Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 63

Dr. Rajput

Brick Psychiatric Services

3445 US Highway 9 Howell, NJ 07731

Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Howell, NJ and has been practicing for 21 years. He graduated from University Of Sind / Chandka Medical College and specializes in psychiatry, addiction psychiatry, and more.

Dr. Rajput's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rajput

2.2

Dr. Rajput?
Dr. Rajput's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD
Find yourself a psychiatrist who is interested in you as a patient, this man is not. prescribed six different meds for simple depression and was insulted when I expressed my concern for being overmedicated. Two of the drugs were not even for depression, one was for bipolar the other schizophrenia. He is not interested in patient care just overmedicates hoping one does the trick. Office is rude and have to wait 1 1/2 hr in waiting room for each visit.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
This man literally prescribed me klonipin for a few months then took me off completely. I asked for a taper down he told me to go to detox. I called a detox center and told them the schedule of when I was taking my medicine and they told me I was not severe enough for detox and that I had to go to a psychiatrist to be tapered off. The detox was astonished he would not taper me off and told me to go into detox. It’s not only him it’s his assistant. They are uncaring and extremely egotistical
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Rajput for over 6 years. He always gives me as much time as I need. He is a very smart man. I suffer from severe Panic Attacks. My Mom had them as does my sister. Dr Rajput has put me on a few medications that have really helped me. He has always been a true pro when dealing with me and I'm very happy with his office! J. Adams Howell. N.J.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
Dr Rajput is a disgrace to the medical field. He had his assistant try to prescribe me Zoloft after asking me only 2 questions, and the Dr refused to even LOOK ME IN THE EYES. How sad and unprofessional is that. People actually need help and he just wants to shut them up. The assistant wasn’t condescending, rude, and tried to get me in and out as fast as possible. I asked for my co pay back and am reporting them to the medical association.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
I've never exactly had a good psychiatrist in my experience, but this is one is a little different. He isn't too bad and he listens to you when you have concerns/questions. I rate him average, but I really have to say something about the receptionist desk. Those people are rude, disrespectful, and inconsiderate of the patients that dare even approach their desk. They are very condescending and shouldn't even be working in a customer service field in the first place. Patients beware.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO GO TO THIS OFFICE. I recently contacted this office to schedule an appointment for a family member who is in need of Psychiatric services. The receptionist was the WORST, RUDE, OBNOXIOUS, CONDESCENDING and DISRESPECTFUL woman I have ever spoken to in the medical field. SHE SHOULD BE FIRED! She clearly doesn't know that she works at a psychiatric facility and that she should treat patients and family members with respect and kindness. I am writing a letter to BBB.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
Awful bedside manner and definitely in the wrong profession. One of the most unprofessional, awful experiences I have ever heard. ZERO stars. My partner will write more after we have the strength the do so but for now we want to make the public aware of this doctors lack of due care. Met with patient for 1 hour and $300 out of pocket. Received a script for medication that 1. didn't work in past 2. didn't address immediate symptoms and only exacerbated current symptoms.. HORRID
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
He doesn't talk to his patients he missed diagnosed my husband and because of that my husband was hospitalized and miss an appointment so due to that they let him go as a patient. Not helpful at all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
I saw Dr. Rajput for several years. The appointments were always very quick and not a lot of talking. He attempted to change my meds once, and did not tell me I could go into withdrawal from the meds while weening off, I had a terrible reaction. When I finally switched to a new Dr - he told me every med Dr. Rajput had prescribed was a stimulant and probably making my anxiety much worse! I have been at a new Dr for almost a year now and never felt better.
Dr. Ragput has helped me more than any other Doctor
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
His first words as I walked in the door were I knew exactly what drugs you were coming in for even right when you walked in. Because I'm a recovering addict. He gave me antipsychotics for anxiety and sent me home with the same meds I clearly said didn't work. If you're an addict and expect to be treated like a human being I don't advise to go to this dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
I have been seeing this doctor since 2010, He is a very soft spoken doctor. I can only see doctors with soft spoken voices. He is not in my network anymore, but I still continue to see him every 3 months.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rajput?

• Psychiatry

• Punjabi
  • Sindhi
  • Urdu

Dr. Rajput accepts

Dr. Rajput accepts the following insurance:

Commercial Insurance Company

Dr. Rajput treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Rajput's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Alzheimer's Disease
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Dementia
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Epilepsy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Insomnia
  • Lithium Therapy (Inpatient Only)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mania
  • Marijuana Addiction
  • Medication Management
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Other Psychiatric Medication Therapy (Inpatient Only)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Rajput treats patients.