Dr. Andrew D'Amico, PHD

Dr. Andrew D'Amico, PHD

Behavioral Therapy  |
Andrew J. D'Amico is a graduate of Swarthmore and Bryn Mawr Colleges, receiving his doctoral degree in 1986. He completed his internship at the Glen Mills Schools, a setting for adjudicated delinquents where he completed his dissertation in the field of learning and motivation. He completed his supervised training at the Presbyterian Children's Village under two reputable family therapists and went on to be mentored by one of the country's leading behavioral experts in the treatment of obsessive compulsive disorder. This also entailed specialized training in the treatment of anxiety and depression. Dr. D'Amico founded and facilitated a community-based support group for teens with personal concerns, a program that ran for thirteen years. Dr. D'Amico is also intensively trained in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, an evidenced based behavioral protocol used to treat a number of behavioral issues. Involved in many professional organizations, he is a Past President of the Philadelphia Society of Clinical Psychologists, co-founder of Delaware Valley Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Learners, and current President of the Pennsylvania Chapter of Association for Contextual Behavioral Science. Widely known for his expertise in childhood/adolescent and family issues, he has lectured extensively and given numerous training workshops in various behavioral related topics. Andrew is ranked as one of the top psychologists in the greater Philadelphia area by Open Care, is a Fellow of PSCP and PPA, and has been recognized by PSCP via service awards for his dedication to the field of psychology. Dr. D'Amico is an avid runner and is part of the ACT Running Team, a world wide club that runs to support funding for psychology research in developing nations.

1030 E Lancaster Ave Ste L10

Bryn Mawr, PA 19010

Learn about Dr. D'Amico

This content was provided by Dr. D'Amico "Hello and welcome to my psychological practice. I have thirty-fours years experience in the field of behavioral therapy treating children, adolescents, adults, and families. I am intensively trained in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, an evidence-based contemporary cognitive behavioral protocol used to treat anxiety, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, behavioral problems, and family concerns.  I specialize in treating adolescents and offer a free community based teen support group for adolescents with personal concerns. This is the 13th year of the group.  I work with many families having been trained in systems theory.  My approach is caring and compassionate and results oriented."

• Behavioral Therapy
  • Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology
  • Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology
  • Individual Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy

Dr. D'Amico does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Childhood Depression
  • Depressive Episode
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • School Refusal

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Pediatric Counseling
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Swarthmore College 1978
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1978
    Medical School | Graduated
  • The Glen Mills Schools
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Bryn Mawr College Department of Human Development
    Other Education | Completed 1986

Dr. D'Amico has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. D'Amico has no media or publications listed.

Dr. D'Amico does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. D'Amico and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. D'Amico's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. D'Amico to family and friends
Dr. D'Amico's Performance
in Devon, PA |
Dr. Andy (as he's known in our household) is outstanding. Our son has been talking with him for the last year and a half and Dr. Andy's methods in helping him cope with anxiety and stress have made a huge difference in his life. Our son looks forward to his meetings and always reports positively afterwards that they were "very calming". We recommend Dr. Andy wholeheartedly and are enormously grateful for his help.
Philadelphia, PA |
I have always recommended Dr. D'Amico to people who have challenges Best therapist I've ever had. Everyone was very satisfied with his help. Smart, compassionate, skilled, articulate and tells it like it is.
Waltham, MA |
I highly recommend Dr. D'Amico. Dr. D'Amico has helped us work through some challenges with our teenager. While he is very caring about his patients he has a fantastic way of working with kids to address behavioral issues.
in Ambler, PA |
I have been seeing Dr. D'Amico for over 6 years. His work with me has been life changing. The mindfulness exercises he taught me to do are wonderful. My mind is clear and no longer races. Life has become very positive.
Dr. D’Amico is a great listener and is very insightful. We have been in family counseling for a year now, and working with Dr. D’Amico has helped our family to communicate better. Our daughter is convinced that Dr. D’Amico can read minds!! He is very observant and holds each of us accountable. To see how far we have come in the last year is truly remarkable!!
Havertown, PA |
I have been seeing Dr D'Amico for years and he has always had my best interest in mind.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr D'Amico has been a tremendous help to our family We expect to continue seeing him for the foreseeable future.
in Wayne, PA |
Dr. D'Amico has served our family as a guiding light.Trusting him professionally and as a human being with my family's best interest at heart was a big step for myself and my family members. We recognize working through the process he offers through Acceptance and Commitment Therapy to be authentic, true and IT Works! We are always learning and are able to practice this therapy in our daily living.
in Elverson, PA |
Dr. D'Amico has guided me toward a happier and more fulfilling life. His ACT approach has helped me to find peace in my life as it is.
in Media, PA |
My experience with Dr. D'Amico has been exceptional. My children and I experienced traumatic loss fifteen years ago.Dr. D'Amico has given us insight, tools and techniques for overcoming this challenge and live empowered lives! My children, now adults are happy and healthy. We are all grateful for all the outstanding care he has provided for us!
in Waverly, PA |
Dr D'Amico is without question the most thorough, caring, and respectful healthcare professional I've known. Relative to psychology, his diagnosis(which is the cornerstone of medicine) is always accurate and his treatment methodology is extremely effective. He has made a major difference in my life and I'm able to do things now that I could never do prior to seeing him. Quite frankly, I don't know what I would do without him. He's been a Godsend.
Have you seen Dr. Andrew D'Amico, PHD?
Are you Dr. D'Amico?