Dr. Amanda Schafer Johnson, PHD

PsychologyFemaleAge 44

Psychology

Dr. Amanda Schafer Johnson, PHD is a Psychologist in Marquette, MI. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as Covenant HealthCare - Cooper and Covenant HealthCare - Irving. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Amanda Schafer Johnson, PHD
850 W Baraga Ave Ste 34 Marquette, MI 49855 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychologists in your area

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check if Dr. Schafer Johnson treats your condition or procedure

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Schafer Johnson

1.8

Dr. Schafer Johnson

Horrible person
This woman was rude and dismissive and I think “wrote” my husband and I off in 5 minutes. She just stared at me and didn’t seem to get to the root of the matter, and dismissed our concerns. She seemed to want to start talking about our marriage and blame genuine and life-threatening concerns that maybe our communication was off, and denied more tests could be done when other providers told me there was an array of options. She made us feel bad about ourselves or concerns.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
CN – May 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Schafer Johnson, PHD?
Terrible experience. Completely regret trusting he
Never seen such horrible bed side manner in a doctor before. She actually came in to interrupt the test to tell me she thought I wasn't trying my hardest(basically saying I'm faking my symptoms), mind you I'm the one who asked for the appointment to get to the bottom of some pretty scary stuff going on with my brain and memory. She had me in tears, begging her not to end the testing, after she came in arguing with me about the performance on the test and threatening to end the test yet on the letter she sent of her findings says I'M the one that was refusing to complete the test..that's just not true! It took me 4 days to recover from this appointment mentally. This surely is someone you do not want having private interactions with your loved one with compromised brain function and memory. She wouldn't allow my husband to come into the appointment but I seen others had the opportunity to bring along their support systems. I would never of went there, had I read these reviews first.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Apr 14, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Schafer Johnson, PHD?
Poor bedside manner and lack of thoroughness in patient consultation. Failed to review labs and diagnostic testing prior to giving diagnosis. Did not speak or direct questions to patient, rather to companion in room. Would advise driving to a larger hospital system with more experienced clinicians and hopefully a more tactful presentation of diagnosis to the patient.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Mar 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Schafer Johnson, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Schafer Johnson?

• Psychology
  • Clinical Psychology
  • Neuropsychology

Is Dr. Amanda Schafer Johnson, PHD accepting new patients?

Dr. Amanda Schafer Johnson, PHD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Schafer Johnson's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Amanda Schafer Johnson, PHD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Schafer Johnson accepts your insurance.

Where is Dr. Amanda Schafer Johnson, PHD's office located?

Dr. Schafer Johnson's office is located at 850 W Baraga Ave Ste 34, Marquette, MI 49855. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Amanda Schafer Johnson, PHD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Schafer Johnson has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Amanda Schafer Johnson, PHD?

850 W Baraga Ave Ste 34 Marquette, MI 49855

Dr. Schafer Johnson is affiliated with the following hospitals. Select a hospital below to learn more.

Learn more about how Healthgrades measuresHospital Quality.

Covenant HealthCare - Cooper

Covenant HealthCare - Irving

Covenant Medical Center Harrison

Saginaw, MI

74% Patients that would definitely recommend, 4% higher than the national average