Amanda Power, LPC-S

Amanda Power, LPC-S

Substance Abuse Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Amanda Power, LPC-S is a substance abuse counselor in West Monroe, LA. She specializes in substance abuse counseling, counseling, and more.Read her story

2106 N 7th St Ste 129

West Monroe, LA 71291

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Louisiana Healthcare Connections

Learn about Amanda Power

Amanda Power's bio

This content was provided by Amanda Power "Qualifications I have been awarded the M.A. in Marriage and Family Therapy from The University of Louisiana at Monroe. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor #4845 registered with the LPC Board of Examiners, 8631 Summa Avenue, Baton Rouge, LA 70809. 225/765-2515. Clients Served I provide therapy for children, individuals, couples, and families. I work with children and adults in all stages of life. Areas of Focus I specialize in the practice of counseling and focus on problems of childhood and parenthood, marital difficulties, aging, and life difficulties of adulthood that may relate to disturbances in family relationships or affect students in an educational setting. Educational consultations and family interventions surrounding substance abuse and behavioral difficulties are areas that I have worked diligently in. What to Expect from Therapy and What I Expect from Clients I work from a systemic perspective, which means that I accept a client's immediate family relationships and larger social context as being important resources in solving life's problems. Goals for therapy are always established through collaboration with the client. The overall objective for therapy is always the successful resolution of the problems that are deemed the most important through that collaborative process. I work from a structural/strategic orientation, which means that I assist couples and families in organizing their relationships so that resources can be brought to bear on the problems being presented. Techniques that I often employ are instruction and modeling of communication skills, family role-playing and family sculpting, and between-session interactive assignments. This "homework" is a vital part of the therapeutic process. The completion of homework is necessary if the client is to get the most from the therapeutic experience. Clients must make their own decisions regarding such things as deciding to marry, separate, divorce, reconcile and how to set up custody and visitation. That is, I will help you think through the possibilities and consequences of decisions, but my Code of Ethics does not allow me to advise you to make a specific decision. Appointments are usually scheduled one time a week for approximately one hour, with the first session devoted to gathering necessary information. The entire therapy process may take on the average of eight to ten sessions. You the client are a full partner in counseling. Your honesty and effort is essential to success. If as we work together you have suggestions or concerns about your counseling, I expect you to share these with me so that we can make the necessary adjustments. If it develops that you would be better served by another mental health provider, I will help you with the referral process. If you are currently receiving services from another mental health professional, I expect you to inform me of this and grant me permission to share information with this professional so that we may coordinate our services to you. Code of Ethics & Code of Conduct I am required by law to adhere to the Louisiana Code of Ethics for Licensed Professional Counselors. Copies of this code are available upon request."

This content was provided by Amanda Power "I work with clients from every walk of life with many different difficulties. Restored Counseling is now and will always be a safe place of hope and acceptance for all people."

• Substance Abuse Counseling
  • Individual Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Sex Therapy
  • Women's Counseling

Amanda Power does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD Testing
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Child Abuse Assessment
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• University Of Louisiana At Monroe
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2004
  • Fins 4th District Court
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Marriage and Family Therapy, Community Counseling, Substance Abuse Counseling
    Other Education | Completed 2010
  • University Of Louisiana At Mornoe
    Other Education | Completed 2010

Amanda Power has no awards or honors listed.

Amanda Power has no media or publications listed.

Amanda Power does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Amanda Power and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Amanda Power's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Amanda Power to family and friends
3 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Amanda Power's Performance

Amanda Power Says:
"

Thank you so much for your review. We hope it promotes others to seek help if they so need to.

"

Ms. Power was able to see us and work with my child the same day as she keeps crisis hours reserved. This KEPT us from having to go to a locked behavioral unit where she may have known more leaving than going in and been exposed to things that would worsen her problems. I highly recommend Ms. Power...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Are you Amanda Power?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Clinical Social Work