Allen Rader, LCSW

CounselingMaleAge 66

Allen Rader

ATS Wellness and Therapy

5455 W 86th St Ste 100 Indianapolis, IN 46268

Allen Rader, LCSW is a Counselor in Indianapolis, IN. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Allen Rader to book an appointment.

• Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Easy Scheduling
    Patients said scheduling was easy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Indiana

Check if Allen Rader treats your condition or procedure

• Personality Disorders
  • Relationship Issues
  • Sleep Disorders

Allen Rader accepts

Allen Rader accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield

Allen Rader's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Allen Rader

3.5

Allen Rader?
  • Appointment scheduling (13)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (11)
  • Listened & answered questions (10)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (6)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (6)
  • Office environment (5)
I saw Allen Rader as a therapist for 6 years, 2014-2020. During the first 5 years, July 2014-third week of September 2019, he was excellent, and I believe he was excellent because he kept to secular issues, i.e., those not involving religion. During these 5 years, he was one of the finest psychotherapists I ever had. However, when he decided to reach into "spirituality" issues, which had never come up with me, he disconnected with me, an atheist abused overwhelmingly by people who professed religious beliefs, especially Catholic or Christian. Essentially, he is a New Ager on religious, "spirituality" issues, and cannot bring himself to criticize cruel and insensitive behavior toward others by religious believers; however, it was precisely this kind of cruel and insensitive behavior on the part of professed religious that had caused me so much suffering! However, when we parted therapeutically, in October 2020, we did so amicably.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Nov 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Allen Rader, LCSW?
I'm writing this review to point out a problem of therapists who treat their work like it's a business. Allen Rader doesn't understand therapy and, instead, manipulates. He steps out of boundaries by making comments on things that aren't appropriate. He tried to understand my thoughts and feelings (as a therapist would), but would spend most of his time act as some kind of life coach (suggesting self-help books and life lessons) and trying to keep others out of trouble (as a legal enforcer would), and overall doesn't seem interested in understanding people better. He may say he’s self-reliant, self-made businessman, but everything about his indulgent, sloppy writing and therapy style show he just doesn't want to work with others. He often reasons from his naive worldview that he wants to uphold instead of looking at the experiences of patients themselves and reasoning what would follow. Allen's issues show a greater need for therapists to understand their roles better.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Sep 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Allen Rader, LCSW?
Allen is awesome! He has truly helped me. Allen is a good listener. He pushes me to think differently and move forward. Allen does not judge me, but supports me as I find my way through.
Jul 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Allen Rader, LCSW?
I am very happy in my progress with working with Allen. Allen’s attentive communicative style works well for me. His in-depth approach to discovering developmental advancements has increased my viability. His intuitive recommendations have expanded my resources and assisted in my career, personal and spiritual growth. So good to work with a professional that utilizes diverse techniques unique for my personal success.
Dee – Jul 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Allen Rader, LCSW?
Allen believes in astrology, makes poorly justified arguments, gives one-dimensional, superficial answers and overall doesn't know how to engage in meaningful therapy. I found him at a loss of giving me appropriate advice and treatment for my issues over the course of a year including his inability to find the true source of my emotional issues. He doesn't take notes and gives a blank, vacuous stare most of the time. I don't even believe that he understands how to empathize across cultures and differences based on diversity. He failed to understand abusive, manipulative behaviors that other people in my life were exhibiting against me. He generally doesn't think of the mores and rules of society as things that humans are meant to envision and come up with for themselves. Instead, he generally believes that people should just follow what society has established for themselves instead of seeking truth and justice in the way those values are meant to be.
Oct 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Allen Rader, LCSW?
Allen is an excellent therapist. He has helped me to navigate through many curve balls that life has thrown in my path. I am a better version of myself and I am grateful for the guidance that I have received from Allen.
Aug 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Allen Rader, LCSW?
Saw him for depression for roughly two months. He was completely inappropriate, unprofesional, and I have no idea what he is doing as a therapist. I would highly encourage others to find ANYONE else.
Apr 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Allen Rader, LCSW?
Allen is first and foremost a compassionate man, and secondly he is a very insightful therapist. He is thoughtful in his approach in gathering patient history to help facilitate an effective strategy that will meet his patient's needs. The patient/therapist relationship is key to establishing a trusting rapport necessary for healing; I trust Allen with my all my hidden agendas and secrets. May God bless him and his ministry of therapy.
Kim J. in Indianapolis, IN – Jan 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Allen Rader, LCSW?
Definitely a great therapist, very smart man who gives a lot of good advice, and is very helpful. Never judges and looks very well at positively solving problems.
Ben Dunning in Zionsville, IN – Jan 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Allen Rader, LCSW?
absolutely terrible. don't even know why he thinks his entrepreneurship experience prepares him as a psychotherapist
none – Dec 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Allen Rader, LCSW?
What an amazing therapist! He's helped me with work-related problems, and deeper depression and anxiety issues, as well as dealing with my parents.
Apr 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Allen Rader, LCSW?
Dr. Rader is absolutely amazing. He has transformed my life and enhanced my personal development to levels I never thought possible. He is thoughtful, always challenges me to better myself and I would recommend him to anyone.
Feb 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Allen Rader, LCSW?
I’ve been seeing Allen for 2+ yrs. During that time, his practice & location changed but I never noticed a change in the level of care in our sessions. Allen has mastered give & take - I feel like many of our sessions are more conversation than counseling and it feels very natural. I think it’s important to realize that a good relationship with a therapist depends on personality - not everyone will be a good fit. If you are considering Allen, pay him a visit and see if he’s the right fit for you
Jan 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Allen Rader, LCSW?
disorganized, inappropriate boundaries, doesn't listen, messy office
Indianapolis, IN – Nov 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Allen Rader, LCSW?

How was your experience with Allen Rader?

I believe therapy is a process of working together to heal the issues that are bothering you and to develop a foundation for a successful life with good mental health.

• Counseling