Alison Cole, LPC

CounselingFemaleAge 42

Alison Cole

Work in Progress, LLC

1240 Clairmont Rd Ste 203 Decatur, GA 30030

Alison Cole, LPC is a Counselor in Decatur, GA. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Alison Cole to book an appointment.

Compare Alison Cole, LPC with other Counselors near you

Alison Cole's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Alison Cole

4.5

11.904761904761905%

Alison Cole?
  • Listened & answered questions (35)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (33)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (32)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (3)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (3)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (3)
My experience with Alison has been nothing but positive, a new word in my vocabulary. She is an intuitive listener, explains herself clearly and precisely, and is helping me to make good choices in my life. I look forward to our sessions because I know for 60 minutes I have someone in my corner, looking out for my best interests. Her office and style are relaxed and comfortable. She is a gem. I can't recommend her highly enough.
Michelle – May 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
Alison has been my therapist for only a few months and I couldn’t be happier with the progress I have made. She makes me examine feelings that I didn’t even know I had! Her no nonsense approach to therapy fits me well and I thoroughly enjoy our sessions.
Barb – Mar 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
I have gotten so much out of working with Alison. I am so thankful that someone recommended her to me. She helps me see when I am doing unhealthy things, and even though it is uncomfortable to be held accountable when I make bad decisions, she is always kind, supportive and encouraging when I make progress practicing and breaking those habits. Alison makes me laugh when we need to relax and take a deep breath. She also challenges me to see the value of putting in the work to feel better, and I feel like she genuinely cares about me and my happiness. Thank you, Alison, for helping me be healthier and grow my confidence.
E. S. – Mar 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
I came to Dr. Cole at one of the worst points of my life. I was drinking and getting high every day and didn't really know what to do with myself. All I knew was that I was anxious and depressed. Many people had recommended therapy to me, and at this point, I figured I had nothing to lose really. She was super amazing right off the bat and worked with my insurance and my schedule to make sure I was talking to her regularly. She promotes a positive mindset and the power to change, but also always quick to call me out when she knows I'm doing something self-destructive. She genuinely cares so much about her clients and always goes the extra mile. For someone with a history of bad therapists that had given up, I'm so glad I found her.
Mar 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
Alison has been my therapist for 6 months and I couldn’t be happier with our weekly sessions. She is easy to talk to and her friendly but sometimes stern manner makes me examine my decisions and helps me make better ones. I thoroughly enjoy our sessions and always feel better after them.
Debbie – Mar 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
I knew I needed help, not knowing where to turn, I tried Health Grades to find someone in my area. I sought out Alison Cole after reading her reviews on this site. My initial conversation with her left me more hopeful than I had felt in a long time. I eagerly scheduled an initial visit. Alison is just amazing. She creates a completely positive atmosphere, both with her demeanor and her environment. I felt valued, listened to and supported. Her style is open and non-judgmental, and she asks all the right questions. My session flew by and I felt that hope again. Now I know firsthand the therapy magic that is Alison Cole, and I am here to sing her praises as others have done.
Cathy – Feb 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
Alison Cole is so good at her job. She put me at ease from our first moment. She was open, attentive , responsive and smart. I have tried a few other therapists and never felt the connection that I did with Alison. I was very pleased with my experience and look forward to working with her. She lives up to all her good reviews and they aided me in my decision to give Alison a try.
Robin – Feb 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
Within the first 15 minutes of our intake meeting I knew I could not work with this person. The way she asked questions made me feel very uncomfortable like an interrogation. I felt worse after seeing her. She also joked about having PTSD. I would not recommend her to anyone, and I am concerned for her clients.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Feb 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
Alison is incredibly perceptive and skilled at communicating her insight in ways that I find easy to understand and apply to my life. She has provided empathy, and support, and also helped me consider new ways of understanding confusing and upsetting events in my life. I was looking to talk to someone who could help me move past my “stuck” points and figure out what action to take to move forward, and Alison has already exceeded those expectations. Lastly, she was very responsive and made time to see me when I needed it, which I greatly appreciate.
H – Jan 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
I was apprehensive about starting the process of seeing a therapist, but Alison made me feel so comfortable. She allows me the space to express my thoughts, feelings, fears and joys without interruption and incredible patience. I feel that I can share anything in confidence and get an honest response. I have asked that she not 'sugar coat' anything and she obliges without hesitation. In the short time that I have been seeing Alison I have been able to see real progress is how I am feeling and how that is affecting my daily life and that of my family. I am grateful that I found Alison when I did.
Dec 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
