Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD

Marriage & Family Therapy ·  Male · Age 61

Dr. Zwerdling
170 State Route 35 Red Bank, NJ 07701

Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD is a marriage & family therapist in Red Bank, NJ and has been practicing for 35 years. He graduated from University Of Maine in 1984 and specializes in marriage & family therapy, counseling, and more.

Dr. Zwerdling's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Zwerdling

4.1

Dr. Zwerdling?
Dr. Zwerdling's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Zwerdling helped me navigate through a very difficult situation. He was compassionate and listened carefully to what I had to say. His thoughtful questions and expert guidance were invaluable and allowed me to deal with a painful life changing event in the most supportive way. I am grateful to Dr. Zwerdling.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
Dr. Zwerdling is a wonderful, kind and understanding therapist. We were going through a very difficult time in our marriage and Dr. Zwerdling helped us open up the lines of communication, work through hurt and pain, and learn to listen to each other. He was very sympathetic and understanding, and his knowledge and manner were always reassuring. Overall he created a safe environment in which to talk and to explore difficult topics.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
I can’t say enough great things about Dr. Alan Zwerdling. He is a kind, compassionate and caring therapist. He helped my husband and I through a very difficult time in our marriage. I have referred him to many of my friends for either private and/or marriage therapy. He is an amazing therapist and I highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
Caring, compassionate and so knowledgeable. Couldn't have done it without him. Highly recommend him to anyone needing support.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
My husband and I sought out Dr Zwerdling to help us overcome some issues and was particularly helpful in teaching us to better communicate. I am very grateful for his assistance and appreciated his caring manner, equal respect and attention for each of us and his comfort in working with a same sex couple. I would recommend him to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
WE went to the right person for couple counseling. His kindness and ability to zero in on our basic differences was a pleasure to listen to. We work on his suggestions still. We are not getting any younger, being 80 now, and we want to be happier with each other for the days we have left. If you want to help yourself as we did, see Dr. Alan Zwerdling. He deserves an A+
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
Dr. Zwerdling is a kind, compassionate therapist who worked well with my husband and me. It takes a truly patient man to sit and listen to two completely different people and be compassionate to both. Alan’s gentle approach was refreshing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
Extremely caring and understanding. I appreciated his honesty and non judgmental demeanor. Highly recommended
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
My wife and I have a generally good marriage with great communication. However, we had a few issues that were threatening to hijack the marriage. Of course this was very troubling to the both of us, so I, at her suggestion agreed to go to Dr. Z for counseling. It would be an understatement to say I was skeptical heading into therapy. It would also be an understatement to say Dr. Z helped my wife and I develop the tools to make sure our marriage didn't derail. This man is a supernova. I can't sa
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
While my husband and I were going through a divorce last year we sought the help of Dr. Zwerdling. He was extremely professional, unbiased, and supportive. He listened intently to both my husband and I and helped us find and execute better ways to communicate with each other. Without Dr. Zwerdling's counseling I would find it hard to believe that my ex and I would be in as good of a relationship as we are now.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
Dr. Z was great, putting both my husband and I at ease from the very start. He was able to see both the male and female points of view and able to help us successfully work on crucial parts of our relationship.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
Dr. Zwerdling is a kind, compassionate man. He my husband and I get through a very dark time in our marriage of 42 years, with infidelity. (husbands doing) I can say, I myself would not be where I am today if it wasn't for his knowledge and expertise. He makes you feel so comfortable with his soft manner and helps you to see that sometimes it really isn't your fault, especially in my case. Along with this, my mother passed away and I was estranged from my siblings. The days and nights seemed dar
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Zwerdling?

In my work with you, either individually or as a couple, I will provide a truly safe, caring, supportive and accepting space to help you feel heard and understood.  As an emotionally focused therapist, I will help you to explore the feelings ben...

• Marriage & Family Therapy

• Couples Therapy
  • Depression Treatment
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Divorce
  • Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
  • Individual Therapy
  • Intimacy Problems
  • Marital and Family Psychotherapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Mood Disorders
  • Phase of Life Problem
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • PTSD Treatment