Dr. Alexander Babayants, MD

Dr. Alexander Babayants, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Alexander Babayants, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Newark, NJ. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Read his story

111 Central Ave Bldg 3

Newark, NJ 07102

Learn about Dr. Babayants

See how frequently Dr. Babayants performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Psychosis
Psychiatric Evaluation
Anxiety
high

Dr. Babayants's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Babayants' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Babayants "I was trained at five Major Academics at this country and oversees. I have been practicing as a Medical Doctor for forty years and i have a confidence, knowledge and experience to help a vast majority of my patients. I know how to help and alleviate the "pain" and install a hope in a vulnerable mind of my dear patients. "

This content was provided by Dr. Babayants "This doctor evaluates individuals with Autism, Behavioral problems and provide Outpatient Detox.

Tel: (973) 699-6762 Email: newarkbethatgmailcom"

• Psychiatry

Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*
  • Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Confusion
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Gender Dysphoria
  • Mania
  • Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

1 Sanction
  • Injudicious Prescribing (6/5/2017)
    Action Taken: Revocation, Surrender, Suspension of Controlled Substance License
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: New Jersey

• Board Certified in Addiction Medicine
    Other Education | Completed 2014
  • Board Certified in Adult Psychiatry
    Other Education | Completed 2009

Dr. Babayants has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Babayants has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Babayants does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Babayants and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Babayants' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Babayants to family and friends
2.6
Dr. Babayants' Performance
    FAIR
in Harrison nj |
Dr babayants, has work hard to help me with my addiction with the vivitrol shot and med management...he's a lil ruff around the edges but once you get to no him he's really an awesome Dr, and pretty cool.. his office assistant Alexia is the best she help out with what ever you need .... Thanks guys
Newark, NJ |
You are seen in order from who showed up first even if you have an “appointment”. You can drop by at any time if you need to be seen but only get simple responses to text/emails such as “ok” or “come now”. I’ve waited 10 minutes to an hour and a half. Dr doesn’t understand what is Being explained to him. . Very small waiting area. Stated my expectations were to high by wanting someone who listens and explains. Belittles you and turns things you say around.
This man only communicates through very rude text message conversations, such as "what you need" or "?". For someone that supposedly specializes in mental health he lacks some very basic human communication skills. Due to his inability to conversate as a professional medical practitioner, It was simply impossible to schedule an appointment with him.
Newark, NJ |
He is rude, unprofessional, rushes people out in under 5 minutes and often (8 out of 10) times writes scripts with missing refills. He dosen't care about his patiences, all he cares about is money. Charges $150.00 cash for a 3 minute session in which he spends typing and texting After 4 prescription in one year, all missing refills, then he doesn't approve it over the phone with the pharmacy and tells you to come in then tries to charge you and extra $50 for his mistake. Avoid him at all costs.
Dr. Babyants is a true professional. I have been in his care for 5 years. He is always been there when I need him, no matter the time...day or night. I recently changed medications and he contacted me daily to see how it was working out. In my experience the only people who have problems with him are those who do not understand the word "no" and have been spoiled with other pay to play doctors. Dr. Babayants does not entertain such shenanigans nor does he run a charity.
Nutley, NJ |
I have had about 3 visits with the doctor, I like him, he is direct and to the point. He can read people by observation and questions asked. I also speak frankly and like that he is direct and to the point. Being only about 5 weeks into addressing my issues, I feel I'm getting better. I'm thankful to have Dr. Babayants treating me.
Bayonne, NJ |
I went to see this doctor around one and a half years ago when he was on Jefferson Avenue and he was horrible. All he cared about was money and he did not accept my Medicaid. In order to get more medication he makes you come every 7-10 days. I don't know how this is legal by any means. he has no compassion and never gives you a scheduled appointment. Thankfully, I found another doctor and am very happy now with my care. Avoid him and he doesn't accept insurance!
Newark, NJ |
This guy shouldn't be able to even be a Doctor for Mental Health..The way he talks to patients he'll make you want to kill your self..He is soooo mean and Nasty...Worse Mental Health Psychiatric Office Ever....
in Sparta, NJ |
I have been seeing Dr.B for over a year and half. He is a great guy that understands and listened to my problems. He definitely helped save ny life. Treats with respect as long as you do same. Here to help you so don't lie and be open so he can help the best way fir you.
in Media, PA |
Dr. Babayants is unprofessional, selfish & completely inappropriate as my family experienced during a recent hospital stay. His response to all my questions was “I don’t remember” or “I don’t know the details.” He made sure to say he was “very busy” & didn’t have the time to be spending talking with me. Dr. Babayants is not someone I would ever choose for medical care. Being ignorant, unprofessional, & undedicated to the patient, especially for a child, is grounds for dismissal in my book.
Wayne, NJ |
This?guy is a mess; avoid. Despite seeing unfavorable reviews on Healthgrades & Vitals, I reached out because I was drawn to his mission statement about his desire to help people. All he wants is your money on his time. He only schedules via single word texts. Charges $150 a visit, doesn't take insurance and spends about 2-4 minutes per visit. Expect others to hear everything you're saying as the door remains open while others sit outside waiting. No appointments, show up and hope he does too.
incorrect Accept all insurances, including Medicaid
Have you seen Dr. Alexander Babayants, MD?

Visit Dr. Babayants