Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD

Psychiatry •  Male • Age 58

Dr. Ahmed
Telehealth services available
4763 S Old Us Highway 23 Ste C1 Brighton, MI 48114

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Brighton, MI and has over 32 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Ahmed has more experience with Psychotic Disorders than other specialists in his area. He graduated from King Edward Medical University medical school in 1988. He is affiliated with Memorial Healthcare. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ahmed to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

See similar Psychiatry Specialists in Brighton

• Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. Ahmed accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Ahmed has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(517) 333-7113Find providers who accept this insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Psychotic Disorders

Psychotic disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that cause severe mental symptoms and disconnection from reality, such as schizophrenia, delusional disorder, and substance-induced psychosis.Compare with other Psychotic Disorders specialists.

Typically treats 63% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 3 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Schizoaffective Disorder

Dr. Ahmed treats Schizoaffective Disorder more than 71% of their peers

Dr. Ahmed treats this condition more than 71% of their peers

Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

Dr. Ahmed treats Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder more than 71% of their peers

Dr. Ahmed treats this condition more than 71% of their peers

Dr. Ahmed's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Antisocial Personality Disorder
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Amphetamine or Related Acting Sympathomimetic Abuse
  • Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD...

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer evening visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Communicate via email?

Dr. Ahmed's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ahmed

2.9

Dr. Ahmed?
Healthy Minds is a regressive, transphobic pill mill
Brighton, MI – Jun 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD?
I like Dr.Ahmed over all other psychiatrist I have seen.He is very caring and listens.I feel great with his treatment of my anxiety. He has a very busy practice and is in demand. If you want to see a competent psychiatrist, see Dr Ahmed.
Apr 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD?
I saw Dr. Ahmed one time in my 6+ months of being a patient at Healthy Minds. He shook my hand and left. Every appointment I had was with Kristi the Nurse Practitioner who I can only assume hates her job based on her total apathy towards anything you say. I left a long review on a certain popular review site that I cannot name here in case you are looking for more information.
Lansing, MI – Jan 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD?
I will keep at this until no one sees this man anymore! Those recent good comments are fake and obviously made by someone who works there! He is a terrible doctor with zero compassion for a patient who is need of some kindness! He’s only in it for the money!
Concerned in Mason, MI – Dec 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD?
Dr.Ahmed is the best Psychiatrist. He has done so much for me. I feel great by his treatment.He is very caring and good listener.
Jason in Lansing, MI – Oct 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD?
The services provided here can be met by a primary care physician. If you desire to see a psychiatrist , go elsewhere, they will have you see a nurse practitioner. She will ask little questions and write you a script, scooting you out the door. Any disagreement by the patient will be met with vitriole. Good luck on the quest for good quality psychiatric care. On a side note, he is known throughout Oakland county psychiatrist, interesting reviews. Do your research.
G in Brighton – Sep 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD?
Avoid him at all cost. He doesn't care for his patients and has an awful bedside manner. He just wants to push medication and charge for his 5 minutes visits.
Lorena in Brighton, MI – Aug 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD?
He saw a family member for like 3 months and never gave her a diagnose but he always prescribed medication. When I asked him (with my family member's permition)what was her diagnose and why he was giving her all the medication he throw me out from his office. She voiced that she was having suicidal thoughts and he dismissed her with no direction of where to go to seek support. He doesn't care for his patients and HE IS THE ONE THAT IS PUSHING THE MEDICATION TO THE PATIENTS. Avoid him at all cos
Emmy in Brighton, MI – Aug 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD?
He saw a family member on referral one time and dismissed her. She voiced that she was in the midst of a mental health crisis and she was summarily dismissed, with no direction of where to go to seek support. In reading Dr. Ahmed's tone-deaf response to very similar reviews here he implies those leaving negative reviews are drug-seekers, which is an irresponsible response. We are filing complaint with the State Board, the insurance co's network department, and the referring doctor.
