Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD

Dr. Rajput
Telehealth services available

Brick Psychiatric Services Inc

1541 Route 88 Ste J Brick, NJ 08724

Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Brick, NJ. Dr. Rajput has more experience with General Mental Health and Psychotic Disorders than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Community Medical Center and Ocean Medical Center. He is not accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Rajput to book an appointment.

Dr. Rajput's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rajput

2.3

5.128205128205129%

Dr. Rajput?
What People Say About Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD
I have hereditary chronic depression. It can be very bad. Dr. Rajput worked with me to develop a mix of medications to make me feel better than I have EVER. Once the depression was under control he reduced the dosages to maintenance levels. I continue to feel great after 10 years in his care. His style is analytical. It may not be for everyone, but, it sure is effective in my case. If your not getting the results you want from who you are seeing, go see him.
Jun 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
Dr Rajput is one of the most patient and thoughtful psychiatrists I have seen. Psychiatrists see everything, and if you are not HONEST he will see through it. That’s where a lot of these negative reviews are coming in. I would not be stable if it were not for him. I’ve suffered from debilitating treatment resistant depression and he took his time to make sure each medication worked, and if it didn’t, help he helped me taper and change the dose and medication. Finally, TMS was suggested and helped me lift out of the fog A LOT. The job of a psychiatrist is not the same as a psychotherapist. Therapists cannot prescribe and are paid only to listen to your issues for an hour while a psychiatrist is a doctor that listens but mainly prescribes medication to help you. He is extremely knowledgeable and if you ask questions he will share why for example an antipsychotic like Rexulti is given for treatment resistant depression. Because it HELPS! I would HIGHLY recommend Dr Rajput and this office
Private – Feb 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
Find yourself a psychiatrist who is interested in you as a patient, this man is not. prescribed six different meds for simple depression and was insulted when I expressed my concern for being overmedicated. Two of the drugs were not even for depression, one was for bipolar the other schizophrenia. He is not interested in patient care just overmedicates hoping one does the trick. Office is rude and have to wait 1 1/2 hr in waiting room for each visit.
brick, NJ – Oct 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
This man literally prescribed me klonipin for a few months then took me off completely. I asked for a taper down he told me to go to detox. I called a detox center and told them the schedule of when I was taking my medicine and they told me I was not severe enough for detox and that I had to go to a psychiatrist to be tapered off. The detox was astonished he would not taper me off and told me to go into detox. It’s not only him it’s his assistant. They are uncaring and extremely egotistical
Tanner Frohlich in NJ – Oct 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Rajput for over 6 years. He always gives me as much time as I need. He is a very smart man. I suffer from severe Panic Attacks. My Mom had them as does my sister. Dr Rajput has put me on a few medications that have really helped me. He has always been a true pro when dealing with me and I'm very happy with his office! J. Adams Howell. N.J.
John Adams in Howell.N.J. – Apr 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
Dr Rajput is a disgrace to the medical field. He had his assistant try to prescribe me Zoloft after asking me only 2 questions, and the Dr refused to even LOOK ME IN THE EYES. How sad and unprofessional is that. People actually need help and he just wants to shut them up. The assistant wasn’t condescending, rude, and tried to get me in and out as fast as possible. I asked for my co pay back and am reporting them to the medical association.
Dec 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
I've never exactly had a good psychiatrist in my experience, but this is one is a little different. He isn't too bad and he listens to you when you have concerns/questions. I rate him average, but I really have to say something about the receptionist desk. Those people are rude, disrespectful, and inconsiderate of the patients that dare even approach their desk. They are very condescending and shouldn't even be working in a customer service field in the first place. Patients beware.
Brick, NJ – Nov 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO GO TO THIS OFFICE. I recently contacted this office to schedule an appointment for a family member who is in need of Psychiatric services. The receptionist was the WORST, RUDE, OBNOXIOUS, CONDESCENDING and DISRESPECTFUL woman I have ever spoken to in the medical field. SHE SHOULD BE FIRED! She clearly doesn't know that she works at a psychiatric facility and that she should treat patients and family members with respect and kindness. I am writing a letter to BBB.
New York, NY – Oct 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
Awful bedside manner and definitely in the wrong profession. One of the most unprofessional, awful experiences I have ever heard. ZERO stars. My partner will write more after we have the strength the do so but for now we want to make the public aware of this doctors lack of due care. Met with patient for 1 hour and $300 out of pocket. Received a script for medication that 1. didn't work in past 2. didn't address immediate symptoms and only exacerbated current symptoms.. HORRID
Tom in Pennington, NJ – Sep 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
He doesn't talk to his patients he missed diagnosed my husband and because of that my husband was hospitalized and miss an appointment so due to that they let him go as a patient. Not helpful at all.
North Bergen, NJ – Aug 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
I saw Dr. Rajput for several years. The appointments were always very quick and not a lot of talking. He attempted to change my meds once, and did not tell me I could go into withdrawal from the meds while weening off, I had a terrible reaction. When I finally switched to a new Dr - he told me every med Dr. Rajput had prescribed was a stimulant and probably making my anxiety much worse! I have been at a new Dr for almost a year now and never felt better.
Toms River, NJ – Jun 01, 2017
Dr. Ragput has helped me more than any other Doctor
Jill Schneider in Howell newjersey – Jun 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
His first words as I walked in the door were I knew exactly what drugs you were coming in for even right when you walked in. Because I'm a recovering addict. He gave me antipsychotics for anxiety and sent me home with the same meds I clearly said didn't work. If you're an addict and expect to be treated like a human being I don't advise to go to this dr.
nervous wreck in Howell nj – Mar 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?
I have been seeing this doctor since 2010, He is a very soft spoken doctor. I can only see doctors with soft spoken voices. He is not in my network anymore, but I still continue to see him every 3 months.
Karen in Manchester Township, NJ – Mar 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Rajput, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rajput?

• Psychiatry