Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD

Marriage & Family Therapy •  Male • Age 62

Dr. Zwerdling
170 State Route 35 Red Bank, NJ 07701

Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD is a Marriage & Family Therapist in Red Bank, NJ and has over 36 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Maine medical school in 1984. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Zwerdling to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Marriage & Family Therapists in your area

See similar Marriage & Family Therapists in Red Bank

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Zwerdling accepts

Dr. Zwerdling accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Check if Dr. Zwerdling treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Zwerdling's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Couples Therapy
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Divorce
  • Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
  • Individual Therapy
  • Intimacy Problems
  • Marital and Family Psychotherapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Mood Disorders
  • Phase of Life Problem
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • PTSD Treatment

Dr. Zwerdling's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Zwerdling

4.3

Dr. Zwerdling?
Dr. Zwerdling was fantastic. he really helped us to understand what to do . His approach was very even and balanced and was able to see recommend several great reading source to help us with the process. His guidance is greatly appreciated.
Sep 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
I went to Dr. Zwerdling for individual counseling. It did not take long to feel comfortable with him and safe to discuss anything. He is a very genuine and caring person. With his help, I had breakthroughs to long standing beliefs that no longer held true and I was able to let go of them. He has also given me the tools to be able to better deal with the stresses of life that were causing much anxiety. The time spent with Dr Zwerdling was truly an investment in myself.
Sep 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
Fantastic counselor. I received tremendous help from Dr Zwerdling.
Sep 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
Dr. Zwerdling is a phenomenal resource. His warmth and empathy are inviting, and his practical understanding of emotional connections drive real results. Time with him unlocks the impossible. We recommend him all of the time!
K & C – Aug 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
Dr. Zwerdling is fantastic. My fiancé and I went in addition to pre cana because we wanted to focus on having the right tools in our toolkit first marriage. Dr. Z is patient, kind, and my husband who is not very expressive was able to feel comfortable expressing his feelings with Dr. Z’s help. We continue to see him occasionally for tune ups as well. Couldn’t recommend him more highly. Very smart and good at his work.
Jul 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
Dr. Z provided a wonderful atmosphere for discussion and reflection, especially for someone not readily willing to open up.
Jul 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
I saw Dr Zwerdling over a long period of time for panic , anxiety and past trauma. It was a slow process for me to learn to trust someone enough to talk openly. There were many ups and downs for me and while it wasn’t always pretty for me, I can say for certain that it was Alan’s patience, kindness, focus and ability to push gently while allowing me move at a pace that I could handle that led me to much needed healing.
Jan 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
Dr. Zwerdling helped me navigate through a very difficult situation. He was compassionate and listened carefully to what I had to say. His thoughtful questions and expert guidance were invaluable and allowed me to deal with a painful life changing event in the most supportive way. I am grateful to Dr. Zwerdling.
Oct 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
Dr. Zwerdling is a wonderful, kind and understanding therapist. We were going through a very difficult time in our marriage and Dr. Zwerdling helped us open up the lines of communication, work through hurt and pain, and learn to listen to each other. He was very sympathetic and understanding, and his knowledge and manner were always reassuring. Overall he created a safe environment in which to talk and to explore difficult topics.
none – Oct 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
I can’t say enough great things about Dr. Alan Zwerdling. He is a kind, compassionate and caring therapist. He helped my husband and I through a very difficult time in our marriage. I have referred him to many of my friends for either private and/or marriage therapy. He is an amazing therapist and I highly recommend!
Hannah in NJ – Oct 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
Caring, compassionate and so knowledgeable. Couldn't have done it without him. Highly recommend him to anyone needing support.
May 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
My husband and I sought out Dr Zwerdling to help us overcome some issues and was particularly helpful in teaching us to better communicate. I am very grateful for his assistance and appreciated his caring manner, equal respect and attention for each of us and his comfort in working with a same sex couple. I would recommend him to others.
Jan 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
WE went to the right person for couple counseling. His kindness and ability to zero in on our basic differences was a pleasure to listen to. We work on his suggestions still. We are not getting any younger, being 80 now, and we want to be happier with each other for the days we have left. If you want to help yourself as we did, see Dr. Alan Zwerdling. He deserves an A+
Mary Hughes in Naples Fl. & Mantoloking NJ – Dec 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
Dr. Zwerdling is a kind, compassionate therapist who worked well with my husband and me. It takes a truly patient man to sit and listen to two completely different people and be compassionate to both. Alan’s gentle approach was refreshing!
Middletown, NJ – Oct 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
Extremely caring and understanding. I appreciated his honesty and non judgmental demeanor. Highly recommended
Toms River, NJ – Sep 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
My wife and I have a generally good marriage with great communication. However, we had a few issues that were threatening to hijack the marriage. Of course this was very troubling to the both of us, so I, at her suggestion agreed to go to Dr. Z for counseling. It would be an understatement to say I was skeptical heading into therapy. It would also be an understatement to say Dr. Z helped my wife and I develop the tools to make sure our marriage didn't derail. This man is a supernova. I can't sa
Phill D. in NJ – Jul 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
While my husband and I were going through a divorce last year we sought the help of Dr. Zwerdling. He was extremely professional, unbiased, and supportive. He listened intently to both my husband and I and helped us find and execute better ways to communicate with each other. Without Dr. Zwerdling's counseling I would find it hard to believe that my ex and I would be in as good of a relationship as we are now.
Neptune, NJ – Mar 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
Dr. Z was great, putting both my husband and I at ease from the very start. He was able to see both the male and female points of view and able to help us successfully work on crucial parts of our relationship.
Red Bank, NJ – Feb 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?
Dr. Zwerdling is a kind, compassionate man. He my husband and I get through a very dark time in our marriage of 42 years, with infidelity. (husbands doing) I can say, I myself would not be where I am today if it wasn't for his knowledge and expertise. He makes you feel so comfortable with his soft manner and helps you to see that sometimes it really isn't your fault, especially in my case. Along with this, my mother passed away and I was estranged from my siblings. The days and nights seemed dar
BLM in Middletown NJ – Aug 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zwerdling, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Zwerdling?

In my work with you, either individually or as a couple, I will provide a truly safe, caring, supportive and accepting space to help you feel heard and understood.  As an emotionally focused therapist, I will help you to explore the feelings ben...Read more

• Marriage & Family Therapy