Lansing Patient in LANSING – Jan 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD?
I waited months to get into him. I wrote down all the medications I’ve been on and my symptoms. He showed up 20 minutes late. He called me back, read through my symptoms and medicine; asked a few questions. Raised his eye brow in judgment when I spoke about my previous addiction issues... then less than ten minutes later tells me he isn’t qualified to see me. Gives me my money back and that’s it. Couldn’t refer me to anyone Bc I’m not a patient. I TOLD HIM I WAS IN THE MIDST OF A BREAKDOWN
Lacye Ryan in MI – Jan 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD?
This doctor was so awful that at least five veterans I know(including myself) to stop receiving treatment entirely
Eaton Rapids, MI – Dec 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD?
Excellent bedside manner. Nicest physician you'll meet.
Merijo in St. Johns – Nov 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD?
Save your time, find a Dr. who actually cares to help people dispute the insurance they have. They dont take the time to evaluate you they ask name, phone number, address, and insurance info. and make a decision based on that if they are going to see you or not... what sense does that make..... my primary doctor recommend me to these guys and I will make sure he does NOT recommend them to anyone else because they will NOT help you and the staff is RUDE and MEAN when you ask questions
Mason, MI – Oct 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD?
Best psychiatrist. He listens and cares. I'll give him five star rating based on my experience of seeing him for 5 years.
Owosso, MI – Sep 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD?
Very nice and caring psychiatrist. After seeing him,I feel he knows how to adjust medicine and his therapy skills are wonderful.Very easy going and down to earth. He is always very busy because everyone wants to be treated by him. He gives me more than enough time,listens to my problems and my daughter is also his patient and she thanked me for introducing her to such a great doctor.
Melissa in East Lansing, MI – Jul 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD?
Very nice and caring psychiatrist. I like his detailed evaluation and great treatment plan. I trust him as my provider. I have referred several friends to him and they all like him a lot. His communication style is wonderful. I could not find a doctor like him in 20 years. Feel so grateful to him. He is always very busy. I think he is the best psychiatrist in Lansing area.
Margret in Grand Ledge, Michigan – May 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD?
I highly recommend Dr.Ahmed as he is very knowledgeable and caring Psychiatrist.He always greets me very nicely and asks questions how my life is going.He remembers every detail of my previous visit and all of his prescribed meds are working great. He speaks very clearly and listens to me carefully. His office staff is very friendly and caring. I would not go to any other doctor.Actually I have referred about 10 people to him. They all like him. Therapist in his office has helped me a lot.
Raymond in Grand Ledge,MI – May 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD?
Dr. Ahmed is very good at being a psychiatrist. He helps you with whatever you need. Dr. Ahmed is accommodating and accepts medicaid insurance for those who can't afford treatment. I'm very glad to be seeing him!
Carter in East Lansing, MI – Jan 28, 2017
Carter in DeWitt,MI – Jan 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Ahmed for over 12 years and I have great respect for him. He is very simply the best psychiatrist you can find. He saved my life and put me on right kind of medicine. Dealing with PTSD and depression was never easier for me. He provides excellent care with empathy and respect for his patients. I am so surprised to see some negative comments about him.I know he does not help people get addicted on prescription pills,
Susan in East Lansing, MI – Dec 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ahmed?

I believe that mental illness is just like physical illness and we need to treat mental illnesses with medication and psychotherapy.People should not look down on mental illness. Mentally ill people need your compasssion and not your prejudice.Derogatory terms for mental illness should not be used when referring to a person with mental illness.

• Psychiatry

2003
University Of Tennessee Bowld Hospital
1994
University of Alabama At Birmingham
1988
King Edward Medical University

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Ahmed communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Ahmed communicates via email

• Does Dr. Ahmed offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Ahmed offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Ahmed offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Ahmed offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Ahmed have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Ahmed has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Ahmed offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Ahmed offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Ahmed offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Ahmed offers evening visits