Amber Pillsbury, LCSW

Amber Pillsbury, LCSW

Social Work  ·
Female  ·
Amber Pillsbury, LCSW is a social worker in Clifton, TX. She specializes in social work, counseling, and more.Read her story

201 Posey Ave

Clifton, TX 76634

• Medicare

Learn about Amber Pillsbury

Amber Pillsbury's bio

This content was provided by Amber Pillsbury "I grew up in a small town in the Panhandle of Texas called Quitaque, population 432. Growing up in a small town, you either fit in or you don't. I wasn't popular. I didn't fit in. I spent a good deal of time comparing myself to others while often feeling out of place. I struggled because school wasn't easy for me. Tests of all sorts were incredibly difficult. I knew the content, but couldn't prove it when it came time to taking the exam. Eventually, I was diagnosed with test anxiety. I sought help in the form of counseling, which paved the way for test accomdations. Shortly after graduating from HSU, I was in a horrific car accident where a dump truck ran over my car, injured my passenger and of course, totaled my car. It was awful. For years following this incident, I struggled with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). It's normal to not have everything together… I'm not perfect. I've had my own share of setbacks and struggles. We all have. It's not the struggle that defines us, but it's how we endure, cope and overcome the difficult seasons in our lives. I work with families, children and adults who have been through hell and back. During my time at Mental Health Mental Retardation (MHMR), I developed a deep compassion for mental illness and the suffering it brings to individuals and their families. If you're still here, it means that there's a part of you that is hopeful. I work well with clients who believe that change is possible. However, healthy change takes time."

This content was provided by Amber Pillsbury "Too often people believe that therapy is scary or just for crazy folks.  Truth be told, everyone could benefit from a good therapy session every now and then.  For me, I try to be a clam presence and listen until I fully understand where you come from.  Once a have a good grasp of the root problem, I use a variety of creative methods to best connect with you.  For example, I love to play games, ask questions, and tell stories.  I have no predefined agenda.  You, my client, will guide our therapeutic sessions.  "

• Social Work
  • Pastoral Counseling
  • Physician Office Based Medical Coding
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Relationship Counseling

Amber Pillsbury does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Family Counseling

• Baylor University
    Other Education | Completed 2008
  • George W Truett Theological Seminary
    Other Education | Completed 2010

Amber Pillsbury has no awards or honors listed.

Amber Pillsbury has no media or publications listed.

Amber Pillsbury does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Amber Pillsbury and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Amber Pillsbury's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Amber Pillsbury to family and friends
1 review
Are you Amber Pillsbury?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Clinical Social Work