Contact provider for availability

Alison Wittenberg

Nursing (Nurse Practitioner) ·  Female

Alison Wittenberg
60 Washington Ave Ste 102 Hamden, CT 06518

Alison Wittenberg is a nurse practitioner in Hamden, CT. She specializes in nursing (nurse practitioner) and psychiatric nursing (nurse practitioner).

Alison Wittenberg accepts

Alison Wittenberg accepts the following insurance:

Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check if Alison Wittenberg treats your condition or procedure

• Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
  • Psychiatric Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)

Alison Wittenberg's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Alison Wittenberg

3.1

Alison Wittenberg?
Alison Wittenberg's Performance
What People Say About Alison Wittenberg
Alison is a great listener and really nice. She made me feel at ease as soon as I walked into the office. Kind and incredibly knowledgable. After I completed treatment with her I felt so much better. Also, she dresses really well!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Wittenberg?
I had seen a number of practitioners for years who, despite their experience, could not properly diagnose or treat me. Within the first two visits with Alison she had not only accurately diagnosed me but gave me a thorough explanation of possible treatments. Within a month I felt better than I'd felt in years. Best of all, Alison doesn't just throw pills at you; she does actual therapy, and is genuinely devoted to your overall wellness. She's a total gem: caring, compassionate, and brilliant. I've read other reviews on here about how some MD was "appalled" by the regimen Alison prescribed. Don't believe it. A GP is not a psychiatrist, and does not have the training to assess mental health conditions. My GP told me I just needed to get better sleep and my anxiety would dissipate! He's a great GP, but I pursued his advice about mental health I'd be in poor shape. Alison is amazing at what she does. Can't recommend her highly enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Wittenberg?
02/08/18: I called Atlantic Health Services today at (203) 407-6400 to coordinate a first time appointment for my wife after having received a referral from her neurologist. Ms. Wittenberg was not available and the receptionist who took the call was EXTREMELY rude. When regular staff is overly rude, this provides plenty of information on the general work culture of the practice. Therefore, we decided to cancel the appointment and move forward with another provider.
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Wittenberg?
Over prescribed medications for my family member and caused his mild anxiety to worsen tenfold under her care. After reviewing her treatment protocol, his new MD was completely appalled and immediately took him off all medications, citing that he could come up with no rationale for her reccomendations. I'm not one to typically write reviews, but I can only hope that any family conducting due diligence on Alison as a medical provider will see this and be able to avoid making a horrible mistake.
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Wittenberg?
Alison is amazing. She is so kind, compassionate, caring and very knowledgeable in every way. She has helped me in numerous ways and has never once steered me wrong. I will always stick with Alison because she's always stuck with me and has been my cheerleader when I was facing my darkest days.
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Wittenberg?
Alison demonstrates compassion and genuine empathy to me as a patient, and also has the clinical expertise that makes you feel you are in competent hands. She has helped me so much over the past several years. She is obviously knowledgeable in her field, and it is clear that she cares about her patients. I highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Wittenberg?
Horrible. Called one day post-consult to say that she was moving to CA, and would be unable to see me. Said that she was aware of her move when we had our first consult, but "couldn't bring herself" to tell me? Bizarrely called one month later to tell me that she had returned from CA, and would now be able to see me. Diagnosed me w/ Bipolar, and said I was "lying" when I spoke about the negative effects of the medication she prescribed. Current MD stated that they were "appalled" by her choices.
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Wittenberg?
Terrible, always late with excuses more than a hour at times. Staff made wrong office locations a number of times. Said I was bi-polar and later I was diagnosed by a REAL person that said I was mildly depressed. Awful
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Wittenberg?

How was your experience with Alison Wittenberg?