Dr. Amanda Karlen, PSY.D

Dr. Amanda Karlen, PSY.D

Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Amanda Karlen, PSY.D is a counselor in McHenry, IL. She specializes in counseling.Read her story

4209 W Shamrock Ln Unit C

McHenry, IL 60050

Learn about Dr. Karlen

Dr. Karlen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Karlen "I have been providing psychological services to Lake county and Mchenry county for the last 12 years. I obtained my Bachelor's Degree from Black Hills State University in Spearfish, South Dakota. and both my Master's Degree and Doctoral Degree in clinical psychology from Illinois School of Professional Psychology in Schaumburg, Illinois. My clinical experience includes practicum hours with community mental health, sex offender evaluation in Lake County Jail and Depke Juvenile Justice Complex, and neuropsychological treatment at Lakeview Speciality Hospital and Rehabilitation. In 2011 I opened the Center for Therapeutic Services and Psychodiagnostics in Mchenry, Illinois. We offer evidence based therapy and alternative treatments for mental health disorders. We have several clinicians on staff with unique skills to meet all the needs of the community. Additionally, we offer alternative treatments to mental health such as acupuncture and massage therapy. "

This content was provided by Dr. Karlen "My experience is diverse and my approach to therapy is evidenced-based. I comprehend mental health issues from not only a psychological, but also from a social and neurological perspective. I have worked with several challenging clients and pride myself in my ability to modify treatment interventions for each client's unique needs. Essentially treatment is a team approach and I am here to walk with the client on the path to recovery.I have successfully treated a diverse population with complex mental heath problems, so I have developed a vast repertoire of interventions. I primarily conceptualize my clients from a cognitive behavior orientation. I believe a person's thought impact their emotions and behaviors. I am trained in DBT, Hypnosis, behavioral analysis, and EMDR.My practice is developed to provide a calm and comfortable environment for the client. "

• Counseling

Dr. Karlen does not have any board certifications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Education data for Dr. Karlen is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Karlen has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Karlen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Karlen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Karlen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Karlen's Reviews

4.0
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Karlen to family and friends

Dr. Karlen's Performance

Dr.Karlen really listened to what I had to say. She made me feel like what I was saying was actually making sense and that I am not crazy. She didn’t try and make excuses for what was going on with me. 10/10 would recommend!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Karlen helped me with difficult life transitions. She was kind, supportive, and caring. If you are looking for honest help she is the one for you.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Karlen is amazing. She helped me more than any other mental health professional has. She is kind and caring. I would recommend anyone to see her.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for your kind words.

The worst experience I have ever had with a therapist! She is one of the most stressful people I have ever encountered. Amanda Karlen is vary demeaning and disrespectful to her clients. She would give me terrible anxiety and has made me cry several times. She dose more talking then listening, and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option3

I apologize for your experience and reaction to the direct approach I take in treatment. It is not the best fit for everyone. We do not talk about clients but we talk about our experience with different clients in our past to empower clients. if this information was known we could have done something to make your experience better. I am solutio-focused and it is a direct approach so in the future an emotion-focused therapist might be a better fit. Again thank you for your feedback.

Amanda has been an incredible help to my daughter. I cannot thank her enough for the kindness and compassion she's shown not just to my daughter but to my entire family.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for your kind words.

Nearby providers with similar experience

Counseling