Albert Potash, MA

Albert Potash, MA

Marriage & Family Therapy  ·
Albert Potash, MA is a marriage & family therapist in Torrance, CA. He specializes in marriage & family therapy, counseling, and more.Read his story

24050 Madison St Ste 202

• Health Net
  • Health Net of California

Learn about Albert Potash

Albert Potash's bio

This content was provided by Albert Potash "Emotions and thoughts can be overwhelming. They can sometimes feel like a constant, distracting background noise. Clients sometimes compare their brains to "a hamster on a wheel". A noisy brain that is distracting , draining and all too often active at bedtime. These wearing thoughts and feelings can prevent us from ever fully coming to rest. We no longer have perspective, clarity or even pleasure. Instead life is reduced to making the best of our stress and unhappiness. My specialty is treating the root cause of these troublesome thoughts and feelings versus "managing" them. In my practice I offer clients practical tools to identify an emotionally "fragmented" state and then use the techniques to generate options and choices."

This content was provided by Albert Potash "At the Effective Therapy Group we have two goals. The first is to offer an appointment within two days. The second goal is to have you seen by a specialists."

• Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Grief and Bereavement
  • Individual Counseling
  • Psychotherapy
  • Substance Abuse Counseling

Albert Potash does not have any board certifications listed.

• Addiction
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Family Counseling

No malpractice history found for California.

• State University Of Ny At Plattsburgh
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1972
  • Antioch University
    Other Education | Completed 1980

Albert Potash has no awards or honors listed.

Albert Potash has no media or publications listed.

Albert Potash does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Albert Potash and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Albert Potash's Reviews

3.9
Likelihood of recommending Albert Potash to family and friends

Albert Potash's Performance

This place is wonderful. The therapists are smart, kind and good at helping people get past their hurts, struggles and issues that keep them from
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I was in treatment with Al for over three years, I found him smart, compassionate, and kind. His approch helped me deal with a long history of intursive anxiety, I have referred friends to him. Excellent therapist
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I have received help from Al for the last 2 years. He is so insightful, understanding, and has a lot of wisdom. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
This experience was a sad one - can't recommend Al Potash as it was a one way business transaction in which he got paid for what seems like, clock counting for dollars. Found him online,the representations he makes on his website and his other sales and marketing pages are impressive - even meeting...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option7thumbs down icon option1

It seems I let you down. I can usually tell when someone is unhappy or upset with me. I'm sorry I missed it. I am more than willing to talk with you . In fact, I am willing to see you for a free session so we can find a resolution or least allow you to feel seen and heard . I'm not OK with folks feeling sad and disappointed in relation to me. Sincerely Al

Al is attentive and caring. He helped me to overcome my anxiety and I am very gratefull.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option0

Nearby providers with similar experience

Relationship Counseling