Amy Calmann, LCSW

PsychotherapyFemale

34 W 22nd St Ste 2a New York, NY 10010

Amy Calmann, LCSW is a Psychotherapist in New York, NY. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Amy Calmann to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychotherapists in your area

"It is my perspective that we all have the ability to heal from our pain. I am committed to fostering hope and reducing suffering. It is my nature to be honest and nonjudgmental, which helps bu..."

- Amy Calmann, LCSW

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Connect live with a provider virtually who can address a variety of symptoms, conditions, and care needs.

Find a Provider

• Individual Therapy
  • Marital and Family Psychotherapy
  • Panic Attack
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Social Phobia

Amy Calmann accepts

Amy Calmann accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth
Personal Choice PPO

Amy Calmann's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Amy Calmann

Amy Calmann

Amy is a wonderful and very nice person. Unfortunately, my time with her just did not work out. A lot of our sessions was spent on me talking which I found exhausting to do after some time. It felt more like I was venting than us actually going through any deep details of how certain events affected me. I made no breakthroughs and as much as I tried to persist with our sessions I found myself regressing backwards b/c I was getting frustrated with what appeared to be going round in circles. Amy is nice and very non-judgemental as well as a good listener but that simply does not make up for the fact that I was not getting or feeling helped. I finally decided to listen to my gut and intuition and end the sessions. The traditional 80-20% listening technique simply doesn't work for me or apply to me. All in all, I wish I had listened to my gut sooner. Amy is fine if you prefer a traditional therapist who wants you to do all the talking. Unfortunately this just wasn't for me.
  • Long wait times
Oct 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Amy Calmann, LCSW?
I live alone and Covid was the worst thing to happen to me and my depression. Amy is my therapist of 7 years. I am still here because of this woman. She’s saved me over and over over again. #grateful #thankyou #mentalhealth
Rebecca – Jul 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Amy Calmann, LCSW?
Dr. Calmann’s therapy positively changed my life. I highly recommend, especially if dealing with depression or some anxieties.. (and I have both.). Visited a lot of doctors for therapy and not one helped me like she has. Not your run-of-the-mill therapist, she’s a special person. Our work has proved invaluable to me.
Jessica – Dec 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Amy Calmann, LCSW?
Amy Calmann's worked hard to support me for 4 or possibly 5 years. And Amy's changed my life for the better. Amy's SUPER caring. She's gotten me out of a bad severe depression that was eating me alive everyday.
K.S in New York, NY – Jun 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Amy Calmann, LCSW?
Amy is non-judgmental and made me feel comfortable from the first session. It's the first therapist I saw for more than a few appointments, and now is going on upward of two years. I would and I have recommended her to anyone having a really hard time like I had been.
Dan S in NJ – Oct 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Amy Calmann, LCSW?
I needed help after my miscarriage and then separation, and then a divorce. Lowest two years of my life and I was empty. My closest friend’s therapist recommended Amy C; I wasn’t expecting to find a therapist who cares as much as she does. She’s not in it this for money or notoriety. She's respectful and warm, and also she's a great listener.
West Village, NY – Jun 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Amy Calmann, LCSW?
Amy is intelligent, empathetic and a thoughtful psychologist. Over three years of working together, and after 15 years of seeing other therapists, she is the best. I am more hopeful about my future and am able to laugh again. If you're struggling and want someone who genuinely cares, I recommend her highly.
BGG in Brooklyn NY – Feb 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Amy Calmann, LCSW?
I'm in the mental health profession and dont run into a lot of good therapists in our field. Which is troubling. This is my first review of one. Amy deserves a great review, so I signed up to do that. This therapy has really helped me. I don't feel judged and that is a number one requirement. People should get the benefit of her as their tterapist, and so I wanted to share her.
John in New York, NY – Sep 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Amy Calmann, LCSW?

How was your experience with Amy Calmann?

It is my perspective that we all have the ability to heal from our pain. I am committed to fostering hope and reducing suffering. It is...Read more

• Psychotherapy