Podiatry  |
Dr. Alan Spector, DPM
Dr. Spector has been practicing podiatric medicine at the Jersey Shore for approximately 25 years. Growing up on Long Island, this shore community was a perfect fit. Dr. Spector participated in athletics his entire childhood and young adulthood. Like many athletes, Dr. Spector suffered various injuries. On a number of occasions, Dr. Spector was treated successfully by podiatrists in his neighborhood. For that reason, it sparked an interest in the field of podiatric medicine and surgery. Dr. Spector's philosophy is to treat patients the way he would want his family to be treated. In his office, you never feel rushed for time. He will spend adequate time to discuss your concerns and treatment options. Dr. Spector is board-certified foot surgery. Some surgical procedures can be performed in the office, however for the more at risk patients or more complicated procedures, hospital-based surgery will be performed. Most surgeries are considered same day surgery. Dr. Spector attended The State University of New York at Stony Brook as an undergraduate student where he achieved his bachelor of science. He then went on to postgraduate at The Temple College of Podiatric Medicine, Philadelphia Pennsylvania. Following achieving his medical degree, he went on to completing his surgical residency in Philadelphia Pennsylvania. Dr. Spector continues his medical education, traveling to several medical conferences per year to learn about new techniques and innovations in his field. Dr. Spector has published articles discussing specific conditions of the foot and ankle. Dr. Spector was in Monmouth County, New Jersey with his wife and 2 children who are currently in college.

2424 Bridge Ave Ste 2

• MagnaCare
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Spector

Dr. Spector will listen to you! In this era of "assembly-line" medical care it is good to know that there still are doctors who will listen to the patients concerns. Dr. Spector,  by spending quality time with the patient, can help to better diagnose at treat the condition. We pride ourselves in educating the patient so that any decisions that are made are fully thought out and understood by all parties.

Dr. Spector is a certified surgeon. However, all conservative measures are explored try to any surgical intervention will be performed.

Dr. Spector is extremely compassionate and treats all patients with respect. He visits patients local nursing facilities and even treats home-bound patients to the privacy of their own home. YES, Dr. Spector makes house calls.

Dr. Spector's Experience

Dr. Spector's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Podiatry

• Nail Avulsion and Excision
  • Posterior Heel Spur Surgery
  • Removal of Bone Spur
  • Wound Care and Management

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• State University Of New York / Health Science Center At Stony Brook
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1985
  • Temple University / Pennsylvania College Of Podiatric Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Metro Hosp Parkview Div
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Spector has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Spector does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Spector and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Spector's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Spector to family and friends
Dr. Spector's Performance
in Belmar, NJ |
I have been coming to Dr. Spector for a number of years now, I come for a pedicure, It is a pleasure visiting with him, he is a very Gentile and personable man and makes you feel very comfortable. I enjoy my visit every few months. The staff are all very helpful and pleasant.
Toms River, NJ |
A doctor who listens, and acts accordingly. Can't ask for more! Been going to Dr. Spector for 25 years, and couldn't be happier with any doctor!
in Point Pleasant Boro, NJ |
I had a very painful ingrown and infected toenail last fall. It was the only time I've ever had that and I was very nervous about the procedure to remove it. Dr. Spector and his staff were very kind, patient, and reassuring. The day I went in for the procedure, he was very kind, explained what he was doing, and there wasn't a bit of pain involved. I actually a very pleasant and relaxing time.
in Brick, NJ |
My mom went to Dr. Spector until her death last year. He was fabulous with her. She had always been in pain for years until she stated going to Dr. Spector Now my husband and I are patients too. He has an excellent bedside manner and is an excellent doctor. A rare combination these days. The office staff has always been pleasant to deal with and you are taken at your appointment time. I would definitely recommend to my family and friends going to Dr. Spector.
in Long Branch |
Dr.Spector is a rare occurrence in today's healthcare!! He takes his time and you never feel rushed or hurried . He listens and the icing is he's a AWESOME DR!!! Office staff professional and always pleasant .. Will highly recommend
in Eatontown, NJ |
Dr. Spector is exceptionally thorough with regard to exams and treatments. I can easily recommend the use of his podiatric services without any reservations.
in Brick, NJ |
Excellent attention to detail. Listens to his patients. Very thorough. Takes the time to explain everything and answer all questions or concerns.
in Brielle, NJ |
Cozy and warm atmosphere in the office. Office staff friendly and helpful - from the initial phone call to the time of arrival. Dr. Spector was very compassionate and easy to talk to. He listened to my concerns, took x-rays in the office, and diagnosed the problem. I had seen couple of other foot doctors in the area who did not help me. Within 1 week, I am pain-free for the 1st time in months. Highly recommend the office of Dr. Spector!!!!
in Brick, NJ |
It was a very pleasant and easy experience with Dr. Spector and his staff. From the moment I made the appointment, the process was smooth. Has an infection in my foot. Staff got me in the same day. Dr. Spector diagnosed and treated the condition well - painlessly. Highly recommend !
in Brick, NJ |
I had terrible pains in my feet for twenty years. Went to at least 10 doctors who were going to take the bone out of my big woe, shot me up with steroids etc etc. Dr Spector cured my feet and sent me for physical therapy. I am 81 years old and can walk two miles every day with out pain. I highly recommend Dr Spector to everyone.
Dr. Spector is excellent. He explains everything to you and makes sure you understand everything he is doing. He takes all the needed time with you and never rushes you through your appointment. His office staff is efficient and always pleasant and friendly. I would rcommend Dr. Spector to a friend.
in Washington, NJ |
Dr. Spector and his staff have been an absolute pleasure to deal with. I was seen immediately right at my appointment time. The care I received was pain free. I would highly recommend Dr Spector to my friends in family.
Brick, NJ |
Rude Staff
in Point Pleasant Borough NJ |
Dr Spector has been my podiatrist for over 10 years now.i find him to be a professional dedicated to provide the best possible foot care. His
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ |
My husband has been seeing Dr Spector for several visits and he is always very professional, cordial as well as is his staff .
in Brick, NJ |
Dr. Spector is very professional and friendly. I always feel much better once I have had a visit with him. I had bunion surgery by the Doctor and everything went well. The Doctor and his staff are terrific.
in Brick, NJ |
I have been a patient at Shore Podiatry under the care of Dr. Spector for many years. I have been most pleased with his care and would recomment him to those who are in need of such services. Janet Peterson
Dr. Spector is gentle, compassionate, and always takes the time to explain your treatment for that day and the future. He also employs a friendly staff that is always willing to answer questions and help in any way they can!
in Brick, NJ 08723 |
Dr. Spector is a really good Dr. I like the way he handles your problems. I would recommend him to all my friends and family members.
in Point Pleasant, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Spector's for many years and have never had even the beginning of a problem with him or his staff. They are all friendly and willing to go the extra mile for their patients. Dr. Spector is a fine podiatrist and I suggest if you are in need of foot care you will not go wrong with him.
Brick, NJ |
He has treated my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, me, and now my granddaughter! We were all pleased with the services rendered from making (or changing) appointments, the doctors expertise, and scheduling follow-up appointments. I now am recommending him to friends, too.
Spring Lake, NJ |
From the time I spoke with the friendly person who made my appointment, then was so pleased when they called to offer me an appointment sooner that opened up- I was so impressed with this practice.The woman at the desk was so nice and friendly! I really liked the Dr, he was friendly and excellent in his care. I would highly , highly recommend this practice.
Have you seen Dr. Alan Spector, DPM?
Are you Dr. Spector?