Amanda Yount, PMHNP-BC

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Female • Age 36

Amanda Yount

Journey to New Beginnings, PLLC

5627 Getwell Rd Bldg C2 Southaven, MS 38672

Amanda Yount, PMHNP-BC is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Southaven, MS. She graduated from University Of Mississippi Medical Center and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry and adult psychiatry.

• Low wait times Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Amanda Yount accepts

Amanda Yount accepts the following insurance:

Aetna PPO
Blue Choice PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Blue Preferred PPO
Cenpatico Behavioral Health
Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Great West Healthcare-Cigna
CoreSource
Cypress Benefit Administrators
Golden Rule
HealthSCOPE Benefits
Choice Care Network PPO
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
Medicaid HMO
Meritain Health
Molina Healthcare
UnitedHealthOne
Value Options
Behavioral Health

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Mississippi

Check Amanda Yount's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Depressive Disorders
  • Disruptive Behavior Disorders
  • Intermittent Explosive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Oppositional Defiant Disorder

4.2

Amanda Yount?
Amanda Yount's Performance
What People Say About Amanda Yount, PMHNP-BC
I have struggled for years with depression and anxiety. It was compounded by my service in the military. My wife has always encouraged me to get help. I have been going to counseling the last few months, but it seemed I still needed a little more help. My wife heard great things about Mandy and the staff at Journey to New Beginnings. I made an appointment and it has been one of the greatest decisions I have ever made. She clearly laid out what she thought was wrong based on what I said, how she could help, and what my options were. I did not feel like she talked at me, she talked with me and we made a plan together. My life has turned around in the last 3 months. I'm now more confident and less anxious. I would recommend her and her staff to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Amanda Yount, PMHNP-BC?
Amanda helped me in so many ways, she took my concerns seriously and worked with me to find a medication that worked for me while taking my finances into consideration. I waited less than 10 minutes to see her and I was greeted by friendly staff members and the best therapy dog I’ve ever seen. I highly recommend Amanda if you are looking for someone who truly wants to help you get better. I finally feel like I have a practitioner who is on my side.
×Post a ResponseAre you Amanda Yount, PMHNP-BC?
First, If you want a rude NP, that talks down to you, then A. Yount is for you. On our first meeting, there was a mix up about the time, I showed up at the time I received in my text reminder, only to find out one of my daughters missed her time. She was almost out of Meds, I asked if she could see them both in the same hour, and she accused me of trying to commit insurance fraud? The previous NP never had a problem seeing/charging both girls in the same hour. On our next appointment date, the office called to tell me Mandy was throwing up and wanted us to come in early so she could leave. I suggested we reschedule because she was sick and wanting to go home. We set a new date, the office called to reschedule that one too, because she had the flu. A couple weeks pass by, no text reminder this time, and we forget the rescheduled date. Amanda now refuses to see my daughter because of two missed appointments. We worked with her, but she refuses to work with us. She has a lot to learn!
We are truly sorry we were unable to accommodate...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Amanda Yount, PMHNP-BC?
I have battled with mental illness for a number of years. I at times have felt like a stranger in my own body. A friend told me of the services offered by Mandy and that she may understand how I feel and be able to help me. Mandy and the staff at Journey to New Beginnings have treated me with the upmost kindness and respect. Mandy listens to me allows me to think through my problems and offers assistance. I have never felt so cared and looked after. They have helped me to feel like a me again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Amanda Yount, PMHNP-BC?
I cannot say enough about this psychiatric nurse practitioner!!! She is fantastic and has the best personality!! She made me and my daughter feel so at ease.. She was able to to tell me exactly what was going on with my teenage daughter and prescribed the correct medication to help her in school and in social settings !!! No other practitioner we have seen was as thorough as Mandy Yount !!! I’m so glad we found her !! I would DEFINITELY recommend her to my friends and family !!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Amanda Yount, PMHNP-BC?

How was your experience with Amanda Yount?

Mandy is a Board-Certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner who specializes in medication management for children, adolescents and adults. She is a Tennessee native but is actively licensed to practice Psychiatry in the State of Mississippi. Mandy enjoys working with children and families.

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry