Dr. Amanda Karlen, PSY.D

Counseling ·  Female · Age 38

Dr. Karlen
4209 W Shamrock Ln Unit C McHenry, IL 60050

Dr. Amanda Karlen, PSY.D is a counselor in McHenry, IL. She specializes in counseling.

Dr. Karlen accepts

Dr. Karlen accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Dr. Karlen treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Karlen's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Eating Disorders
  • Grief
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)

Dr. Karlen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Karlen

4.3

Dr. Karlen?
Dr. Karlen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Amanda Karlen, PSY.D
I have known Dr. Karlen for many years. She is highly intelligent, creative, kind, and caring. She sees my teenage daughter and always makes her feel comfortable. Dr. Karlen has helped my daughter deal with stress, anxiety, Tourettes, and other teenager issues. My daughter trusts Dr. Karlen fully and always feels better after their sessions. Dr. Karlen has offered many creative treatment options to keep it fresh and always allows my daughter to guide her plan of care. I highly recommend Dr. Karlen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Karlen, PSY.D?
I saw Dr Karlen when we were contemplating adopting a foster child from out of state. This was an incredibly stressful time as we had just had two deaths in our family a few weeks apart at the time of this planned adoption. Dr Karlen’s expertise with children with traumatic history was obvious. I have been a foster parent for 10 years so I have worked with many different therapists. Amanda went out of her way to give us her input when dealing with the state case workers. She read all of the child’s records and gave us her honest opinion. I am a health coach and believe in an integrative approach to medicine. Her approach is similar. She uses many holistic modalities like EMDR, massage, infrared sauna as well as conventional methods. She is kind and very intelligent. I highly recommend Dr Karlen!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Karlen, PSY.D?
I would recommended this doctor to anyone. Dr. Karlen has been exceptional and has surpassed any of my expectations that I had. No matter where you are in life, she is able to adjust and provide appropriate treatment/supportive interventions. Dr. Karlen always follows through and is very prompt considering her caseload. There has been many times where I cannot even formulate the words or talk about what exactly happened and she has been extremely patient. Dr. Karlen has never made me feel like I had to talk but definitely has let know it is okay if I cannot talk and she will still be there to help me through. Dr. Karlen is the most hardworking, attentive, and supportive person I have ever encountered. Even when your upset and you may not react the best, she is able to recognize and never take things personally. Which is extremely important.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Karlen, PSY.D?
Dr.Karlen really listened to what I had to say. She made me feel like what I was saying was actually making sense and that I am not crazy. She didn’t try and make excuses for what was going on with me. 10/10 would recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Karlen, PSY.D?
Dr. Karlen helped me with difficult life transitions. She was kind, supportive, and caring. If you are looking for honest help she is the one for you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Karlen, PSY.D?
Dr. Karlen is amazing. She helped me more than any other mental health professional has. She is kind and caring. I would recommend anyone to see her.
Thank you for your kind words.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Karlen, PSY.D?
The worst experience I have ever had with a therapist! She is one of the most stressful people I have ever encountered. Amanda Karlen is vary demeaning and disrespectful to her clients. She would give me terrible anxiety and has made me cry several times. She dose more talking then listening, and mixes up her clients. I have had her accuse me of talking about things that never happened. Would talk about her other clients. All around a Horrible experience! I would never recommend her to anyone.
I apologize for your experience and reaction to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Karlen, PSY.D?
Amanda has been an incredible help to my daughter. I cannot thank her enough for the kindness and compassion she's shown not just to my daughter but to my entire family.
Thank you for your kind words.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Karlen, PSY.D?
Horrible experience...this practitioner is on her own agenda. She doesn't allow the client to talk about they need to in the session. She is demeaning to her clients; she "knows all". She doesn't listen as after spilling my heart out for several minutes, she turns and asks a question that was clearly already shared. She lacks follow through on things she says she will do for you. Office staff is extremely disrespectful. They never answer or return phone calls....good luck making an appt
I apologize about your experience and appreciate...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Karlen, PSY.D?

How was your experience with Dr. Karlen?

My experience is diverse and my approach to therapy is evidenced-based. I comprehend mental health issues from not only a psychological, but also from a social and neurological perspective. I have worked with several challenging clients and pride mys...

• Counseling