Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD

Psychiatry | Male

4763 S Old US Highway 23 Ste C1 Brighton, MI 48114 Get Directions
Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD
Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Brighton, MI. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Ahmed is affiliated with Memorial Healthcare.

Dr. Ahmed's Care Philosophy

I believe that mental illness is just like physical illness and we need to treat mental illnesses with medication and psychotherapy.People should not look down on mental illness. Mentally ill people need your compasssion and not your prejudice.Derogatory terms for mental illness should not be used when referring to a person with mental illness.

Dr. Ahmed's Experience

See how Dr. Ahmed's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ahmed

Dr. Ahmed accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Ahmed is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Ahmed has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ahmed's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ahmed to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Ahmed Says:

Prescription drug abuse is on the rise ,therefore, I adhere to very strict criteria for prescribing Benzodiazepines and Stimulants. People seeking Benzodiazepines and stimulants without a valid reason are disappointed and get very angry and post negative comments pretending to be valid patients.

A very busy schedule at our clinic speaks for itself when it comes to patient satisfaction.

Dr. Ahmed's Performance
in East Lansing, MI |
Very nice and caring psychiatrist. After seeing him,I feel he knows how to adjust medicine and his therapy skills are wonderful.Very easy going and down to earth. He is always very busy because everyone wants to be treated by him. He gives me more than enough time,listens to my problems and my daughter is also his patient and she thanked me for introducing her to such a great doctor.
in lansing, MI |
Best psychiatrist.I feel great after his treatment and medicine. Seeing him for 6 years. He is very empathic and soft spoken. I feel very comfortable with him.I know he is very competent and intelligent. He not only inquires about my symptoms but also about my family, kids and my pets. I have not gone to hospital since I starting seeing him. Don't go to him if you are a drug seeker as he is very strict on controlled substances. Some pissed off reviews speak for that. I wish there were more do
in Grand Ledge, Michigan |
Very nice and caring psychiatrist. I like his detailed evaluation and great treatment plan. I trust him as my provider. I have referred several friends to him and they all like him a lot. His communication style is wonderful. I could not find a doctor like him in 20 years. Feel so grateful to him. He is always very busy. I think he is the best psychiatrist in Lansing area.
in Howell,MI |
I feel highly satisfied by Dr.Ahmed's treatment. He is the best Psychiatrist you can find in Michigan.Excellent communication skills and very caring.Put me on right medication and it made a difference like day and night. If you want to get right diagnosis and medication,go to him. His staff is very helpful and caring too.
in Grand Ledge,MI |
I highly recommend Dr.Ahmed as he is very knowledgeable and caring Psychiatrist.He always greets me very nicely and asks questions how my life is going.He remembers every detail of my previous visit and all of his prescribed meds are working great. He speaks very clearly and listens to me carefully. His office staff is very friendly and caring. I would not go to any other doctor.Actually I have referred about 10 people to him. They all like him. Therapist in his office has helped me a lot.
St Johns, MI |
Didn't care about me or my conditions. Just wanted to get me some drugs and out of his office. Literally asked me what drugs I wanted without really listening. I asked for Xanex, he gave me Xanex. No questions asked. Poor example of a psychiatrist. Gives his contemporaries a bad name. No real care administered. Just a glorified legal drug provider. He literally is everything wrong with mental health care.
in East Lansing, MI |
Dr. Ahmed is very good at being a psychiatrist. He helps you with whatever you need. Dr. Ahmed is accommodating and accepts medicaid insurance for those who can't afford treatment. I'm very glad to be seeing him!
in DeWitt,MI |
in East Lansing, MI |
I have been seeing Dr Ahmed for over 12 years and I have great respect for him. He is very simply the best psychiatrist you can find. He saved my life and put me on right kind of medicine. Dealing with PTSD and depression was never easier for me. He provides excellent care with empathy and respect for his patients. I am so surprised to see some negative comments about him.I know he does not help people get addicted on prescription pills,
in East Lansing, MI |
very professional and knowledgeable psychiatrist. Treated my symptoms effectively and adjusted meds so well.No other psychiatrist diagnosed my bipolar correctly.I would highly recommend him.
in Lansing,MI |
I think he is the best psychiatrist I have seen in 30 years of my treatment. He listens carefully and asks very relevant questions. He is very compassionate.He adjusted my medication so well and balanced. He spend adequate time with me. His grasp of English language is superb. Well aware of cultural aspects of US life.
in Lansing, MI |
Ahmed seems to be running more of a patient-mill than a psychiatric office. He gives the impression that he is more interested in billing patients than treating them. If you don't mind being double-booked and having to wait over an hour past your scheduled appointment to see him, and if you enjoy having him give multiple different (and conflicting) diagnoses in the mere 15 minutes he spends with you, then he is your man.
in Lansing, MI |
When I met with Dr. Ahmed for the first time, he looked at his computer and did not greet either me or my significant other. Did not get up, shake our hands or even say hi. He took a personal phone call during the appt. Dr. Ahmed thinks it's okay to stop Ambien and Xanax cold turkey at the same time. When my significant other questioned him on the safety of stopping both and the fact that appointments are 10 minutes, Dr. Ahmed got up out of his chair, opened the door and told us to 'get out.'
Okemos, MI |
I would avoid this provider in my view like the plague. He would not even see me after reviewing my condition and expressed that I need to seek treatment elsewhere. Well then where? I am not questioning his skills, I am in question of his motivation.
in Holt, MI |
After talking to two different office staff members and giving them quite a bit of information (they each asked different questions and I had to start the process all over with the second), I received a call from the staff that said they came in to a list of people to call and tell them that Dr. Ahmed recommended that I seek treatment elsewhere. I am extremely disappointed it took three weeks and gathering all sorts of insurance information on me to find that out.
Have you seen Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD?
Are you Dr. Ahmed?

Compare Dr. Ahmed

Dr. Ahmed's Care Philosophy

Dr. Ahmed says...

Dr. Ahmed's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Ahmed has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ahmed's Board Certifications

• Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Completed in 2003

• Other Education
    University Of Alabama At Birmingham

Completed in 1994

Dr. Ahmed does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ahmed and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

Dr. Ahmed does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Ahmed and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.