Amie Piekarz, LICSW

Amie Piekarz, LICSW

Clinical Social Work  ·
Female  ·
Amie Piekarz, LICSW is a clinical social worker in Boston, MA. She specializes in clinical social work, social work, and more.Read her story

320 Summer St

Boston, MA 02210

• Self Pay

Learn about Amie Piekarz

Amie Piekarz's bio

This content was provided by Amie Piekarz "I attended graduate school in Boston where I specialized in trauma and interpersonal violence. I have several years of clinical experience working with both adults and adolescents. I enjoy working with clients on issues related to healthy relationships, self-esteem, coping with life changes and transitions, managing anxiety, and reducing stress. Additionally, I am a certified domestic violence/sexual assault counselor. Given that I lived abroad for 2 years in Budapest, I understand the unique challenges faced by expats and welcome international clients as well! I have successfully treated people from all over the world and am flexible with appointment times. One of the reasons why I love online therapy is because we can be on different continents or in different time zones and still connect. Some of the most meaningful therapeutic relationships I've formed have been with clients I never met in person! Every study has shown that online therapy through phone/video is just as effective as face to face therapy. I honestly believe that in some cases, such as with anxiety or PTSD, it can be even more effective since the client may be limited in their ability to make it to appointments outside the home. Other things I enjoy include teaching masters-level clinical social work courses, being a social work supervisor for newer clinicians, and facilitating support/educational groups for clients."

This content was provided by Amie Piekarz "My approach to therapy is warm, nurturing, and nonjudgmental. I believe that a trusting relationship between client and therapist is at the heart of successful counseling. I practice from a strengths-based, empowerment perspective and truly believe that you have everything in you necessary to live a satisfying life, but that sometimes those things are just hard to access and that's where I come in! I enjoy helping clients discover coping strategies and tools that make sense for their unique situations and needs as everyone differs in what works for them.

Together, we can define goals for our work to get you where you'd like to be while creating positive, lasting changes in your life. Also, I really think that a bit of humor is absolutely necessary to deal with this crazy and sometimes overwhelming thing called "life"… I'm looking forward to meeting you!"

• Clinical Social Work
  • Individual Counseling
  • Psychotherapy
  • Social Work

Amie Piekarz does not have any board certifications listed.

• Disorders Related to Physical and Sexual Abuse
  • Panic Attack
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Sexual Abuse of Adolescent
  • Stress

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Individual Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• California State University, Long Beach
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2004
  • Brigham & Women Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2012

Amie Piekarz has no awards or honors listed.

Amie Piekarz has no media or publications listed.

Amie Piekarz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Amie Piekarz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Amie Piekarz's Reviews

Be the first to leave a review

Amie Piekarz?

How was your experience with Amie Piekarz?