Dr. Adam Pasciak, PHD

Dr. Adam Pasciak, PHD

Clinical Psychology  ·
Dr. Adam Pasciak, PHD is a clinical psychologist in Clarkston, MI. He specializes in clinical psychology, counseling, and more.Read his story

3604 Clarkston Rd Ste 102

• Health Net
  • HealthPlus of Michigan

Learn about Dr. Pasciak

Dr. Pasciak's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Pasciak "Dr. Adam Pasciak is a retired police officer and author of the book: After the Smoke Clears: Surviving the Police Shooting–An Analysis of Post Officer-Involved Shooting Trauma, Second Edition. For many of us, problems with concentration, low energy or motivation, and conflict with those close to us can make each day a challenge, resulting in unhealthy coping methods such as substance use, isolation, avoidance, and verbal/physical outbursts designed to push others away. Oftentimes, anxiety and depression are the cause for these difficulties, and the resulting behaviors have been developed in response to negative situations. I help clients using elements from a cognitive behavioral approach to treat issues such as anxiety and panic attacks, bi-polar disorder, communication difficulties, depression, guilt, bereavement and grief, low self-esteem, dealing with trauma (including childhood experiences), anger issues, addiction, pain management, family/behavior problems, and some GLB issues. I rely on a solution-focused, collaborative approach to problem solving where we explore the thoughts involved with the resulting behaviors and healthier ways to get the things we want. I have been trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), which is an acknowledged treatment for trauma. This training also influences much of what I do in session. I have found that our earlier experiences and learning greatly affect the way we later experience the world and view our selves. The EMDR allows us to change the way we view those experiences and is often the key to moving forward and achieving happiness with our selves and others. I have been affiliated with the first responder community for the past 25 years and I am a member of the Oakland County Critical Response Organization (OCCRO) team, which is a volunteer organization that provides debriefing to individuals following exposure to traumatic incidents. My specific area of interest is working with members of law enforcement (including officers & dispatchers), fire & rescue personnel, and nurses & medical personnel. While my research has been largely in the area of attachment, law enforcement, trauma, and men's issues, I have experience in a wide range of clinical settings that allows me to effectively work with a variety of clients, including men, women, children and adolescents. I do allow a sliding scale for individuals who do not have insurance. Send e-mails to me at DocAdam@lakeorioncc.com"

This content was provided by Dr. Pasciak "I work from a collaborative, solution focused approach that combines cognitive behavioral therapy with elements from trauma therapy. I am caring and I believe that my role is to help you find whatever it is that is getting in the way of your mental health."

• Clinical Psychology
  • Adult Clinical Psychology
  • Adult Psychology
  • Counseling
  • Men's Health Psychology
  • Psychological Trauma

Dr. Pasciak does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Family Counseling
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Wayne State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2001
  • New Oakland Child, Adolescent, and Family Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Wayne County Jail
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Walden University
    Other Education | Completed 2012

Dr. Pasciak has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Pasciak does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pasciak and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pasciak's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pasciak to family and friends
Dr. Pasciak Says:
"

I take client feedback seriously and use it to improve my approaches to situations and individual clients.

"
Are you Dr. Pasciak?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Anxiety Disorders