Dr. Amber Baker, PHD

Dr. Amber Baker, PHD

Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology  ·
Female
Dr. Amber Baker, PHD is a cognitive & behavioral psychologist in Mission Viejo, CA and has been practicing for 7 years. She specializes in cognitive & behavioral psychology, counseling, and more.Read her story

27001 La Paz Rd Ste 336

Mission Viejo, CA 92691

Learn about Dr. Baker

Dr. Baker's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Baker "Welcome! I am a Psychologist in private practice in Orange County, CA. I feel privileged to have worked with individuals, couples, families, Veterans and first responders representing a wide range of ages and cultural backgrounds. I have applied my skills as a therapist and clinical supervisor in a variety of settings including outpatient clinics, non-profit organizations, and the Veterans Administration. Everyone faces stress and personal difficulties at one time or another. When you experience depression, anxiety, panic, relationship or parenting issues, it may be difficult to feel happy, confident, relaxed, or close to others in your daily life. I offer a safe, comfortable, and confidential space for each individualized therapy session, where I provide my care and expertise to help guide you through your current challenges and accomplish your goals. What distinguishes my practice is my: specialized training and experience, warmth and support, ability to connect with others, creative approach to therapy and love for what I do. Whether you are engaging in personal exploration and growth, seeking relief and solutions to current issues, or looking to improve your relationships, I hope that the knowledge, support, and tools that I offer will bring you closer to the vision that you have for yourself."

This content was provided by Dr. Baker "I enjoy collaborating with my clients and supporting them as they develop effective coping strategies to make progress reaching their goals at a comfortable pace. I use Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Mindfulness based approaches, which are both supported by research for their effectiveness with anxiety, depression and other issues. I also utilize Gottman Couples therapy techniques, which are also research based.

In my experience, the best outcomes come from building a partnership with each client, wherein my expertise in mental health and well-being is joined with each client's expertise on his/her life. This active collaboration and input from the client contributes to a clear picture of the current issues as well as how to overcome or cope with related stressors. I apply my knowledge, support, therapeutic skills and insight to each individually tailored session as I work with you to achieve your goals, improve relationships, decrease stress, and overcome current struggles."

• Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology
  • Clinical Psychology
  • Counseling

Dr. Baker does not have any board certifications listed.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for California.

• Va Los Angeles Ambulatory Care Center, (Apa Approved)
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Va Long Beach-Ptsd Postdoctoral Fellow
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Baker has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Baker has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Baker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Baker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Baker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Baker to family and friends
7 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Baker's Performance

Dr. Baker Says:
"

I greatly appreciate that individuals have taken their time to provide feedback about their experience with me. I strive to create a safe and comfortable atmosphere for each individual that I work with in order to foster a collaborative therapeutic relationship. Throughout my work with each client, I encourage open feedback regarding thoughts, feelings, and questions that arise related to the course of therapy. Such feedback provides

...

Dr. Baker was always attentive and had a very calming influence on my daughter. She really helped her through a rough patch. My daughter only needed short term intervention to give her skills to cope. However, she feels that we can return at any time.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Are you Dr. Baker?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology