Althea Olson, LCSW

Clinical Social WorkFemaleAge 55

Clinical Social Work

Althea Olson, LCSW is a Clinical Social Worker in Plainfield, IL. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Althea Olson, LCSW

Aspyre Wellness, Plainfield, IL

24047 W Lockport St Ste 201F Plainfield, IL 60544
Telehealth services available

"My clients describe me as direct and to the point yet in a way that builds their confidence and self-esteem.  They tell me I am able to take a complex situation and to help them find simple solutions that they ca..."

- Althea Olson, LCSW

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Traditional Therapy – done online

Traditional Therapy – done online

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Althea Olson treats your condition or procedure

• Anxiety Attack
  • Behavior Modification
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling for Gay and-or Lesbian Individuals
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
  • Grief
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychodynamic Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Althea Olson accepts

Althea Olson accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Blue Preferred Plus POS

Althea Olson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Althea Olson

I've seen a few different therapists over the years, but none of them have made me feel as comfortable, and actually heard, as Althea. She's insightful, understanding, empathetic, and always seems to offer the perfect answer or ask the right question to make you finally say "omg why didn't I see that?!" She's very kind and approachable, but won't just tell you what you WANT to hear. She will tell you what you NEED to hear so you can start healing your broken bits. I'd recommend Althea to anyone struggling to find their way out of an icky mindset or situation.
Jess – Aug 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Althea Olson, LCSW?
Working with Althea through my anxieties was much easier than I could have expected. She made it tolerable going to therapy because she had patience with me. She followed my lead and allowed me to heal at my own pace. Althea is very knowledgable, but does not make you feel like you are inferior. She is very easy to talk with and truly helped me to understand what I was experiencing while providing tips on how to continue moving forward.
Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Althea Olson, LCSW?
Althea is a very genuine, knowledgeable, and empathetic therapist. She helped me tremendously with my general anxiety and depression. Her years of experience and passion for helping others were apparent from the get go. I would highly recommend her services if you are looking for someone that truly cares.
Chris – Sep 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Althea Olson, LCSW?
I have been attending therapy with Althea for almost a year, both individually and for couples counseling. Every time I leave her office I have a better understanding of who I am and what I need to do to overcome my anxiety. She listens, educates, and then challenges me to be the best version of myself. She truly has a gift and a passion for what she does. I highly recommend Althea.
Laura – Jun 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Althea Olson, LCSW?
My first visit to Althea was during the darkest period of my life, a true crisis when I could barely put one foot in front of the other. It's been some time and the journey toward healing and growth led by Althea has been pivotal to where I am today: healthy, happy, confident and thriving. She's professional yet approachable and always ready to challenge me to grow. For people looking to change their lives, I highly recommend Althea Olson.
Lisa – Nov 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Althea Olson, LCSW?
My mind is always running a million miles an hour. After I rumble off everything I'm dealing with or what's on my mind, her response is simple and to the point of what I NEED to hear. She has been able to help me understand my behaviors that I started as a child and she makes good suggests to benefit me as a whole.
Katie – Oct 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Althea Olson, LCSW?
I have gone through a lot of trauma in my life and I find it extremely hard to express or even know what my feeling are. She has helped me greatly, she is an extremely understanding person and an amazing therapist!!! She has a great way of making you feel like your her only patient and for me that is extremely helpful!!!
Rebecca in IL – Oct 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Althea Olson, LCSW?
When you find the one, you know. I’ve been in therapy for 24 years. Since I was a child. I’ve had every therapist in the spectrum of awful to mediocre to tolerable. Althea is a God send to me. She is more than just ‘my therapist’, she has something no words can describe. My life has changed because of her techniques & knowledge. I can wholeheartedly say, while smiling inside so warmly, that she is the best of the best. She’s it. Althea has become a vital part of my life journey. A true blessing.
Ashley in Plainfield, IL – Sep 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Althea Olson, LCSW?
Althea provides interaction that is supportive and honest. She is able to listen well and provide relevant feedback. She has a fantastic ability to remember details from prior discussions so there is no need to revisit details allowing the each discussion to be productive.
Anonymous – Aug 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Althea Olson, LCSW?
She has been so helpful and understanding. I am extremely comfortable with her and she exudes professionalism at the same time as compassion, a rare find. I will recommend her to anyone and everyone looking for therapy. Her appointment hours are flexible and she quickly responds to any questions you have for her outside of appointment hours.
Anonymous – Aug 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Althea Olson, LCSW?
Althea has helped me more than I can say. She really listens and provides helpful feedback and has helped me find ways to improve my mental health. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for help.
Kimberly in IL – Aug 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Althea Olson, LCSW?
First I will like to say that Althea Olson has helped me thru some ruff times she is very comforting, she takes time to really listen and give me way to help myself so I can feel better. I'm so grateful to have found her. As for her office I feel very relax and stress free when I'm their staff is friendly...??
Guadalupe in Romeoville , IL – Aug 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Althea Olson, LCSW?
I started seeing Althea from a referral from a friend. So glad I did. I feel completely comfortable in their office. Its a no pressure stress free environment. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming!
Amanda in Yorkville, IL – Aug 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Althea Olson, LCSW?
I recommend Althea Olson to anyone who wants to experience a genuine positive change in his or her life. She brought me through the most difficult experience to a place I never imagined I could be. With compassion, empathy, and exceptional expertise and knowledge, she set me on a solid foundation with the tools to navigate whatever life throws my way. I highly recommend her professional care.
Mar 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Althea Olson, LCSW?
I came to Althea through my company EAP in March 2015, specifically for anticipatory grief. My Mom was not doing well and went into hospice. Althea helped me with this, as well as my Mom's death not long after. She would also address other items I'd bring up in our sessions, and I have gotten so much helpful advice and tools from her! All of my relationships are better because of her - with family, and friends.
David in Bolingbrook, IL – Mar 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Althea Olson, LCSW?
Very good at helping analyze what is going on in my thoughts. She gives different suggestions on how to approach problems.
Lockport, IL – Feb 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Althea Olson, LCSW?
My experience with Althea has been life changing. She has been an unbiased, professional, and personable source of emotional strength and knowledge that I so desperately needed. Her matter-of-fact style helped me face a denied truth that had caused me a lifetime of emotional pain, and gave great advice in moving forward with my life. I continue to see Althea because I know there will be triggers that can set me back. Knowing that she can guide me through uncertain times is very comforting.
Cathy Oleksy in Naperville, IL – Feb 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Althea Olson, LCSW?

How was your experience with Althea Olson?