Alba Castaneda, LPC

Alba Castaneda, LPC

Counseling  ·
Female
Alba Castaneda, LPC is a counselor in Vernon Hills, IL. She specializes in counseling, psychology, and more.Read her story

175 E Hawthorn Pkwy Ste 235

Vernon Hills, IL 60061

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

Learn about Alba Castaneda

Alba Castaneda's bio

This content was provided by Alba Castaneda "More often than not, people share with me the difficulties they have in asking for help. When I hear this, I'm grateful they have found their way to my office because asking for assistance takes self-awareness and courage, which is already half the battle towards a better life. My counseling approach is person centered; I believe therapy is an individual process that helps clients safely begin a journey of self-exploration, understanding, adjustment and ultimately happiness. I believe in your ability to guide me through your world and together we can find the best pathway towards your unique goals. I am a compassionate and a genuine counselor that believes in the power of warm, healthy relationships to heal the distress of painful life experiences. I provide a nonjudgmental, safe and specially tailored environment just for you. Above all, I am here for you. After earning my Master of Science in Counseling, I became a Licensed Professional Counselor through the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation and a School Counselor through the Illinois State Board of Education. In addition, by meeting national standards for education, training and experience, I became a National Certified Counselor (NCC). My professional experience is diverse; I have worked with troubled youth in a correctional center in Mexico, as well as be a college admissions counselor and now school counselor in Illinois. I also have experience with nonprofits, educational and youth mentoring settings. I have a unique perspective about cross-cultural challenges, language barriers, immigration, behavioral issues, academic struggles, college and career preparation, adolescent and family issues, depression and anxiety.Strategies: (Eclectic approach) Person Centered, Reality Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Rational and Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT), Solution-Focused Therapy (SFT), Mindfulness and Relaxation Techniques. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my teenage daughter and visiting family and friends. I love traveling and experiencing new cultures"

This content was provided by Alba Castaneda "My counseling approach is person centered; I believe therapy is an individual process that helps clients safely begin a journey of self-exploration, understanding, adjustment and ultimately happiness. I believe in your ability to guide me through your world and together we can find the best pathway towards your unique goals. I am a compassionate and a genuine counselor that believes in the power of warm, healthy relationships to heal the distress of painful life experiences. I provide a nonjudgmental, safe and specially tailored environment just for you. Above all, I am here for you. "

• Counseling
  • Individual Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Psychology
  • Women's Counseling

Alba Castaneda does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD Testing
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Psychological Testing
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Education data for Alba Castaneda is unavailable at this time.

Alba Castaneda has no awards or honors listed.

Alba Castaneda has no media or publications listed.

Alba Castaneda does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Alba Castaneda and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Alba Castaneda's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Alba Castaneda to family and friends
Are you Alba Castaneda?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Marriage & Family Therapy