Dr. Alan Zimmerman, PHD

Psychology ·  Male

Dr. Zimmerman
7400 E Arapahoe Rd Ste 208 Centennial, CO 80112

Dr. Alan Zimmerman, PHD is a psychologist in Centennial, CO. He specializes in psychology and clinical psychology.

Dr. Zimmerman accepts

Dr. Zimmerman accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
AvMed
Cofinity
Cofinity PPO
Rocky Mountain Health Plans
Rocky Mountain Health Plans HMO

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check if Dr. Zimmerman treats your condition or procedure

4.0

Dr. Zimmerman?
Dr. Zimmerman's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alan Zimmerman, PHD
Saw Dr. Zimmerman for awhile. His style of therapy isn't for me as it felt like nothing was ever worked through or accomplished. In the end it proved to be very frustrating. On the plus side he is very non-judgmental, patient, and of even temperament. Okay to talk to about the small stuff, just wish for the big stuff therapy was of more help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zimmerman, PHD?
He is helping me currently with the death of my brother and is intelligent and a caring individual.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zimmerman, PHD?
Has left a scarred relationship with son. Typical session is "Dr." Zimmerman with bravado making assertions, pumping son up, and setting up for failure. Commits family to goals and timelines without consulting and doing so if front of son on the fly during session leading to more disillusionment. No continuity, each session out of control. No recognition of family dynamics or other challenges (i.e. autistic brother!). Should be reviewed and undergo training or remove license.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zimmerman, PHD?
I was a patient of Dr. Zimmerman’s several years ago and happened to have an appointment at the same office suite today and felt like sharing my experience. I have been to a handful of psychiatrists and therapists throughout the years and Dr. Zimmerman stands out. He was Intelligent, insightful, a good listener and I always felt that he cared about me and it showed up in our work. I couldnt have asked for a better person to help me at that time in my life. I would highly recommend trying him out
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zimmerman, PHD?
Dr. Zimmerman is a compassionate, intelligent provider who has absolutely been a wonderful asset to our family. His insight and challenges have greatly helped our communication. I recommend him highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zimmerman, PHD?
I accompanied my 18-year-old son, who is having depression issues, to an initial visit with Alan Zimmerman. This therapist was dismissive about the seriousness of my son’s depression after glancing at a survey and before even talking with him. He also was belittling of descriptions of emotional and verbal abuse. Zimmerman’s style of counseling is aggressive in questioning; bullying and controlling of conversations; dismissive and judgmental of concerns, comments and feelings.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zimmerman, PHD?
Our family is very appreciative of Dr. Zimmerman's welcoming all family members and girlfriend to join our son in his sessions. This helped all of us understand what our son was working on and helped us better support him. We credit Dr. Z with saving our son's life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zimmerman, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Zimmerman?