Alison Cole, LPC

Counseling •  Female • Age 41

Alison Cole

Work in Progress, LLC

1240 Clairmont Rd Ste 203 Decatur, GA 30030

Alison Cole, LPC is a Counselor in Decatur, GA. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Alison Cole to book an appointment.

Alison Cole's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Alison Cole

4.4

Alison Cole?
What People Say About Alison Cole, LPC
My 14-year old daughter has been seeing Alison for 6 months and has proved to be invaluable in supporting her through the challenges and changes in adolescence. My daughter looks forward to her sessions with Alison and values the conversations, strategies, and support she has with her. As a family, we are thankful to have Alison on our team!
Erynn N MathewsDavis – Jul 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
Alison has been my therapist since the summer of 2018. She helped me to navigate a painful divorce, and for that I will always be grateful to her. Whether it’s work-related stress, relationships, or how the heck to function during a global pandemic, I know that I can talk to Alison about any issues. She makes sure that I know that we can talk anytime, even more than once a week if needed! She is also flexible with scheduling and always willing to accommodate my crazy schedule. I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a good therapist!
ATL RN – Jul 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
Having Alison in my corner has been a blessing & I cannot imagine going through this crazy time without her. She's shown such humanity & genuineness through this painful time. She has reassured me in my emotions, validating my worry, fear, & stress, all the while being open & honest that she's feeling those things too. Even though she admits having those same feelings, she still tries to instill hope me that we'll get through this together. She emailed me (us all, I bet) lists of ideas of things to do, websites, activities for me & my family to do, online classes, home schooling tips, etc. to help try to stay busy & keep my mind off of the chaos going on. She's always supported my emotions, but her allowing me to feel them & show her humanness too has been invaluable & made me respect her even more. Alison lets me be myself & never ashamed of my feelings. I'd recommend her to anyone looking to be cared about, validated, not judged & supported by a genuine person. Thank you, Alison
Therapy lover – Jun 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
I have been seeing Alison for a few months now. During this crazy covid-19 time, I needed someone in my corner more so than ever. I have found Alison to be caring, insightful, thoughtful, extremely smart and intuitive. She makes our sessions fun and comfortable. I find myself looking forward to our sessions. We're doing good work and I am very grateful. I recommend Alison very highly and encourage anyone looking for an excellent therapist to give her a call.
May 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
My experience with Alison has been life changing. I have been seeing Alison weekly for over 7 years and moved with her to her Decatur office 4 years ago. Her office has become my happy place. She has helped me pull myself up from the deep depths of depression and celebrated the new me, a positive, happy and grateful human being. I can honestly say I am at peace and have learned to love myself. It is essential for me to have her in my corner to keep me honest in good times and challenging times. I had tried a couple of other therapists before meeting Alison, but they couldn't hold a candle to her. I can't recommend Alison highly enough. She is a gift to the world of therapy.
Colleen A Franklin – Feb 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
I've been seeing Alison for the past 4 months or so and it has been immensely helpful for my mental well-being! I had a rough go of it to say the least and Alison helped me sift through my self-defeating thought processes and reframe them in a more positive light. She also helped me get to a place where I can hold myself accountable and also forgive myself when I can't which was something that I have struggled with my whole life. She is incredibly patient, relatable, direct when needed, and genuinely cares to help you grow into a better person. If you need help getting out of your own way, I highly recommend seeing her.
Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
It will soon be a year since I started working with Alison. I'm happy to say I am now lightyears away in a better place than where I was a year ago thanks to her. Since the beginning, she has been very down-to-earth, honest and clear as to what the expectations are. She's been to me an anchor to reality, a lighthouse in a storm, and a kind voice who always guides me in finding a different perspective of things. She has given me a space of safety, trust, humbleness and encouragement where I can freely open my mind and soul. She is a skilful listener, a kind and patient human being who has walked me through learning how to witness the person I am and how I operate. She's hand-held me through re-interpreting the meaning of so many things about me and around me. She has definitely put me in a path towards self-knowledge and I can't thank her enough.
Pablo – Jan 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
