck/shoulder pain for years. I had seen a long list of practitioners in hopes of getting some sort of relief. Other therapies provided relief, but they were always temporary. A friend recommended Andrew to me. Admittedly, I was initially skeptical. After all, I had spent thousands of dollars over many years and nothing had really helped. I had finally become resigned to the fact that this was the body I was stuck with - pain and all. My friend continued to encourage me to reach out to Andrew so I finally indulged her. My first appointment was very thorough and Andrew gave me hope that this was NOT something that was chronic. Throughout the short time we met I felt less pain and was able to get back to the active lifestyle that I love. Andrew will teach you movements to decrease your symptoms and movements that you will be able to continue yourself. I can literally treat my own symptoms now! Give Andrew a call. He will help you get your life back too.
    Lisa H. – Mar 27, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT?
    Andrew/this clinic are a God-send. I am training for Special Forces selection and was about to get surgery on my hip for a torn labrum. It would've put me out for 9 months at least. My symptoms were not normal for a torn labrum, but I had been to 2 doctors and 3 different physical therapists and they all were stumped. They assumed it must be my labrum. After a one hour consultation with Andrew Merget, he figured out it was a disk in my back. This was only 5 weeks ago and I am pain free. It is remarkable how simple and effective my treatment has been. The level of professionalism and expertise at this clinic is unparalleled. Andrew has been super helpful and thorough every step of the way. I'd give 6 stars if I could.
    William R – Feb 08, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT?
    I injured my back and had a pinched sciatic nerve. I went to see Andrew after a week of being in excruciating pain. After one visit with Andrew he was able to pinpoint where my pain was stemming from and was able to give me instructions on how it might be relieved. Within that first visit I already began to see some improvement. After three visits I felt almost completely back to normal. He sent me home with only one exercise at a time which made the process very simple and painless. I feel like Andrew is extremely knowledgeable and I would highly recommend anybody needing a diagnosis and treatment for back issues to see him.
    Dec 27, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT?
    I worked with Andrew Merget at grassroots and my experience was great. I went to him with a knee injury due to an impact in a mountain biking spill and some pain from overuse in my knees. He also addressed some lower back pain and a shoulder injury from climbing. Andrew taught me how to address and treat knee pain as well as strengthen my knee. We worked through the knee and back pain in about 7 sessions. Throughout the process he educated me on how to access future pain/injuries and how to treat them. The thing that makes Andrew and Grassroots different is that they do not "fix" you when you go in, they educate you on how to keep your body running smoothly in the future. The value that comes from working with them is gaining the ability and knowledge to self access and self treat future injuries with confidence.
    Peter Hurtgen – Dec 06, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT?
    My lower back pain had become so severe that it was impacting my activities and sleep.  I had given up running years earlier and it was starting to impede my passion -- rock climbing.   I started therapy with Dr. Andrew Merget and he accurately diagnosed my ailment.  He was positive and reassured me that he could help.  Also that I would once again be able to function without pain and increase my range of motion. From the first visit I had relief.  During my therapy sessions he never seemed rushed and would take extra time to make sure I understood how and what he wanted me to work on. Andrew would check up on me even when I was unable to see him.   As I strictly followed Andrew's instructions I have improved dramatically and no longer need his services.  Andrew continues to check in on me in order to assist with my wellness and progression. I highly recommend Dr. Andrew Merget and thank him for his expertise, kindness and commitment to making me well.
    Jed Hill – Oct 28, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT?
    Dr. Merget was very effective at helping me resolve my hip pain! After a day of climbing I had some hip pain when I went to bed (but no pain climbing), and the next day I couldn't walk very well. Turns out the pain was due to a soft bed and sitting too much. Dr. Merget told me that it was a problem with my lower back (even though I had no lower back pain), and I just needed to bend backwards and that instantly fixed the pain. It was super easy to schedule online, I got in within 2 days, and I'm stoked that I can eek out a few more climbing days this season.
    Anja – Oct 09, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT?
    I can't say enough good things about Andrew. Right after my daughter was diagnosed with scoliosis at age 11, he was a life-line. For such an uncertain condition he made us feel empowered and confident with her diagnosis and treatment. We have been doing Scroth Therapy with him for over a year and are seeing great results so far. No changes in her curves despite growing 2 inches, and we've also seen a decrease in rotation. My daughter's favorite thing about him is his smile. He has an easy way about him, explains things well and is very patient with worried momma's who ask the same questions over and over. We are so thankful for the opportunity to work with and learn from him.
    Susie in Augusta, GA – Jun 07, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT?
    Words cannot express the professionalism and wealth of knowledge Andrew Merget shares with his patients. My daughter was diagnosed with scoliosis, and he immediately changed the course of our journey. With his help and recommendations, a world renowned team began to share in the care of my daughter. Andrew took a great deal of time in educating our family in the process of dealing with and overcoming her condition. I will always look to Andrew to help us in the future as decisions are made regarding my daughter’s health. He truly is committed to solving every concern of each of his patients.
    Marshea Holmes – Jun 07, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT?
    Dr Merget is a life saver. After countless doctor appointments, MRI’s and even physical therapy through another provider, my daughter had no answers about or relief from her back pain. Dr Merget spent quality time with her asking questions and evaluating her condition. Two weeks of therapy and she had 80% less pain. He is kind, caring and knowledgeable.
    Erin Garvin – Jun 06, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT?
    I had ACL surgery and I found Georgialia physical therapy in Augusta Ga . Andrew is a real gentleman and professional in his job. I went there for a month and each day passed I got better and better because of him and his assistants specially gemal who is professional too.Andrew knows his job very well and gave me more advices for future which means he really cares about patients and I’m really happy to attended to that facility and worked with Dr Andrew. I just want to say thank you.
    Mohammad in Augusta – Jan 15, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrew Merget, DPT?

How was your experience with Dr. Merget?

Outpatient Orthopedic Physical Therapist/ Certified Spine Specialist whose focus is on emphasizing education to patient's on their diagnosis,  to...Read more

Andrew Merget, DPT, SST, Dip. MDT earned his Doctorate of Physical Therapy in 2011 from the University of Scranton and has worked in orthopedics with a...Read more

• Physical Therapy
    • Orthopedic Physical Therapy

2019
    University Of Otago/McKenzie Institute International Diploma In Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy
    2013
    Schroth Scoliosis Certification
    2011
    The University of Scranton- DPT Program
    2008
    University Of Scranton B.S.