Amanda Selvarajah, MAC

Acupuncture •  Female • Age 42

Amanda Selvarajah

Pokey Practice Wellness

11550 Sheridan Blvd Ste 102 Westminster, CO 80020

Amanda Selvarajah, MAC is a Acupuncturist in Westminster, CO. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Amanda Selvarajah to book an appointment.

Compare Amanda Selvarajah, MAC with other Acupuncturists near you

Amanda Selvarajah's Reviews

Be the first to leave a review

Amanda Selvarajah?

I am a Classical Five-Element Acupuncturist practicing body, mind, spirit acupuncture in Westminster, CO. I believe that to truly heal the body or mind of a pain or ailment it must also be addressed on an emotional and spiritual level as well.

I became an acupuncturist after it changed my life. In 2004 I separated from the military. The VA was wanting to do hip surgery on me due to risk of necrosis caused by the subluxation of my femur. I was only 26 and told them I was choosing to seek alternative options.

One of these options was a man I worked with at the university hospital. Along with my hip I had also been dealing with PTSD, migraines, depression, shoulders pain, neuropathy and degenerative disk disease. I only told the acupuncturist about the hip, but acupuncture helped all of my conditions tremendously and within months. I asked him how this was possible. He explained that in healing the emotional and spiritual aspect of the body, as well as the physical, you can heal almost anything from the inside out.

This experience with acupuncture led to me choosing the one school in the US that taught the same style of acupuncture I had just received. During the course of acupuncture school certain events led me to the door of another healer who introduced me to additional subtle energies and how to move them. This helped me to see how these energies related to different acupuncture conditions and showed me a deeper level of healing than what I was already learning in school.

These educations have shaped the way I facilitate healing. I believe that when we interact with other people and the world around us we take on energy that is not our own. I work to clear people of energy that does not resonate with them and reinforce from the center to help push imbalance out. I utilize a number of styles of acupuncture depending on what an individual resonates with. I don't actively treat symptoms and I don't believe that acupuncture or energy work is one size fits all. Every treatment is tailored to your individual needs, meeting you where you are at in you journey.

I am a licensed acupuncturist in the state of Colorado, a Diplomate of Acupuncture and hold a Masters in Classical Five-Element Acupuncture. Prior to a career in alternative medicine and holistic health services, my experience included pharmacy, primary care, nursing and EMS.
Less...