Alison Jacob, LCSW

Social Work ·  Female

Alison Jacob

Alison Jacob, LCSW is a social worker in Schenectady, NY and has been practicing for 34 years. She graduated from New York University School Of Social Work in 1985 and specializes in social work and clinical social work.

Make an appointment

Alison Jacob accepts

Alison Jacob accepts the following insurance:

Fidelis Care
Medicare
Special Needs Plan SNP

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Alison Jacob treats your condition or procedure

Alison Jacob's conditions and procedures:

• Depressive Disorders
  • Relationship Issues

I ascribe to a person-centered approach that makes use of interventions based on present-time, solution focused strategies. It's important to me to provide caring feedback, support and encouragement. I specialize in individual therapy, marriage and r...

• Social Work

Likelihood to recommend Alison Jacob

Alison Jacob?
Alison Jacob's Performance
What People Say About Alison Jacob, LCSW
Alison helped me navigate a difficult marriage & family situation. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone going through a tough time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Jacob, LCSW?
I am currently a patient of Alison’s. I was referred to her by one of her previous patients, and I have been seeing her for 3 years. I find her to be professional and thoughtful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Jacob, LCSW?
I have been seeing Alison for almost a year now. My husband and I started in couples counseling and now I continue on my own. She is very helpful, understanding, and knowledgeable. She helped me open up the lines of communication with my husband and is now helping me navigate life as a cancer survivor. I would recommend anyone see Alison when seeking therapy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Jacob, LCSW?
After having a negative experience with my last social worker, I was very hesitant to find another one. I was immediately relieved as I began my first session. Alison has a lot of in depth knowledge of mental health & is versatile with her years of experience. She has a very warm, comfortable, engaging,& understanding energy. Every session, she gives me new coping strategies to help improve. I highly recommend her especially to people who are nervous about starting this journey; she’s fabulous!
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Jacob, LCSW?
I've been going to see Alison for most of a year - I started at a time when I was experiencing a serious depression episode. I give her a lot of credit for helping me find a much better place now, especially with a recommendation for a month-long out-patient treatment program last fall. She is willing to work with your schedule as needed. I recommend her highly for others experiencing depression or other mental challenges
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Jacob, LCSW?
From the moment I met Alison I was comfortable and felt she was truly interested in my mental health and well being. I was struggling with high anxiety and had been isolating myself . Alison has been a wealth of information and always actively listened during my appointments. I have just recently ended my session being at a point that I am able to handle issues as they arise. I feel she has given me a better insight and tools to help me get through my problems. I would highly recommend her.
Wonderful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Jacob, LCSW?
Alison Jacob has been an incredible help to me. I went to see her during a very difficult time in my marriage and she was able to help us sort things out and guide us to get things back on track. Thank you so much for your help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Jacob, LCSW?
I contacted Allison Jacobs and set up an appointment after checking to make sure she accepted my insurance. As my appointment came closer, I asked if I could please reschedule because I was not feeling well. She responded that that was fine (she does most of her communication via text). I the. tried for over a week to get in touch with her to reschedule and when she finally got back to me, she said she wasn't accepting new patients; she ended up completely wasting my time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Jacob, LCSW?

How was your experience with Alison Jacob?

Compare Providers