I have been seeing Alison weekly for a little under 6 months and she has helped my mental state immensely. I came to her seeking help with anxiety, navigating relationships and substance abuse, and she has been a guiding light through this difficult time. Alison is casual and relatable, which makes her easy to open up to. She has great insights into why we do the things we do, how to conquer self-destructive behavior and unhealthy habits, and how to practice self care in relationships. I definitely recommend Alison for someone seeking a therapist who genuinely cares about the struggles her patients face, while still shooting it to you straight!
Rosie14 – Dec 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
I've been seeing Alison for 2 years now and am very satisfied. She's been very flexible during the covid pandemic which has been extremely helpful as my remote work schedule can make timing difficult.
Aug 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
I have been working with Alison since March and it has been so helpful. She helps me organize my thoughts and is able to give me the insight I need to work through my problems. She is also super flexible and always makes time for me. She calls me out when I am being silly and raises me up when I am down. She is one of the main reasons I have made it through this pandemic so far and I am so appreciative of her.
Stephanie – Jul 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
My 14-year old daughter has been seeing Alison for 6 months and has proved to be invaluable in supporting her through the challenges and changes in adolescence. My daughter looks forward to her sessions with Alison and values the conversations, strategies, and support she has with her. As a family, we are thankful to have Alison on our team!
Erynn N MathewsDavis – Jul 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
Alison has been my therapist since the summer of 2018. She helped me to navigate a painful divorce, and for that I will always be grateful to her. Whether it’s work-related stress, relationships, or how the heck to function during a global pandemic, I know that I can talk to Alison about any issues. She makes sure that I know that we can talk anytime, even more than once a week if needed! She is also flexible with scheduling and always willing to accommodate my crazy schedule. I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a good therapist!
ATL RN – Jul 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
Having Alison in my corner has been a blessing & I cannot imagine going through this crazy time without her. She's shown such humanity & genuineness through this painful time. She has reassured me in my emotions, validating my worry, fear, & stress, all the while being open & honest that she's feeling those things too. Even though she admits having those same feelings, she still tries to instill hope me that we'll get through this together. She emailed me (us all, I bet) lists of ideas of things to do, websites, activities for me & my family to do, online classes, home schooling tips, etc. to help try to stay busy & keep my mind off of the chaos going on. She's always supported my emotions, but her allowing me to feel them & show her humanness too has been invaluable & made me respect her even more. Alison lets me be myself & never ashamed of my feelings. I'd recommend her to anyone looking to be cared about, validated, not judged & supported by a genuine person. Thank you, Alison
Therapy lover – Jun 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
I have been seeing Alison for a few months now. During this crazy covid-19 time, I needed someone in my corner more so than ever. I have found Alison to be caring, insightful, thoughtful, extremely smart and intuitive. She makes our sessions fun and comfortable. I find myself looking forward to our sessions. We're doing good work and I am very grateful. I recommend Alison very highly and encourage anyone looking for an excellent therapist to give her a call.
May 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
My experience with Alison has been life changing. I have been seeing Alison weekly for over 7 years and moved with her to her Decatur office 4 years ago. Her office has become my happy place. She has helped me pull myself up from the deep depths of depression and celebrated the new me, a positive, happy and grateful human being. I can honestly say I am at peace and have learned to love myself. It is essential for me to have her in my corner to keep me honest in good times and challenging times. I had tried a couple of other therapists before meeting Alison, but they couldn't hold a candle to her. I can't recommend Alison highly enough. She is a gift to the world of therapy.
Colleen A Franklin – Feb 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
I've been seeing Alison for the past 4 months or so and it has been immensely helpful for my mental well-being! I had a rough go of it to say the least and Alison helped me sift through my self-defeating thought processes and reframe them in a more positive light. She also helped me get to a place where I can hold myself accountable and also forgive myself when I can't which was something that I have struggled with my whole life. She is incredibly patient, relatable, direct when needed, and genuinely cares to help you grow into a better person. If you need help getting out of your own way, I highly recommend seeing her.
Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
It will soon be a year since I started working with Alison. I'm happy to say I am now lightyears away in a better place than where I was a year ago thanks to her. Since the beginning, she has been very down-to-earth, honest and clear as to what the expectations are. She's been to me an anchor to reality, a lighthouse in a storm, and a kind voice who always guides me in finding a different perspective of things. She has given me a space of safety, trust, humbleness and encouragement where I can freely open my mind and soul. She is a skilful listener, a kind and patient human being who has walked me through learning how to witness the person I am and how I operate. She's hand-held me through re-interpreting the meaning of so many things about me and around me. She has definitely put me in a path towards self-knowledge and I can't thank her enough.
Pablo – Jan 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?

How was your experience with Alison Cole?

• Counseling