I started seeing Alison in October of this year. She came highly recommended by my psychiatrist so I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to get in within a week or so of contacting her. Our first session was a “getting to know you”/seeing if we were a good fit. She was very clear about her expectations, the way she practices, and how our time together could be most beneficial. Since then I have seen her almost weekly and I’m happy to report that, because of Alison, I have found a great primary care physician and am currently waiting to see a new GYN- both of which I’ve been struggling for several years to face. Alison believes it’s important to not only take care of the mind (so to speak) but also the body as possible underlying issues could be a factor in emotional state. It’s clear that she cares about the “whole” and not just putting on band aids- which is quite important if you ask me. I look forward to continuing working with her as my experience so far as been excellent.
-K.S. – Nov 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
I've known Alison for 2 years. She has been instrumental in helping to move my life forward from a place of feeling "stuck" and disoriented. She has a way of asking the right questions to get you to contemplate what you actually want out of life and yourself. If you need to find a place of peace, I can't recommend Alison enough.
D. Cobb – Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
Alison has really helped me reshape the way I think in a more positive manner. I’ve enjoyed working with her through my anxiety issues, because she is kind and relatable. It’s been extremely easy for me open up to her.
Nov 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
Alison is an amazing therapist because she is so relatable, funny and kind hearted. She is very direct in a caring and compassionate way. She has helped me face problems that have been weighing me down for years and change the way I react to life. She listens to me and always has great advice. I recommend her to anyone who is ready to get better!
Aug 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
I started working with Alison in February 2018, and it’s been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. The first few months of 2018 have been very difficult, and she has helped me reframe my thoughts and reactions to really stressful situations. She’s easy to open up to, and she challenges me to think about my thoughts, habits, and choices in different ways. She sincerely cares about my progress and my family life. She does everything she can to make sure I get the most out of my sessions.
Kelli in Atlanta, GA – Apr 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
I don't think I've ever had such an amazing therapist! I've been to many and she is the most honest, uplifting, and generous person. I truly appreciate the discussions we have and I'm finally starting to feel like myself again. It takes a truly special person to be in this field and takes some serious effort to work this hard for their patients. She's an amazing therapist and I'm so glad I finally found someone like her to help me through life.
Bianca in Atlanta, GA – Feb 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
When I first meet with Alison I was overwhelmed with anxiety and grief. She listened to my fears and concerns and helped to calm me. She helped me to navigate through the land mines and helped me to quell my anxieties and manage my grief. I would definitely recommend Alison to anyone seeking an effective therapist.
Stone Mountain, GA – Oct 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
Working with Alison has been a remarkably positive experience. She has very obviously taken great care to create a comfortable environment for her clients. Sessions with Alison have been different in tone and construct as needed. She has been able to adapt to the issue or problem I wanted to discuss at any given time while also guiding the discussion when needed. I would recommend Alison to anyone seeking a caring therapist.
Aug 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
Alison has been my counselor for over 2 years. During one of our weekly sessions Alison taught me that holding a grudge hurts you and only you. Because of her I have forgiven my father and am working on loving myself. She continues to help me with social/general anxiety and stress. I am so grateful for her honesty and support. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have her light in my life and her excellent advice.
Lizlemon in Atlanta, GA – Jul 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
I have been looking for a therapist that makes me feel secure and valued. Alison fits both categories! I feel "listened to" and get great advice on how to face my problems. Alison has given me great tools to navigate through my everyday ups and downs. She is a real gem.
May 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
Alison is a fun and energetic woman with nothing but wisdom and kindness to share! I've never met someone so understanding and nonjudgemental to all of my problems, all the while not putting up with any of my crap. She is awesome!!!
Loganville, GA – Apr 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
Alison is an amazing therapist. She has helped me get through some tough situations. She is a great listener and is able to pick up on even the most subtle hints that I say, and some that I don't. She's great at reading in between the lines and knowing how to address certain topics to ensure that the conversation is constructive and progress can be made.
Decatur, GA – Mar 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?
My daughter was having problems coping with the stress teenagers face - grades, popularity, feeling left out, etc. She became depressed and was withdrawing from me and those around her. Alison is helping her to realize that she is not the only one experiencing these feeling and ways to deal with them. My daughter loves her and speaks freely with her. I would recommend her highly.
Ann F in Lawrenceville, GA – Jul 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Alison Cole, LPC?

How was your experience with Alison Cole?

• Counseling