Dr. Andrea Bernard, PHD

PsychotherapyFemaleAge 62

Psychotherapy

Dr. Andrea Bernard, PHD is a Psychotherapist in Carlsbad, CA and has over 32 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from California School Of Professional Psychology, San Diego, Ca medical school in 1990. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Andrea Bernard, PHD

Andrea Bernard, Ph.D., Licensed Psychologist

2011 Palomar Airport Rd Ste 205 Carlsbad, CA 92011
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychotherapists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Bernard treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Bernard accepts

Dr. Bernard accepts the following insurance:

Choice PPO
Blue Care Connection PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Dr. Bernard's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bernard

4.3

Dr. Bernard

I've had a couple of bad therapists throughout the years but Dr. Bernard is the worst. She's difficult to speak to, she's not very knowledgeable and has very little insight. I would be angry and frustrated during and after our sessions because that's how bad she is. She was late to every single session, never even acknowledged her tardiness, and forget about her apologizing for it. She never said how long the sessions were. I asked her after a couple of sessions and realized she would end early every time. She charges more than most other therapists, which is strange because she's not very good. I tried for two months but finally accepted she's just terrible and I'm better off not going to therapy rather than seeing her. I found another therapist who doesn't suck.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrea Bernard, PHD?
I have been working with Andrea for a few months. I was in pretty bad shape when I started. She is very approachable, personable and open. She worked with me to uncover the root of my lack of self esteem. She showed me different ways to approach my view on life. She has a soft touch but is not a pushover. Exactly what I was looking for in a therapist. I will continue with her for many months/years to come. She works with my insurance as well. Well worth it!
Jennifer E. – Jun 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrea Bernard, PHD?
Dr. Bernard was able to accommodate me, was flexible, and personable. She is very knowledgeable.
Lauren – Dec 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrea Bernard, PHD?
Dr. Bernard took some time to get used to. She was knowledgeable but not approachable. She made suggestions and then I would do them and she would say she never made that suggestion... She also did not help me understand my insurance policy very well and I would end up with a $700 bill that she would expect immediately. When I asked for a sliding scale after, she offered to charge me 100 instead of 120. I felt like therapy was a sale and there was never formal treatment w no formal termination
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Oceanside, CA – Aug 05, 2017
I think this patient is confusing me with another...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Andrea Bernard, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bernard?